Ho, Ho, Ho! Merry Christmas!

Santa's Caching Clauses

Heather and I spent our morning battling the crowds in Sam's Club, and then off to the woods for a little cachemas magic to lift the spirits. She was such a trooper...following me through the rows of merchandise in the store and then the mud and jaggers in the woods. By the time we made it home, we were cold, tired and cranky. I pulled the mail out of the box, and chucked it all onto the seat of the car. We unloaded the trunk of food before I went back to get the mail. A package to me, from me...hey...I've seen that elf before...where have I seen that elf before? This thread! Like a kid on Christmas morning, I ripped open my package to find a stocking trimmed in blue. Thanks Santa's Caching Clauses! We've already added it to the top of our geocoin tree.

DSC01703.jpg

DSC01705.jpg

Edited by DresselDragons

Merry Christmas and here's a glass of proverbial cheer to all the newest recipients!

Please keep posting those pictures! I love seeing the Christmas/Geocoin trimmings in your homes.

Hey Dressels -- I wanted to hang coins on my tree last year but wasn't happy with the results -- waaaay too heavy. What are you using in the pictures I see in this thread?

Thanks again!

Merry Christmas and here's a glass of proverbial cheer to all the newest recipients!

Please keep posting those pictures! I love seeing the Christmas/Geocoin trimmings in your homes.

Hey Dressels -- I wanted to hang coins on my tree last year but wasn't happy with the results -- waaaay too heavy. What are you using in the pictures I see in this thread?

Thanks again!

It is a wire tree with hooks...just slipped the coins right onto its hooks (it only holds 6 coins, so I attached our newest Christmas coin to the top). Most of the coins already had hole, but for ours (which does not), I used one of those nifty coin holders from geoswag.

So I get a package with my own return address and I'm thinking either I've gone completely mad or I've been sending coins to myself in my sleep (sleepcoining? ;) ) Of course when I opened it, a little stocking tumbled out. It was a happy smile at the end of a long week. I've been naughty - I've been ignoring this thread so I was really surprised... I had to do a little reading to catch up and find out this is the right thead.

Santa, thank you very much! B)

Merry Christmas!

Mr. Anthus went out to get the mail this afternoon. Like always, I wait for him to come back into the house and I immediately say "any padded envelopes for me?" His reply was no. Of course I was B) . Then he pulled a small envelope from under his coat and said "are you looking for this one"? I quickly snatched it out of his hands ;) , saw that it was "from me" "to me", and began jumping up and down with joy. Sure enough, Santa came today. B) I hung it proudly next to my dad's old Santa ornament on my all Santa tree. The tree is in my living room and the coin is in plain sight so I get to stare at it all day long. :santa:

scc_1.jpg

scc_2.jpg

scc_3.jpg

w00t!! Thanks Santa for making my Christmas extra special this year and for helping me add another Santa ornament to my tree. B)

Merry Christmas.....Anthus

DSC01705.jpg

I always knew that Santa was a true Penn State Fan. I love the Blue & White on the coin. ;)

Happy Holidays.

Naivety here again, but is that Santa stocking a coin B) ?

. . . How COOL B) !

Here I go again, That is an equally cool coin with the cat on it, Can someone tell me its name and if they are still available B)

My next door neighbor swung by today and handed me a small envelope that the postman delivered to his house yesterday instead of mine (apparently the postman can't read numbers very well), but he couldn't bring it by until today. Then he proceeded to question as to why I would mail myself a package. Just hand over the envelope dude!!! B) After some small chat he finally left and I ran to open the envelope. Inside was one of these mystery coins!!!! It's the one with white trim! At first I thought that the trim was just white, but after playing around with the coin a bit and upon closer inspection I noticed it was glittery white! Awesome! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! ;) Santa, you sure do know how to brighten a girls day!

I'll try to post pics later, but right now I am in the midst of baking.

OMG!! ;) What an amazing amount of mail today! My son brought it in and I was glad to see it. There was all kinds of good stuff in it, but probably the most important were two boxes containing gifts for my sons (you know them – the two who figured out Santa’s Secret, but didn’t tell me they knew so I wouldn’t be disappointed!) There were some teddybears (Thanks, Karma – they’re better than I expected) and some other coins.

But, hidden amongst all the other treasures was a li’l manila envelope that I’d forgotten I’d sent to myself. :santa: (Really?) I could hardly wait to open it, but I did take the time to examine the postmark. It was fairly blurred, but I think I could just make out an ‘S’. (Can anybody else make out anything?) When I finally got it opened, a cute little Christmas Stocking (with snowy trim) GeoCoin dropped into my hand. :santa:

I have to pass on my deepest thanks to Santa's Caching Clauses :santa: for the special surprise and for starting this thread so we can all enjoy everybody’s fun. This makes a nice break from the Christmas Prep that I’m involved in right now. So, it’s back to work for me, but I promise to post pictures soon.

;):santa:B) B) B):santa:

Congrats GBOTS, kayakerinme, Anthus, BRoKeN W, FluteFace, and all previous recipients! Looks like we're up to three different colors of stockings! Here's the real stocking that my mother cross-stitched me for my first Christmas:

2126337604_e7d17a83a5_o.jpg

Here's a link to a bigger picture that shows the detail a bit better - link

I'd just LOVE to find one of these wonderful stocking coins in it!

Congratulations to kayakerinme, Anthus, BRoKeN W & FluteFace!!!

I went out today to finish some last minute Christmas Shopping, as you can imagine there were long lines most places. I had a very nice time and got in just a little while ago. I asked about the mail and my sister immediately handed me a little envelope addressed to me and from me, on the mailing labels was a very familiar elf! I ripped open the mailer to find one very precious blue glitter topped Christmas stocking, thank you very very much Santa's Caching Clauses B);)B) I can't tell you how happy your gift has made me.

I don't have a tree to hang this little ornament on, we haven't had a proper tree since my Grandfather died (Christmases just haven't been the same without him around B) ), but sorry I digress. I tied a little ribbon on my stocking and hung it with pride on the closest thing we have to a tree, a holiday wreath. Thank you again Santa for bringing a smile to my face this holiday season!!

IMG_0147.jpgIMG_0148.jpg

As you can see in my picture my cancellation was 100% blurred and I can't make out a thing on it, but I admit not to trying too hard. As I was told by my mom growing up, as long as you believe you in Santa he is real!

IMG_0140.jpg

Edited by TokyoBlossom

I was in a serious car accident on the day before Halloween. A car going in the opposite direction drifted into my lane and hit me head on going about 40 mph. I haven't fully recovered yet. The task of putting up a tree and hauling all those decorations out of the basement is just too much for me this year. Finding this little mystery envelope in the mailbox yesterday did a lot to bring me a some much needed Christmas cheer! Inside was a little stocking coin with a blue top!

Thank you so much!!! ;)

I was out doing some last minute Christmas shopping and I got a call from home saying I got little package to me from me. I knew what it HAD to be, and I couldn't wait to get home and see for sure. I WAS RIGHT!! It was a mystery stocking coin with blue glittery trim!! When I find the camera I will post a picture. Thank you soo much mystery elves!! B);)B)