Ho, Ho, Ho! Merry Christmas!

Santa's Caching Clauses

I love watching these mystery coins. I'd love to be on the list but, more importantly, I know that LoriDarlin' should be near the top of it. As for me, Santa knows how nice or naughty I've been! :D

And on the Santa discussion . . . when my boys were of that age, they figured out Santa's secret, but didn't tell me about it 'cause they though I'd be disappointed that they knew! They just warmed the cockles of my heart with that! :(

:(:D:D:D:laughing:

Merry Christmas to all you coin junkies out there . . .

and may your stocking stretch out of shape

because of the weight of all the geocoins in it!

:D:(:D:D:unsure:

I love watching these mystery coins. I'd love to be on the list but, more importantly, I know that LoriDarlin' should be near the top of it. As for me, Santa knows how nice or naughty I've been! :D

And on the Santa discussion . . . when my boys were of that age, they figured out Santa's secret, but didn't tell me about it 'cause they though I'd be disappointed that they knew! They just warmed the cockles of my heart with that! :(

I completely agree about LoriDarlin! If there was ever a deserving soul, she is at the top of the list!

Heart of gold, that gal, but then again, I bet you already know that!

And it sounds like you've got some special boys, FluteFace!

Naomi :D

I completely agree about LoriDarlin! If there was ever a deserving soul, she is at the top of the list!

Heart of gold, that gal, but then again, I bet you already know that!

And it sounds like you've got some special boys, FluteFace!

I have to second that sentiment :D

I'm sure Snata's list has been made out and checked over. I'm also certain the deserving will be very much rewarded in due time!!

Looks as if this thread is popular, glad to see another bright source of funshine! Will be checking back often!!

Santa stories:

Well, when I was a youngster, we three brothers (I'm the middle) shared a long bedroom (plenty large enough for us all, plus a bar pool table too). The floor was tiled and cold, our beds were spread across the room in different sections which we claimed as our "property"!

Every Christmas (four or five years), my older brother and I would wake each other up and go sit beside the heat (it was on my "property")where we'd talk about what we wanted Santa to bring us that year! My younger brother was 4 years younger, so he missed out on much of this, but we'd usually sneak off to the kitchen after some Christmas cookies and hot chocolate (we'd ALWAYS get busted, but we always got the cookies and hot chocolate).

Christmas brought us TONS of goodies, and we usually got much of what we fantasized about near the heat (I wonder if maybe someone was possibly listening on the other end of that heat duct...or maybe......).

I'm sure Snata's list has been made out and checked over. I'm also certain the deserving will be very much rewarded in due time!!

Looks as if this thread is popular, glad to see another bright source of funshine! Will be checking back often!!

Santa stories:

Well, when I was a youngster, we three brothers (I'm the middle) shared a long bedroom (plenty large enough for us all, plus a bar pool table too). The floor was tiled and cold, our beds were spread across the room in different sections which we claimed as our "property"!

Every Christmas (four or five years), my older brother and I would wake each other up and go sit beside the heat (it was on my "property")where we'd talk about what we wanted Santa to bring us that year! My younger brother was 4 years younger, so he missed out on much of this, but we'd usually sneak off to the kitchen after some Christmas cookies and hot chocolate (we'd ALWAYS get busted, but we always got the cookies and hot chocolate).

Christmas brought us TONS of goodies, and we usually got much of what we fantasized about near the heat (I wonder if maybe someone was possibly listening on the other end of that heat duct...or maybe......).

Remember, Roddy, he sees you when you're sleeping, he knows when you're awake....

No mystery, just Santa!

I believe, I believe!!

Naomi :laughing:

That's just sad about the younger kids not believing in Santa :laughing: A couple of weeks ago while my friend and I were walking my son and her daughter home from Kindergarten there was a group of older kids infront of us (I'm guessing around 8 yrs old). They were talking loud about how they didn't believe Santa was real. My friend and I just slowed our pace significantly and talked louder than the kids about something else, so our youngin's didn't hear any of the older kids hoopla. pssshh! How do they know Santa's not real? :D

That's just sad about the younger kids not believing in Santa :( A couple of weeks ago while my friend and I were walking my son and her daughter home from Kindergarten there was a group of older kids infront of us (I'm guessing around 8 yrs old). They were talking loud about how they didn't believe Santa was real. My friend and I just slowed our pace significantly and talked louder than the kids about something else, so our youngin's didn't hear any of the older kids hoopla. pssshh! How do they know Santa's not real? :laughing:

That's how old Hanna is. Sad, isn't it!

:laughing: Hey what a cool yule idea! :D

If I had to say who had been good this year, I would choose Mandy, of Us 4 and Jess. She has single handedly produced geocaching calendars for charity for the past two years and raise hundreds of pounds as a result. The calendars are fab and she deserves a pat on the back for all her hard work in chasing cachers for pictures, doing the layout and printing and mailing. Well done Mandy!

wendycaesarxmasblinkie.gif

...and Merry Christmas from us too!

Edited by Dorsetgal & GeoDog

Fun Christmas story:

My Granpa and Gramma lived as caretakers for a large farm and lake (my Granpa actually made the lake and then a road that went around the lake...4 miles long that road was), the house was very large and very old! It had a huge stairway which took you to a massive upstairs filled with "old" stuff (we were youngsters after all). I LOVED sliding down that bannister!

Gramma would make a turkey and a goose that Dad shot, stuffing, cranberries, mashed tators, sweet tators, baked mac & cheese, a baked ham, scalloped corn (and who knows what else), as well as several pies (we had a huge family), the whole house was just one giant tantalizing aroma of the Christmas feast! We'd all sit around two massive tables and feast on that meal until all were stuffed.

After the meal, we'd all load up into the tractor and wagon and head back along the lake road, the ice glistening as the sun shimmered and sparkled and danced merrily on the powdery snow. We'd all sing Christmas songs and drink the home-made hot chocolate my Mom would mix up every year....and enjoyed the GREAT fudges my Granpa would make (not to mention the AWESOME rock candies).

We'd park on the peninsula and put our skates on or get our fishing equipment out and just enjoy the entire afternoon together skating, making snow angels with Gramma or fishing with Dad and Granpa....oh the memories! Later that evening, we'd all head back to the house and open presents before everyone set out for home!

My Gramma died a few years back....I sorely miss her. My Granpa is still with us but only physically since dymentia<sp> has stolen his spirit from us! The farm is now a state preserve...the road is still there even today!

Back to my Granpa and Gramma's house...Christmas around there was GREAT! Don't get me wrong, we had special Christmases at our house too, but their house was HUGE...and had a fireplace (we didn't get one of those until I was older). There were special decorations at G&G's house, the lights were "different", the ornaments were classical! And SANTA was everywhere!!

The sliegh was on the TV...it ALWAYS was on the TV....and ALWAYS was stocked full of candy canes, Santa sat in his seat and waved as you grabbed a treat!! The tree was always in the front bow window and always covered beautifully with those special ornaments (read as filled but not cluttered). Our stockings were ALWAYS hung on the fireplace, each bearing our names (Mom was into Ar-tex paints)...we used to get sooooo much stuff in those stockings! Of course, we ALWAYS left milk and cookies on the fireplace mantel...for Santa!

Deck the halls with a bucket of geocoins... falalallalalalalalalala...lalala (join in)

Tis the season where hands we all joins... falalallalllaalalalaaalallaala... lala

Dum, de dum dum, dum de dum dum... falalllalallaaala... falala.

Drinking grog and trading geocoins... fallallaalaalalalalaaa... lala.

:laughing:

Deck the halls with a bucket of geocoins... falalallalalalalalalala...lalala (join in)

Tis the season where hands we all joins... falalallalllaalalalaaalallaala... lala

Dum, de dum dum, dum de dum dum... falalllalallaaala... falala.

Drinking grog and trading geocoins... fallallaalaalalalalaaa... lala.

:laughing:

I like that. That would have been cool on the back of christmas coin! :D

I would also take a minute to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a safe and healthy New Year. This next part is not meant for sympathy or to bring this fun thread to a screaching halt. But please take it as a reminder of what this time of year means and how precious all of our families and friends are at all times.

This will be our last Christmas with my brother. We have all made our peace and come to accept the situation. But how many of us take it for granted that we will always have our family together year after year? So give your loved ones an extra hug and kiss and remember what is really important every day in our lives. We got our Christmas miracle already. 3 months has turned to 6 months and we still have him with us when the doctors said it would not happen. So no matter what anyone says, I still believe in Santa even though I am 41! If everyone kept even a little bit more of the Christmas spirit in their hearts year round, this world would be a much better place.

So Merry Christmas to all from snowy, icy Indianapolis. 5-10" of snow, 1/4-1/2" of ice and winds of 40-50 MPH here tonight and tomorrow. And you couldn't scrub the smile off my face since I love the snow and I just love the outside Christmas lights as they blaze bright with the reflection!

Haven't had much time for geocaching lately, so much overtime at work is getting old. The extra $$ will come in handy this time of year though. Sure have had alot of fun throughout the year here on the forums, it's a great group of generous people.

Thank You

sleighline.gif

Including you two. :D Merry Christmas!!

I work Offshore on a drilling rig since 1979 ! And Christmas is a great time for me ! You never know if you will be home for Christmas or not ,just depends on your schedule ! Well Since 1979 I have been home for Christmas 1985,1991, 2001 and 2003 ! Not a great record is it ? But My family adjust and we have our Christmas either early or late ,But it is not the same ! This Year I will be Home !!!!!! I am so Happy , Yes this 47 year old oilfield mechanic still believes In Santa Clause As I always will !! It is in the heart !! Just open it !! Merry Christmas to each and every one of you and your family this Special holiday season ! And Cherish this day with your Loved ones as I always do !!

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow!

I am taking a break from shoveling. They say we got 12 inches and I believe it! I am house and dog sitting right now and since I couldn't get into the garage last night I had to go out and buy a shovel when I heard what we were in for. They say there is more on the way.

Don't get me wrong I LOVE the stuff!! This means we will have a white Christmas and that Santa's sleigh :D will have an easy time moving from house to house here!!!

Again Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow!

HO HO HO Merry Christmas everyone!!!!

Santa_Checking_his_list.jpg

Or, maybe he hasn't gone paperless yet! :D

Unfortunately, 8 or 9 is when most kids doubt the existence of the fat man in the red suit. My daughter ( Cinnabear) did when she was 8 but made sure that her younger brother Sam still believes...as for me, I'm 32 and I know whose job it is to brave the malls to find 'the gift' but the true spirit of Christmas is knowing that somewhere up at the North Pole is getting ready to put smiles on the faces of the children around the world who do still believe...do you want to take a chance with that? I don't! That's why I still believe....

I most certainly believe! To prove it, here is my Christmas tree. It is done in all Santa's. My mother and I decided to do all Santa trees several years ago. When she passed away I received all her Santa decorations. I even have a really old Santa ornament that my dad had on his mother's tree when he was growing up (which my mother put on her tree every year). All of the ornaments are all very special to me. One floor of my house is devoted to Santa's decorations. I have Santa's everywhere on that level (the main living level of the house). The other floor is devoted to snowmen.

anthus_xmas_tree.jpg

I have a tradition with the Christmas tree. Each year we get two new ornaments for the tree. So, I let my two daughters each pick out a new ornament every year. The only rule is that they must be Santa ornaments. Here are the ones they picked out this year.

Sara picked out this one

xmas_santa_sara.jpg

Katlyn picked out this one

xmas_santa_katlyn.jpg

Merry Christmas.....Anthus

Anyone else with me on this one? Any other believers out there? Or have I just been nipping a bit too much at the eggnog a little too soon? :D

Naomi... Believer at heart! :D

Merry Christmas to all and I still believe!!!

---

My funniest story was when the Tickle Me Elmo dolls came out, 1996. I asked Santa for one and miraculously he came through.

The funny part was when I was helping my sister with her carry-on bag just before Christmas, I was VERY startled to hear it laughing and feel it shaking after being knocked. I was always a smartie pants kid and I thought Santa just needed a little help with some toys that couldn't be made in the North Pole.

---

Welcome Santa's Caching Clauses! I hope you have a very busy season and I look forward to hearing all the Christmas Stories :D:D:D

I remember going carolling with the neighbors on Christmas eve a few times, we'd stop down at our friend's who were on in age and couldn't get out often! After that stop, we had an adult home just down from us, so we stopped in there and sang for them before heading into town to sing in front of the church as people gathered.

After this, we headed home for hot chocolate before laying out Santa's cookies and milk and going off to bed. I'll never forget just how impatient I would be to "get to sleep", but it always seemed I couldn't (anticipation). Santa would surely be mad if I didn't get to sleep so he could visit us, I wouldn't want to hold him up from his busy schedule!!

Morning would come and we'd race in to see what wonderful things Santa had brought us! Of course, we'd awaken very early (sometimes as early as 5am), so Mom and Dad would be sleeping away (how on earth could they sleep knowing SANTA had come???) and NO amount of noise brought them from their slumber (well, maybe long enough for one to lay down the law a bit). We'd just sit there smelling the turkey bake (if dinner was at our house ...but how did the bird always magically get baked???) and watching the lights on the tree! FINALLY, movement from the bedroom said the old people were getting up.....ohhhh, the fun times were ready to begin!!

Now, if Gramma and Granpa were coming over to our house, we'd have to wait for them before opening the presents, if not, we'd be opening those beautifully wrapped packages very quickly! Oh, the memories!!! Gramma and Granpa arrived with a harold and we were soon making huge messes of those beatiful packages! If we went to G&G's house, we unwrapped (read RIPPED them open) the packages and then got ready to head over the river and through the woods....