Why Are the Reviewers Giving Me a Hard Time About My Soul Cache?

I fear I shall not be able to complete your cache since a little incident sometime last week. I met a nice chap with a really bad sunburn and ever since I have been unable to see myself in the mirror, next door's cat goes crazy whenever I go near it and the automatic door at the supermarket refuses to open for me. My insurance refuses to pay out for my loss, even though only acts of god are mentioned, and no mention is made of acts of Lucifer. I do not see why I should be excluded from finding your cache, maybe a substitute could be found. The blood of an innocent perhaps?

You are in luck! We anticipated that some folks might encounter the problem which you have so succintly described, and the ALR requirements on the cache listing page make quite clear that if you do not have a soul to sell, you may instead leave the heart (freshly removed) and soul of an innocent. I wish you the best in your quest to log your find as soon as the cache is published!

Could you please define innocent?

Yes, as you have already indicated via a PM that you are willing and able to be one of the pre-publication finders. Here goes:

An innocent is anyone who says "no" or tries to run when you approach them and tell them that you need to cut their heart out in order to earn a smiley for finding a "trade a soul" ALR geocache. On the other hand, if they readily give their assent, or if they volunteer to help you go out and find two innocents so that they can log a find as well, then they are not an innocent. Simple... :lol:

Sounds like a money making proposition, maybe you offer to cut the reviewer for a share. Or maybe a spare soul ?

He would only offer us a small portion, choosing instead to keep the majority of the money from selling the souls for himself. My rule of thumb is a cache is only commercial when you're keeping more than 60% of the profit from it. If it's less (ie you're sharing it with your reviewer), then it's easier for me to publish it and feel okay about it. Vinny didn't get that, so here we find ourselves in the forums with no real answer in sight. Seems like Vinny has lost the holiday spirit. :lol:

In my opinion you shouldn't be able to make any money from caching... thats not what this sport is about.

Come on. Plain and simple, folks. It is against the guidelines.

"Caches that Solicit

Solicitations are off-limits. For example, caches perceived to be posted for religious, political, charitable or social agendas are not permitted. Geocaching is supposed to be a light, fun activity, not a gateway to hell."

"Caches that Solicit

Solicitations are off-limits. For example, caches perceived to be posted for religious, political, charitable or social agendas are not permitted. Geocaching is supposed to be a light, fun activity, not a gateway to hell."

Amen to that... and if someone is so superficial that they can be bribed into posting a cache then I don't think they should be a reviewer.

I fear I shall not be able to complete your cache since a little incident sometime last week. I met a nice chap with a really bad sunburn and ever since I have been unable to see myself in the mirror, next door's cat goes crazy whenever I go near it and the automatic door at the supermarket refuses to open for me. My insurance refuses to pay out for my loss, even though only acts of god are mentioned, and no mention is made of acts of Lucifer. I do not see why I should be excluded from finding your cache, maybe a substitute could be found. The blood of an innocent perhaps?

You are in luck! We anticipated that some folks might encounter the problem which you have so succintly described, and the ALR requirements on the cache listing page make quite clear that if you do not have a soul to sell, you may instead leave the heart (freshly removed) and soul of an innocent. I wish you the best in your quest to log your find as soon as the cache is published!

Yes, as you have already indicated via a PM that you are willing and able to be one of the pre-publication finders. Here goes:

An innocent is anyone who says "no" or tries to run when you approach them and tell them that you need to cut their heart out in order to earn a smiley for finding a "trade a soul" ALR geocache. On the other hand, if they readily give their assent, or if they volunteer to help you go out and find two innocents so that they can log a find as well, then they are not an innocent. Simple... :lol:

That is a pretty loose definition. Thanks.

However to clarify, if they are geocachers do they still qualify as innocent? What if they've logged virtuals?

Or event caches?

"Caches that Solicit

Amen to that... and if someone is so superficial that they can be bribed into posting a cache then I don't think they should be a reviewer.

You mean that Quiggle and Keystone are gonna have to send back to me the $250 apiece that I sent to them via Paypal? ...well ...good! More money for me to spend on holiday presents! :huh::anibad::lol:

That is a pretty loose definition. Thanks.

However to clarify, if they are geocachers do they still qualify as innocent? What if they've logged virtuals?

Or event caches?

Well, duh... You did not really need to ask that question... You ALREADY KNOW in your heart that any geocacher who has ever done any of the following is NOT an innocent, and golly gee gosh, stop pretending that you are so clueless! For the record, here is the list of Not-An-Innocent behaviors -- any geocacher who has done any of the following is NOT an innocent:

• claimed more than one "attended" smiley find on an event to reflect finds of pocket caches or event caches
  • placed a lame urban micro
  • traded down for swag or taken swag and left nothing
  • left a broken McToy, a rusty leaky battery or a moldy cheeseburger or packet of french fries in a cache
  • sold Chemical X to Signal the Frog
  • refused to publish any of my creative out-of-the-box, beyond-the-cutting-edge caches
  • assigned the wrong Terrain rating to a cache

Is this the new direction of Groundspeak?

Oh my yes. Our future is obviously world domination through subversive religion masquerading as science. That is, once I get the geocaching attributes done and some other high-priority items.

This is all well and good, but you have to note that the post is dated 11/2004. so, inquiring minds want to know: what progress has been made on this worldwide domination endeavor since then?

Well, the Waymarking.com website was launched in 2005 in an effort to tighten Jeremy's hands on the reins of world domination.

He is still "workin' on it."

"Caches that Solicit

Think of it not so much as a "bribe" but as a "processing fee" and you can be at peace with yourself.

Especially if you've already sold your soul.

"Caches that Solicit

Think of it not so much as a "bribe" but as a "processing fee" and you can be at peace with yourself.

Especially if you've already sold your soul.

Exactly! This is exactly how I look at the whole matter! The fee simply helps the reviewer to focus more clearly and coherently upon the task of reviewing and publishing the cache in question.

Sounds like a money making proposition, maybe you offer to cut the reviewer for a share. Or maybe a spare soul ?

He would only offer us a small portion, choosing instead to keep the majority of the money from selling the souls for himself. My rule of thumb is a cache is only commercial when you're keeping more than 60% of the profit from it. If it's less (ie you're sharing it with your reviewer), then it's easier for me to publish it and feel okay about it. Vinny didn't get that, so here we find ourselves in the forums with no real answer in sight. Seems like Vinny has lost the holiday spirit. :)

Hey,

First...Great Thread!!!

Second...

Quiggle, if you publish the cache...wouldn't that solve the "missing holiday spirit??? :)B):)

Later,

ArcherDragoon

Second...

Quiggle, if you publish the cache...wouldn't that solve the "missing holiday spirit??? :):):)

Around my place, there's plenty of holiday spirits around (if you like moonshine, that is). I usually get a good swig before opening up one of Vinny's caches for review. My husband always knows when Vinny has been busy hiding, he can see the bottom of the jug.

Edited by Quiggle
Second...

Quiggle, if you publish the cache...wouldn't that solve the "missing holiday spirit??? :):):)

Around my place, there's plenty of holiday spirits around (if you like moonshine, that is). I usually get a good swig before opening up one of Vinny's caches for review. My husband always knows when Vinny has been busy hiding, he can see the bottom of the jug.

If...ha...

I guess I know where I need to move...that is my kind of holiday!!!

Second...

Quiggle, from what I know of you, you are the most cranky, curmudgeonly and evil gun-toting felonious 83-year old grandmother whom I have ever encountered, and, from what I hear, you have already buried three husbands and you are so cotton-pickin' evil that if you DID manage to find another, that is a miracle in itself. However, I am glad to hear that your backyard still up on the ridge is still producing moonshine for you; at least that keeps you out of town and out of trouble!

Second...

Quiggle, from what I know of you, you are the most cranky, curmudgeonly and evil gun-toting felonious 83-year old grandmother whom I have ever encountered, and, from what I hear, you have already buried three husbands and you are so cotton-pickin' evil that if you DID manage to find another, that is a miracle in itself. However, I am glad to hear that your backyard still up on the ridge is still producing moonshine for you; at least that keeps you out of town and out of trouble!

What you say about Quiggle may be true, but you must admit that she has nice jugs. Especially for an 83-year old... probably the oldest moonshine enthusiast I've had the pleasure of meeting!

The police county taking away my drivers license keeps me out of town. :)

Second...

What you say about Quiggle may be true, but you must admit that she has nice jugs. Especially for an 83-year old... probably the oldest moonshine enthusiast I've had the pleasure of meeting!

Yes, this is true, and I will go so far as to say that her moonshine is very good (a least since she got rid of the fusel oils and the high levels of methyl alcohol after that accidental poisoning incident in 2003; still can't believe that the coroner ruled that those three deaths were not her fault), and, as for the jugs, well, she packs some great sweater puppies!

I'm still amazed that Vinny was the sole survivor of the 2003 "bad batch of shine" episode. Sometimes when reading Vinny's ranting e-mails and forum posts, it's easy to forget about his condition and to become angry. On other days, especially right after his cognitive therapy treatments, the brain damage is barely detectable.

Second...

Quiggle, if you publish the cache...wouldn't that solve the "missing holiday spirit??? :blink::P:huh:

Yes, this is true, and I will go so far as to say that her moonshine is very good (a least since she got rid of the fusel oils and the high levels of methyl alcohol after that accidental poisoning incident in 2003; still can't believe that the coroner ruled that those three deaths were not her fault), and, as for the jugs, well, she packs some great sweater puppies!

New favorite term! :ph34r:

edited to add...

Release the Hounds! :huh:<_<:P

Edited by team moxiepup

I'm still amazed that Vinny was the sole survivor of the 2003 "bad batch of shine" episode. Sometimes when reading Vinny's ranting e-mails and forum posts, it's easy to forget about his condition and to become angry. On other days, especially right after his cognitive therapy treatments, the brain damage is barely detectable.

Keystone, thank you for those kind words and thank you for understanding! I had to undergo years of rehab and remediative work after that accidental wood alcohol/fusel oil poisoning, and, as you know, I must still meet on a daily basis with that team of 17 top-notch psychiatrists and clinical psychologists in order to manage some of the interpersonal and social/lifestyle challenges, and I am still not allowed to go into town alone, specially after those incidents and arrests in 2005, but overall, I am doing well and am enjoying life. And, I have long ago forgiven Quiggle for having brought the contaminated moonshine to the geocaching event; as the judge said, Quiggle is rather highly dysfunctional and she is also definitely a few ferrets short of a pet shop.

Second...

Quiggle, if you publish the cache...wouldn't that solve the "missing holiday spirit??? <_<:P:blink:

lol, that quotes going in my sig. :huh:

"Found the cache. The soul inside was wet, so I replaced it with a new one."

There's my problem with this cache. Sooner or later, some water is going to find its way in and the souls are going to get moldy. There is nothing worse than a moldy soul.

You're wrong, there is something worse - what if the cache gets muggled? Just think of all those lost souls...

I still cannot believe that Quiggle got away with bringing a batch of bad moonshine to the geo event! :(

[private; OKId=Keystone, Quiggle]

Hi Keystone and Quiggle:

The following is a private note which only you two will be able to see, as I have employed the PRIVATE code, and thus the rest of the forum visitors will only be able to see my one-line note above.

This is just a quick update about an unexpected windfall that I have chosen to share with you. As you know, I already paid each of you your weekly commission for the Soul Cache on Sunday, but on Monday morning (the 17th), something weird happened. When I met with the buyer from Satan Corporation on Dec. 17, she was very impressed with one of the souls from a pre-publication finder of the cache, calling the soul that of a "true innocent" (it was a soul from a lawyer; she said it was the first innocent soul from an attorney that she had ever seen), and paid me three times the normal rate (normally in the $3k range) for the soul. So, that means that each of you get $666 from the transaction, and since it is the holiday season, I decided to disburse the funds to you immediately. Thus, on Dec. 17, I sent each of you $666 via Paypal. I assume that you have each received the funds by now, and I have inserted below an image of the Paypal email receipt sent to me for the payment which I sent to Quiggle. Enjoy!

62a392cb-d423-4e3c-a06c-b979190a4c7d.jpg

Have a nice holiday, and I much appreciate this arrangement! Thanks!

[/private]

Ok here is the scenero Your full legal name gets in the hands of the wrong person and they go on the net and BAM your identity has been stolen. Maybe this is why they won't approve. Even with all your safe guards there is always that one person that messes it up for everyone else.
Let's not get too paranoid. Just knowing someone's name can not by itself lead to identity theft. If it could then we would not have phone books, many of which are known to publish lists of full legal names, with addresses too. :(

Hey, Vinny. In the OP you forgot the last line:

"Please forward this to everyone you know."

Thank you for the reminder. I had meant to do that

Folks, please forward my first post in this thread to everyone whom you know, and also post it on local geo forums as well, and also on any other forums or list groups to which you belong, even if they are not about geocaching. This is a VERY important issue, and it is time to mobilize the world to stand up to the evil reviewers and fix this problem!

Maybe you could relax the rules a bit to get it published. Instead of requiring a soul, someone could leave their sense of humor. That way even those who already sold thier soul could play. And some people (who have posted in this thread) could use a sense of humor.

Or you can make it a cache with a cause. Make it an organ hotel. People could leave a liver or lower intestine. Just don't make the rules too strict or you could end up with a log entry like this; "I wanted to take the lung but the cache was at the 3 organ minimum and I didn't bring any organs to trade."

Maybe you could relax the rules a bit to get it published. Instead of requiring a soul, someone could leave their sense of humor. That way even those who already sold thier soul could play. And some people (who have posted in this thread) could use a sense of humor.

Or you can make it a cache with a cause. Make it an organ hotel. People could leave a liver or lower intestine. Just don't make the rules too strict or you could end up with a log entry like this; "I wanted to take the lung but the cache was at the 3 organ minimum and I didn't bring any organs to trade."

First, thanks for bumping this thread. It badly needed bumping, as it is easily the most important thread ever posted in the history of this forum!

Next, I am soooo peeved that you have also stumbled upon my idea for a organ-donor hotel cache for transplantable organs. I created such a cache over two months ago, where folks can leave a fresh and transplantable organ, packed in freezer chill packs in a cooler, at a cache in return for a smiley. Unfortunately, the local reviewers are giving me a very hard time about this cache. In fact, I plan to start an entire thread right after Christmas devoted to illustrating how badly the reviewers are picking on me by refusing to publish this organ hotel cache.

I am soooo peeved that you have also stumbled upon my idea for a organ-donor hotel cache for transplantable organs. I created such a cache over two months ago, where folks can leave a fresh and transplantable organ, packed in freezer chill packs in a cooler, at a cache in return for a smiley. Unfortunately, the local reviewers are giving me a very hard time about this cache. In fact, I plan to start an entire thread right after Christmas devoted to illustrating how badly the reviewers are picking on me by refusing to publish this organ hotel cache.

Well, here is another great idea! I saw this and started designing my own "Leave a DNA Sample" cache.

What do ya think?!

;)

First, thanks for bumping this thread. It badly needed bumping, as it is easily the most important thread ever posted in the history of this forum!

Next, I am soooo peeved that you have also stumbled upon my idea for a organ-donor hotel cache for transplantable organs. I created such a cache over two months ago, where folks can leave a fresh and transplantable organ, packed in freezer chill packs in a cooler, at a cache in return for a smiley. Unfortunately, the local reviewers are giving me a very hard time about this cache. In fact, I plan to start an entire thread right after Christmas devoted to illustrating how badly the reviewers are picking on me by refusing to publish this organ hotel cache.

No problem for the bump. I figure I have gained enough entertainment from this thread, it was time to give back. The word is spreading. I actually found out about this thread and came here via a link on someones geocaching blog!

I agree this is the most important thread and will do my best to carry the message to the thousands nay millions who stand to benefit from it's significance.

As far as the organ donor hotel cache, I am willing to relinqish all rights to said cache under one modest condition. If my soul ends up in the soul for a smiley cache, you must insure it's safe passage into the afterworld. You could be the Davy Jones of geocaching souls. Just try to not let all that stuff grow on your face. I don't know where my soul is, (I didn't sell it) but if it is found and ends up in the cache, I would like to know you will do the right thing. I also seem to have misplaced my morales. So if they end up there somehow could you please seal them up and ensure they never see the light of day. Life has been great without them.

No problem for the bump. I figure I have gained enough entertainment from this thread, it was time to give back. The word is spreading. I actually found out about this thread and came here via a link on someones geocaching blog!

I agree this is the most important thread and will do my best to carry the message to the thousands nay millions who stand to benefit from it's significance.

As far as the organ donor hotel cache, I am willing to relinqish all rights to said cache under one modest condition. If my soul ends up in the soul for a smiley cache, you must insure it's safe passage into the afterworld. You could be the Davy Jones of geocaching souls. Just try to not let all that stuff grow on your face. I don't know where my soul is, (I didn't sell it) but if it is found and ends up in the cache, I would like to know you will do the right thing. I also seem to have misplaced my morales. So if they end up there somehow could you please seal them up and ensure they never see the light of day. Life has been great without them.

Yes, fine on all, and thank you again for the bump. And, you are not alone in your high esteem and regard for this thread: I have just received phone calls from four major TV networks, from two major TV talk show hosts and from five major religious leaders advising me that they too feel that this is indeed the most important thread in the history of the Groundspeak forums and in the history of the human race.

As for your request regarding your soul, please consider it done. I have an excellent reputation for handling souls, and, in fact, both the Satan Corporation and God Corporation have sent letters in support of my proposed soul cache to the reviewers, attesting to the fact that I have a great reputation for handling souls. So, your soul is in safe hands, and all is well.

In closing, thank you for doing the needful. This thread, along with the issue of the soul cache, is of massive and historical (and hysterical) importance to the future of geocaching, the future of humankind, and the future of the entire universe.

Thank you. :yikes:

I think that in order to make your Soul Cache & Organ Donor Hotel Caches truly accessible to the masses, you might want to consider implementing the capability that they can be franchised. Soul Cache - CA, Soul Cache - TX, etc. We hardly ever get back East, so the chances of utilizing your fine caches would be out of our reach! PS - Glad to see that the "Valley Girl" soul's influences have, like totally, worn off!

I think that in order to make your Soul Cache & Organ Donor Hotel Caches truly accessible to the masses, you might want to consider implementing the capability that they can be franchised. Soul Cache - CA, Soul Cache - TX, etc. We hardly ever get back East, so the chances of utilizing your fine caches would be out of our reach! PS - Glad to see that the "Valley Girl" soul's influences have, like totally, worn off!

Thank you for your excellent suggestion, and I have added notes in that regard to the cache listing page.

Incidentally, over the past few days, the Pope of the Roman Catholic church has issued a new decree declaring war on Satan in the modern world -- one of many media articles on the topic may be found here -- and his close advisers in the Holy See in the Vatican tell me that my recent proposal for the soul cache played a big role in his deciding to issue the proclamation at this time. However, this recent declaration raises the stakes, as it puts lots of pressure on the Satan Corporation, which had been my primary customer for souls harvested from the cache. I am now looking at the prospect of the price-per-soul (aka PPS) rising perhaps fourfold! I will be rich! :sad:

Because it is the most rediculous cache idea I have ever heard of, and I was criticising skirt lifters earlier. I know you don't force people to find your cache, but many people are offended by the simple action of making a "soal" a materialistic and capitalistic thing. I have no right to place judgement on another person and their actions, but seriously, there are much better things people can do with their time.

Because it is the most rediculous cache idea I have ever heard of, and I was criticising skirt lifters earlier. I know you don't force people to find your cache, but many people are offended by the simple action of making a "soal" a materialistic and capitalistic thing. I have no right to place judgement on another person and their actions, but seriously, there are much better things people can do with their time.

Wow, here's someone who could benefit from Hick@Heart's idea:

Wow, here's someone who could benefit from Hick@Heart's idea:

Well, much as I agree with hydnsek and Hick@Heart, I am gonna resist the temptation to jump into the current controversy. Instead, I simply offer my gratitude that this thread has been bumped back to the top, because it is clear to me and to God that this is the most important thread in the history of this forum and in the history of Groundspeak. And, I hate to use cuss words in a family forum, but, gosh, anyone who doesn't like my soul cache is a communist and a pusillanimous polecat and a neurasthenic hooligan as well!