Why Are the Reviewers Giving Me a Hard Time About My Soul Cache?

My problem is that my local reviewer, Quiggle, continues to find bizarre excuses to allow her to refuse to publish the cache. She obviously has been drinking too much moonshine again, and she -- equally obviously -- has some kind of major vendetta against souls. And, to me, this indicates that geocaching.com and Quiggle hate souls and hate American values. Maybe they hate geocaching, too. This is very sad, is it not? :D:D

I guess you didn't get my email about keeping this out of the forums? :laughing::(

This pretty much confirms my suspicions that "fun regulation" is part of the reviewers oath. C'mon Quiggle...

Edited by Team GeoBlast

Regulating Vinny's forum posts requires an advanced skillset, including the ability to sniff out bull manure, a working understanding of the Communications Decency Act of 1996, and a proxy server to dodge his repeated DOS attacks against the moderators.

I wouldn't call it "fun." But it is important work, and brave folks like Quiggle and me are happy to do it as a public service. There's good money in it, too.

Regulating Vinny's forum posts requires an advanced skillset, including the ability to sniff out bull manure, a working understanding of the Communications Decency Act of 1996, and a proxy server to dodge his repeated DOS attacks against the moderators.

I wouldn't call it "fun." But it is important work, and brave folks like Quiggle and me are happy to do it as a public service. There's good money in it, too.

Oh you misunderstood me Keystone. The "fun" I referring to is in the observation of these things you mention. If Quiggle had her way, we'd be missing out on this.

Edited by Team GeoBlast

Keystone, you have gone TOTALLY over the line in this post... I am disappointed in you. You know darn well that I have launched fewer than 25 Denial of Service attacks on the Groundspeak and geocaching.com servers and on your personal email accounts since mid-2006, and I ONLY launched those few at times when I was having a REALLY REALLY REALLY bad day. So really... get a grip! As for the "...good money in it", there was only ONE civil judgment that you Quiggle and palmetto won, and it was for a paltry amount, less than a half-million dollars. So get real, get a grip, and get a life!

Sounds like a money making proposition, maybe you offer to cut the reviewer for a share. Or maybe a spare soul ?

He would only offer us a small portion, choosing instead to keep the majority of the money from selling the souls for himself. My rule of thumb is a cache is only commercial when you're keeping more than 60% of the profit from it. If it's less (ie you're sharing it with your reviewer), then it's easier for me to publish it and feel okay about it. Vinny didn't get that, so here we find ourselves in the forums with no real answer in sight. Seems like Vinny has lost the holiday spirit. :D

Sounds like a money making proposition, maybe you offer to cut the reviewer for a share. Or maybe a spare soul ?

He would only offer us a small portion, choosing instead to keep the majority of the money from selling the souls for himself. My rule of thumb is a cache is only commercial when you're keeping more than 60% of the profit from it. If it's less (ie you're sharing it with your reviewer), then it's easier for me to publish it and feel okay about it. Vinny didn't get that, so here we find ourselves in the forums with no real answer in sight. Seems like Vinny has lost the holiday spirit. :D

Sigh....! You and Keystone are VERY selfish and very shortsighted, and quite nasty to boot. However, in the interests of resolving the ever-escalating and now-incredible level of angst in this thread and concomitantly, in the interest of spreading peace and goodwill to all beings during the holidays, I will relent -- in the case of this cache only -- and will, within the next two hours, send the needful funds to you and to Keystone (with due cuts to mtn-man, Michael and Miss Jenn) via Paypal. Then, once the cache has been published, I will distribute commissions and royalties, if there was any income from the venture during the preceding 7 days, once per week on Thursday morning (Eastern US time)... Sheesh! ..talk about whiners! :D

BTW, the Satan Corporation, which is my business partner in this venture of harvesting souls, sends you their thanks for your cooperation, and, in light of the holiday season, they will try to scrape up a brushed platinum watch emblazoned with their corporate logo for each of you.

...Admin is not going to reject a cache out of spite; ...

Are you sure of that? Out here we have Multiple people that outright Refuse to publish caches placed by induviduals. Heck, they even sent out e-mails to those people Stating that they Will NOT publish caches from them.

Are you sure of that? Out here we have Multiple people that outright Refuse to publish caches placed by induviduals. Heck, they even sent out e-mails to those people Stating that they Will NOT publish caches from them.

I'd really really like to see the text of those emails. :D

Yes, I hear you, and I must fess up that I do that too. I regularly send emails to fellow geocachers stating firmly and clearly -- and explicitly -- that I outright REFUSE to publish their caches on geocaching.com. Of course, since I am not a reviewer* (see note 1) at geocaching.com, I never had any power/ability in the first place to publish their caches! :D:D:D:D

Note 1: I constantly beg Jeremy to allow me to be a reviewer, as I want the power, prestige, fancy cars and the fancy lifestyle attendant to being a reviewer, but he always says "NO". In fact, I think his words to me last time I asked were along the lines of "Vinny, if I had to choose between you and Hitler as a cacher reviewer, I am afraid that I would have to pick Hitler as even he would be better than you..."

sigh!

Edited by Vinny & Sue Team

I've had new caches rejected:

Too close to a government building.

Too close to another cache.

Too close to rail road tracks.

Created a Crazy mystery cache that even I could not solve.

I had a 9 stage multi that a couple stages had to be moved...what a pain because I had to remake the tags for the next stages and the online maps, then rewalk everything again to make sure it still worked (about 5 miles)...it is archived now.

The reviewer preferred the wording in the hints to be different than what I had...said I was not required to change it...but I changed it anyway to their suggestion, just to make more sense.

Sure, when my caches were rejected, I was in varying stages of pissed...but fixed them and they were eventually published.

I'm sure that when I go to publish a Cache...the review thinks "Oh No!!! Here's One From That Crazy Nut Again"...So I guess it goes both ways. They have to suffer through reviewing my warped idea of a cache and I have to suffer through making it comply.

None of my rejections were in spite...just errors on my part.

If you want to play...you have to obey.

Edited by Drooling_Mongoloid

I'd really really like to see the text of those emails. :D

Unfortinately, once I replyed to the message I deleted it. I pretty much assumed that I would never need it again. Would be nice if we could Nominate a cacher for the admin possition and then other Premium members could vote either Yea or Neih to the nomination...

The Steaks

...I had a 9 stage multi that a couple stages had to be moved...what a pain because I had to...

You think it was bad with that one... I had to move 9 of 29 parts of my Choose Your Own Adventure#2(GC10X8C). Of course, because those 9 points had changed, I had to actually visit each but 1 point. At each point, you will get 2 sets of coordinates to direct you to the next point... in which also has 2 points...etc. That is Truely Annoying!

Of course, the reasoning was that they were too close to waypoints of other caches in which was strange due to the fact that I had found over 90 percent of the caches in the area...

...None of my rejections were in spite...

A few of mine were.

It Sucks

Of course, the reasoning was that they were too close to waypoints of other caches in which was strange due to the fact that I had found over 90 percent of the caches in the area...

I guess I don't understand why having had found them matters. Isn't a .10 proximity the basic guideline?

I was wondering that myself. I thought perhaps I had read his post wrong at first.

:D

I guess I don't understand why having had found them matters. Isn't a .10 proximity the basic guideline?

I was wondering that myself. I thought perhaps I had read his post wrong at first.

Yeah... but having done most all the caches in the area I had simply forgotten about some of the 2nd or 3rd waypoints of other caches were too close to a waypoint of my cache. I think the funnyiest was one of the points was 510 feet from another waypoint, but needed to be 526 feet...

Yeah... but having done most all the caches in the area I had simply forgotten about some of the 2nd or 3rd waypoints of other caches were too close to a waypoint of my cache. I think the funnyiest was one of the points was 510 feet from another waypoint, but needed to be 526 feet...

Ah, I can see why it would be tricky to keep track of all the found and unfound waypoints.

I've never really dealt with that issue when placing a cache so I don't know if there might be some process in place to make it manageable.

K thanks.

Is that rejected out of spite or rejected out of experience at being burned by cache hiders that lie about certain things when submitting their caches? Or repeatedly submit caches that violate guidelines?

edit: stupid tags

Edited by robert
...I had a 9 stage multi that a couple stages had to be moved...what a pain because I had to...

You think it was bad with that one... I had to move 9 of 29 parts of my Choose Your Own Adventure#2(GC10X8C). Of course, because those 9 points had changed, I had to actually visit each but 1 point. At each point, you will get 2 sets of coordinates to direct you to the next point... in which also has 2 points...etc. That is Truely Annoying!

Yeah... but having done most all the caches in the area I had simply forgotten about some of the 2nd or 3rd waypoints of other caches were too close to a waypoint of my cache.

Doesn't sound like a problem with the reviewer(s) there... :D

Edited by robert

Yeah... but having done most all the caches in the area I had simply forgotten about some of the 2nd or 3rd waypoints of other caches were too close to a waypoint of my cache.

Doesn't sound like a problem with the reviewer(s) there... :D

That was Before they hated me... Of course, if my Wife (on the same SN) places a cache its always approved...

Is that rejected out of spite or rejected out of experience at being burned by cache hiders that lie about certain things when submitting their caches? Or repeatedly submit caches that violate guidelines?

Out of spite... I've never lied about anything (or purpousely excluded...) in reguards to placing a cache... Violating guidelines... nope.. accidental mistake here and there.. yah

Some people have lots of "accidents."

Let's make this thread about Vinny's accidents again, mmm Kay?

No further posting in this thread about beefs with reviewers who aren't involved with Vinny's latest nuclear nightmare or eBay scam.

Thanks.

Edited by Keystone

Robert, thank you so much for saying that! You took the words out of my mouth! I just got back online after a 7 hour power failure, and I had been planning on writing the EXACT same thing when I got back online, but you beat me to it! :rolleyes:

Some people have lots of "accidents."

Let's make this thread about Vinny's accidents again, mmm Kay?

No further posting in this thread about beefs with reviewers who aren't involved with Vinny's latest nuclear nightmare or eBay scam.

Thanks.

Thank you for getting this thread back on topic -- I am the ONLY one who is allowed to whine in this thread! This thread is MY pity party! :rolleyes:

IF only the evil reviewers Quiggle and Keystone did not HATE me! That is why they reject my out-of-the-box creative caches! sigh! :D

I'll be the last to say that I'm a fan of Quiggle, but at the same time, selling (or giving, in this case) my soul for YOUR benefit is not what I want to do. If I'm selling it to some moron who is willing to pay me money for it then I'd be willing. Until I see some profit I wouldn't sell my soul. And as long as there is no monetary profit to be gained from finding a cache, I don't see this cache being published.

As far as all the stuff about Americans standing up to the man and such, I agree that we should stand up for rights IF it makes sense. This cache idea doesn't make a whole lotta sense to me though. Especially if I don't recieve any monetary gain.

I'll be the last to say that I'm a fan of Quiggle, but at the same time, selling (or giving, in this case) my soul for YOUR benefit is not what I want to do. If I'm selling it to some moron who is willing to pay me money for it then I'd be willing. Until I see some profit I wouldn't sell my soul. And as long as there is no monetary profit to be gained from finding a cache, I don't see this cache being published.

As far as all the stuff about Americans standing up to the man and such, I agree that we should stand up for rights IF it makes sense. This cache idea doesn't make a whole lotta sense to me though. Especially if I don't recieve any monetary gain.

Good points, there. But... lets hope that most of the prospective seekers of my Soul cache do not think of them, now that I have sent the needful funds to Quiggle and Keystone via Paypal.

And, despite my initial enthusiasm, I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that this whole "sell a soul" thing has been vastly over-rated in American folklore and that it is largely a lot of bunk. Why? Well, at least two reasons, as follows:

• First, I have been tracking the prices at which souls have been selling on Ebay, and this includes tracking the auction/sale prices of some of the EBay soul offerings which I had cited in my original post. The sad fact is that most of these souls are selling for only five or ten dollars, or at most 15 dollars. Yes, it is true that the soul being sold by the "20 year old blonde girl from New Hampshire sellling her soul and..." is currently commanding a bid price of about $80, but that is ONLY because she is throwing in a lifelong friendship as well.
  • I had read on the Internet that one can sell a soul (whether it be your own or someone else's) to Satan for all kinds of nifty things, including such things as three days and three nights on the beach at Rio de Janiero with Mélissa Theuriau, the totally hot French TV news reporter. However, when I tried to actually cash in on such things, it did not work out well. I recently bought a soul on Ebay from a 23-year old female college student in New Jersey. After she had sent the soul to me, I met with the purchasing agent from Satan Corporation, and tried to offer the fresh soul to him in return for three days and nites on the beaches of Brazil with Mélissa Theuriau or Brazilian supermodel Adriana Francesca Lima or maybe both of them and a jenny donkey. The buyer had the gall to laugh at me! He then showed me the soul's maintenance record, and it turned out that the soul was quite tarnished (well, as my wife says, what did I expect when paying 8 dollars for a soul on EBay?) and that thus the Satan Corporation could offer me only $32 for the soul, and certainly no time at all chilling on the beach with Mélissa Theuriau or Adriana Francesca Lima. Like, how depressing is that? I am like totally bummed out!
  • Some of the souls for sale on EBay really seem to have bad karma, and this is like totally depressing. One offering currently on EBay, apparently from a woman in Great Britian, reads: "Short, fat, ugly, cranky and nasty middle-aged dumb woman selling her soul...". Like, barf out! Gag me!

So, bottom line in corporate-speak is that I am strategically reviewing my business plan and reworking my action plan and reassessing my options.

Good points, there. But... lets hope that most of the prospective seekers of my Soul cache do not think of them, now that I have sent the needful funds to Quiggle and Keystone via Paypal.

And, despite my initial enthusiasm, I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that this whole "sell a soul" thing has been vastly over-rated in American folklore and that it is largely a lot of bunk. Why? Well, at least two reasons, as follows:

• First, I have been tracking the prices at which souls have been selling on Ebay, and this includes tracking the auction/sale prices of some of the EBay soul offerings which I had cited in my original post. The sad fact is that most of these souls are selling for only five or ten dollars, or at most 15 dollars. Yes, it is true that the soul being sold by the "20 year old blonde girl from New Hampshire sellling her soul and..." is currently commanding a bid price of about $80, but that is ONLY because she is throwing in a lifelong friendship as well.
  • I had read on the Internet that one can sell a soul (whether it be your own or someone else's) to Satan for all kinds of nifty things, including such things as three days and three nights on the beach at Rio de Janiero with Mélissa Theuriau, the totally hot French TV news reporter. However, when I tried to actually cash in on such things, it did not work out well. I recently bought a soul on Ebay from a 23-year old female college student in New Jersey. After she had sent the soul to me, I met with the purchasing agent from Satan Corporation, and tried to offer the fresh soul to him in return for three days and nites on the beaches of Brazil with Mélissa Theuriau or Brazilian supermodel Adriana Francesca Lima or maybe both of them and a jenny donkey. The buyer had the gall to laugh at me! He then showed me the soul's maintenance record, and it turned out that the soul was quite tarnished (well, as my wife says, what did I expect when paying 8 dollars for a soul on EBay?) and that thus the Satan Corporation could offer me only $32 for the soul, and certainly no time at all chilling on the beach with Mélissa Theuriau or Adriana Francesca Lima. Like, how depressing is that? I am like totally bummed out!
  • Some of the souls for sale on EBay really seem to have bad karma, and this is like totally depressing. One offering currently on EBay, apparently from a woman in Great Britian, reads: "Short, fat, ugly, cranky and nasty middle-aged dumb woman selling her soul...". Like, barf out! Gag me!

So, bottom line in corporate-speak is that I am strategically reviewing my business plan and reworking my action plan and reassessing my options.

Aside from a number of other reasons why this cache won't be published, I will point out that when you mention the phrase "business plan" in conjunction with placing a cache, it will most likely never be published.

Aside from a number of other reasons why this cache won't be published, I will point out that when you mention the phrase "business plan" in conjunction with placing a cache, it will most likely never be published.

Normally, I would agree with you entirely. However, in this case, you are forgetting the power of sizeable quantities of funds in needful amounts sent via Paypal to Quiggle, Keystone, mtn-man and Miss Jenn. Quiggle and Keystone have already agreed to publish this cache in return for my sending the needful amounts. So.. time for you to reassess your paradigms.... :D:D:rolleyes:

I'm quite afraid for that young blonde who says she's doing it as a joke. Doesn't she know there are a lot of crazies out there on the internet. Er... ah ...not implying present company.

Edited by Luckless

Normally, I would agree with you entirely. However, in this case, you are forgetting the power of sizeable quantities of funds in needful amounts sent via Paypal to Quiggle, Keystone, mtn-man and Miss Jenn. Quiggle and Keystone have already agreed to publish this cache in return for my sending the needful amounts. So.. time for you to reassess your paradigms.... :D:D:rolleyes:

I can't imagine this cache will get even close to published. I would love to hear the outcome of the funds you sent via paypal, but it sounds like you are trying to pay off reviewers to get your cache published and right now I just don't see that happening either. Paying to publish a cache is not what I have seen as "within the guidelines". If you succeed, I would be happy to know how you accomplished the feat.......down to the dollar.

First off, after reading the above post, it seems to me that the soul you bought on Ebay was mistakenly represented as being from New Jersey. It appears to be from Southern California. This could be an honest mistake, as the owner of the soul herself could have originated in CA, and been transplanted to NJ later in life. Of course, the soul in question has been identified as having been tarnished, so there is no gurantee as to the authenticity of the origination of said soul. In any case, the recepticle of the soul seems to be leaking, as you are sounding like a Vally Girl at the end of your post. Find something with a good seal (an ammo can should work nicely :D ) and get it in there quickly, before you start exhibiting other symptoms, such as wanting to go to the mall on an abnormally high frequency, and rolling your eyes excessively. Like, seriously dude... it can happen fer shur! :rolleyes:

Now, as to the cache... what gurantees can you give that the soul won't be muggled from the cache? It's bad enough losing a travel bug in this manner, let alone one's soul... 8 hours is a long time span.

Edited by team moxiepup

First off, after reading the above post, it seems to me that the soul you bought on Ebay was mistakenly represented as being from New Jersey. It appears to be from Southern California. This could be an honest mistake, as the owner of the soul herself could have originated in CA, and been transplanted to NJ later in life. Of course, the soul in question has been identified as having been tarnished, so there is no gurantee as to the authenticity of the origination of said soul. In any case, the recepticle of the soul seems to be leaking, as you are sounding like a Vally Girl at the end of your post. Find something with a good seal (an ammo can should work nicely :D ) and get it in there quickly, before you start exhibiting other symptoms, such as wanting to go to the mall on an abnormally high frequency, and rolling your eyes excessively. Like, seriously dude... it can happen fer shur! :rolleyes:

Now, as to the cache... what gurantees can you give that the soul won't be muggled from the cache? It's bad enough losing a travel bug in this manner, let alone one's soul... 8 hours is a long time span.

Y'know, like, its funny, but, like, really, you like, really hit the nail on the head, you know? The Jersey girl (her name was Bonnie and she was like sooo TOTALLY cute....) told me when we talked on the fone after I won her soul on EBay that she like had grown up in Southern California, in the San Fernando Valley outside of LA. Like how funny is that? And, like, it isss funny, but I notice that my online writing style has, like, you know, changed, ever since I her soul arrived here. I kept the mayonnaise jar containing her soul on the night table near my bed for two days until I could meet the buyer from the Satan Corporation, and like, every since then, like, ever since sleeping near her soul, well, you know, like, my writing style has changed...! Barf out!

Edited by Vinny & Sue Team

It seems like there is a signifigant containment issue with the containers being used. I can see where this could be a problem, especially given that there appears to be a low turn around rate with Satan. It could be forseen that souls could pile up. It's a well known fact that geocachers cover a wide selection of personality types. Republicans, Democrats, Right wing, Left wing, Celibate, Slutty, Laid Back, Anal, Introverts, Extroverts, Bored, Easily Amused, Religious, Atheists, etc.. etc...

Unless some sort of proper containment system is set up, you could be headed for serious trouble. You could have any assortment of souls in your possesion at any given time, all with conflicting personality types. Your mind will be spinning around faster than Sibyl on a merry-go-round! :D

Perhaps consideration for your own well being is why the mods are refusing to publish this cache. :rolleyes:

Edited by team moxiepup

Since you do not plan on actually "paying" for cachers' souls, wouldn't it be more of a Soul Donation cache and less of a Sell Your Soul cache? Even giving a smiley seems a bit more like trading than selling. But if it were a donation cache, I believe that would place it under a "cache with an agenda" as the only charity Groundspeak validates is the CITO effort (and Diabetes TBs). However, if you would like to have a Soul CITO event in which you were to clean up people's recently discarded and trashed souls, it seems it would be acceptable. You would most likely get a large turnout (unless it was alongside a freeway.....just can't take the kiddos to those). Although maybe you should change the title to CISO (cache in, soul out).

and even less if it turns out that the person was a murderer or a resident of West Virginia.

Just for that...

If the cache gets published, I'm gathering all my West Virginia kin who are ALSO murderers to fill up the jars. You ain't going to get 2 cents for each one.

Then, we're buying one of them Chia Souls, regrowing them, and coming back to keep the jars full.

... That one is much more dangerous than the Radioactive Isotope one you submitted, but I guess you forgot that part....

I had one of those planned, even got my Geiger Counter off Ebay. Alas, it turns out that years of stockpling and concentrating phospate slag by local companies has increased the radio activity of the area to where it's not so easy finding a strong enough and legal isotope to compete with the slag piles and make the cache work.

Vinny was lucky.

SOUL CACHE

(sung to the tune of Soul Train)

Bronx vision, cache illegal cache demolition. Saturated savvy pins and GPS satellite collisions.

New coordinates wave at you with the frozen batteries melting on a desert rock,

Nudecacher’s on the trail, cut him in the logbook while I marinate mars on the scotch rocks.

People all over the world (hop on the soul cache find)

Hop on it (clap) clap your hands

Just clap your hands and clap your hands and get down

(Love) Love (Peace) Peace (Soul) Soul (Soul) Soul.

People all over the world … clap your hands and get down. Soul Cache.

Yea we cache pimp. Drag them on the trail. But we still don’t monkey around with the get down.

Y’all got to understand we are talking about Magellans. Garmins say it with the waypoint name.

We snatching souls from Geocaching dot com. Kumbaya my Lo’.

Stagger up the trail we going to walk. Snatch up the cache I kiss the clean side.

Before I kiss you whip the Reviewer’s hide. Mama, I don’t want to hurt ‘um but daddy it’s like

I Just went off, want to hit the caching trail. Get your coordinates now all log the find.

Is this the new direction of Groundspeak?

Oh my yes. Our future is obviously world domination through subversive religion masquerading as science. That is, once I get the geocaching attributes done and some other high-priority items.

This is all well and good, but you have to note that the post is dated 11/2004. so, inquiring minds want to know: what progress has been made on this worldwide domination endeavor since then?

I fear I shall not be able to complete your cache since a little incident sometime last week. I met a nice chap with a really bad sunburn and ever since I have been unable to see myself in the mirror, next door's cat goes crazy whenever I go near it and the automatic door at the supermarket refuses to open for me. My insurance refuses to pay out for my loss, even though only acts of god are mentioned, and no mention is made of acts of Lucifer. I do not see why I should be excluded from finding your cache, maybe a substitute could be found. The blood of an innocent perhaps?

You are in luck! We anticipated that some folks might encounter the problem which you have so succintly described, and the ALR requirements on the cache listing page make quite clear that if you do not have a soul to sell, you may instead leave the heart (freshly removed) and soul of an innocent. I wish you the best in your quest to log your find as soon as the cache is published!

Could you please define innocent?

My problem is that my local reviewer, Quiggle, continues to find bizarre excuses to allow her to refuse to publish the cache. .... And, to me, this indicates that geocaching.com and Quiggle hate souls and hate American values. Maybe they hate geocaching, too....

I had to deal with a customer recently who was so far out in left field I thought he had gone to the next ballpark over.

Then I read the post above. That post makes my customer seem like a reasonable, well-adjusted individual.

Thank goodness for good reviewers. Sounds like Quiggle has the "common sense" market cornered in your relationship with your reviewer.