Ho, Ho, Ho! Merry Christmas!

Santa's Caching Clauses

Just got back from breaking in the new GPSr with a 12+ mile hike on Tiger Mt and before heading into the house crawled over to get the mail.

A small bubble mailer from myself???? That gave me the little pick me up I needed to make it in the door. mightyzinn got a package today also so we opened together and mine had a cute little stocking in it!?!?!

WOW!

Thanks Santa, this was a very nice surprise and cooler than the trekking poles I was begging you for the on the way down the mountain today ;)B)B)

Congrats to everyone else who recently also received!

I received a little mystery envelope in my mailbox as well. I was having more than a tough week. On Monday evening I got 2 sad phone calls. One from my mom telling me that uncle (only in his early 40's) had a stroke and was being flown out for medical treatment. Then I received a frantic call from my best friend (only 38 years old) saying that she had found a lump in her breast. Tuesday I went with my friend to the doctor and after testing found out that she did indeed have breast cancer. I spent most of the day with her and then left her in her brother's capable hands. I then went to check on my uncle, who ended up needing surgury - he was still in surgury when my daughter called me and reminded me that my son had a band concert in 1 hour. I rushed to make it there and did get to see my son's first band concert. On the way home I remembered that I need to fill a prescription so I stopped at the 24 hour pharmacy. While waiting for the prescription I hear someone yell "There's a man down on the sidewalk outside." Being a nurse I go to see if I can be of assistance. Turns out is was the son of a nursing home resident that I cared for last year. He was sick and and cut his head when he fell, but didn't want to go in the ambulance. I finally convinced him to let me drive him to the hospital. At midnight I finally got home. The next day I was up at 6 to go for more testing and meetings with my friend. That was a really tough day. The diagnosis had sunk in a bit and we found out that she would need 4 months of chemo before surgury and she most certainly was going to lose her hair. The cancer looks to be very "survivable" but now she is looking at a 6 month recovery with surgury and chemo combined, not 6 weeks like it would be with surgury. So after a long day I grabbed the mail before heading to work for the night. Hmm, a little envelope that I sent to myself. A cute little stocking coin! ;) It did lighten my mood a bit. Thanks Secret Santa!!

After being sick all week, today I ended up getting a package in the mail from myself. ;)

When I opened the package, out fell the stocking coin! Thanks!!! I didn't even know about this coins existence, and made my day better.

:-) That would be great to get it and not even know it was out there! Much more like a real present under the tree!

Edited by intolerable

Yesterday was my lucky day! It was my last day of work for the year and when I got home there were several mailers. I was expecting some as I've been trading a bit lately. As I examined each one, I noticed that one came from me?! And, to add to the mystery, the cancellation mark on the stamp was smudged (e.g. unreadable). Having read about packages from one's self in the forums, I got a big ear to ear grin :yikes: and expectantly opened the package. Hooray, it was a Merry Christmas coin!

Thanks Santa! I think this coin will be going on the tree.

I went to pick up the mail tonight after a long day of caching/christmas shopping (had to do both :yikes: ) and I found a small mailer to myself. I just knew what it had to be. I quickly went back inside to open up the mailer and out came the cutest stocking!!! I got the blue glittery one! :yikes: How did you know blue is my favorite color!!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

ctree_3a.gif

me_chr2.gif

What a wonderful surprise B) B) B)

Heading out to go christmas shopping this afternoon, PolskiKrol checked the mail and yelled up the stairs to me "hey there's a package here from yourself!"

I tore into it before pulling out of the driveway :yikes: I love the poem; "no sales ever and not on ebay!" :yikes: no worries, MINE ALL MINE :santa:;) ;)

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! What a cute coin :o

Here I sit on Christmas Eve day. I am feeling a bit down as I always do this time of year when the holidays mess with my peace of mind. I hear the mail box thump and I know the mail has arrived so I go gather the mail and there is a padded envelope from me, to me. Hmmmm, I open it up and out drops the Elvish Surprise mystery coin. The timing of its arrival was perfect and it brought a smile to my face as it drew me out of the Christmas blues I was feeling. Thank you for thinking of me Santa's Caching Clauses. I want you to know it made a huge difference in my day. Happy Holidays. :)

My son and I were backing out of the garage when our mailman had just finished dropping the mail in the box. (I had already checked the box twice earlier!) Well, we were on our way to do a little last minute shopping and were gone for a couple of hours, so when I got back home I checked the box. And there under my sister-in-law's annual Christmas saga was a little manila envelope I had obviously sent to myself. =) I ran down the hall to the computer room where my son was and dropped out the little stocking coin to show him. I yelled a little woo hoo and my husband stated 'What, another geocoin?' And I proceeded to tell him how special this little stocking coin was and that I didn't have to pay for it! But I didn't bother to tell him about the other package from Germany with several expensive geocoins in it!

Thank You and Merry Christmas to Santa's Caching Clauses and everyone that visits the forums.

Happy Holidays

Cydriver

Things are finally mostly ready . . . everything is ready to go, so I finally got to play with my new stocking and my camera.

Inspired by Dressel Dragons' coin tree, I found something suitable the other night while I was out finishing my shopping. I built a little tree of suitable seasonal coins, with the newest pretty lil' stocking front and center.

2134680394_e2215da933_o.jpg2134680362_8c083ba5e1.jpg

Thank you so much.

Wow! What an exciting mailox day! I received the most exciting mystery geocoin in my mailbox today. I was having dinner w/TJ and Blondie and Tj mentioned he had read about the coin in the forum. All I can say is all the Jesters say a big thank you to the mystery geocoin donator!

A big Thank you!

The Jesters

:rolleyes: HO HO HO ;)

Today I go to my mailbox to the mailbox to get everything before Christmas. As I pulled out the mail, I noticed a brown package. O must be another Geocoin I recently bought.

Like always, I checked to see who it was from to know what Geocoin it was. To my surprise it had *my* return address on the package. Wondering, I quickly opened the package and found a Stocking Geocoin!!!

Thank you Santa for a Merry Christmas...

nielsenc

Having never received a mystery coin before, when this thread came out, I read the posts, but then began ignoring the thread all together. I'm not real popular, not really well-known. I've done a few good deeds now and again, but nothing compared to the generosity of others out here. I'll never receive one of these coins.

Then on Saturday, I went to check the mail, and found one of those often mentioned to-me-from-me mailers with a smeared postmark. OMG! Can it really be? I gently opened the package, and out slid the cutest little stocking coin, with the blue-glittery trim!

Thank you so much SCC! I feel truly honored to display your coin in my collection!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Having never received a mystery coin before, when this thread came out, I read the posts, but then began ignoring the thread all together. I'm not real popular, not really well-known. I've done a few good deeds now and again, but nothing compared to the generosity of others out here. I'll never receive one of these coins.

Then on Saturday, I went to check the mail, and found one of those often mentioned to-me-from-me mailers with a smeared postmark. OMG! Can it really be? I gently opened the package, and out slid the cutest little stocking coin, with the blue-glittery trim!

Thank you so much SCC! I feel truly honored to display your coin in my collection!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Yeah Elaine! Glad you got one :D My stocking was empty, not even coal :rolleyes: BUT, Tristin had some wet nosed kisses for me ;)

Mahalo Santa's Caching Clauses (and those elves), your timing couldn't have been better, Christmas Eve. And living here, it seems silly to get a live tree. We do however have a little table top one, and the stocking is the perfect size! Mele Kalikimaka and Mahalo Nui Loa! We've found most of our mystery coins in caches, it is fun to get these envelopes with mystery (smudged) postmarks!

771cde2d-9de1-4e80-b20a-2951ddaa4f2f.jpg

0e62addf-4a83-46ff-8e57-6b53b0ba7a7b.jpg

I recived a small mailer that had my return address on it today and inside I found a stocking trimed in white what a nice looking coin.THANKS to all of the mystery coin givers as you realy know how to make a day at the at the mailbox something to give my neighbors something to talk about as unlike the fisrt finders dance,when I get a coin mailer it is opened before I get back inside and I always yell out a great big YES I recived a mystery coin.THANKYOU !

Congratulations to all of the recipients !!! and THANKYOU ! ! Santa's Caching Clauses what a nice Christmas eve package to find.

:rolleyes:;):D MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE ! ! :huh::D;)

IMG_0171.jpg[/img]

Whew! What a day Christmas Eve was. I had to work until "10:00pm", but ended up being there an hour later than that. Ugh! Then, since I've got to be right back to work at 4:00am on the 26th, I'm staying in town. No Christmas for me!

But wait! What's this I see? A package from myself? Hmm... Can't tell where it's from, since the cancellation stamp is smeared; clever, by the way. I decided to wait for Christmas day to open this, so I've got at least a little cheer.

Inside was a cool little red stocking coin! Well, isn't that cool!?!?!! :rolleyes:

Thanks, Santa!

(That's my first!)

Well ... you all know how it happens: Over the years you grow up, become an adult, later you find a wife (or a husband) ... and over all the years, bit by bit, you loose the faith in christmas, Santa, and his little helpers from the north pole. Memories of fascinating tales, the surprises you find under the tree ... it's never as it has been before. Even when you see the excitement in the eyes of your own children ... life can be cruel for an adult.

But then another 24th of december arrives. You open the mail box, take out the envelopes, sit down on the kitchen table with a hot coffee and take a closer look. Christmas cards from friends and family, some advertisements, some bills ... and then your eyes get fixed on a small little padded envelope. Do I expect some coins to arrive? No, budget was empty for the last weeks! Who has sent this?

And then, reading the sender, from one single moment to the other, you feel all this wonderful believe again. The warmth of excitement fills your heart, you vervously open the envelope ... and then it's time to happily shout through the whole house:

Thanks so much for making me believe again!!! Thanks Santa's Caching Clause !!!

Christmas is here ... and it's all the fun that ever was !!!

Merry christmas to everbody out there!

Dirk

Having never received a mystery coin before, when this thread came out, I read the posts, but then began ignoring the thread all together. I'm not real popular, not really well-known.

For what its worth, mightyzinn thinks you're a super star! You sent him a great little train coin and he still goes on about how nice that was of you!

Congrats on getting one and Merry Christmas!