GeoGuitar 2008

Landsharkz

Still interested in these beauties! Any news yet on when you'll start taking orders/colors? I'm being patient....really....I am.....I promise....its just that my fingers are itching to play this fine guitar and I have no control over them.....i'm trying.....really.... I am. (hehehe) ;) I'm still calling dibs on the yellow (glitter if possible) and black!!! That'll rock for sure! :(

We tried to not work over Christmas and New Years, except we kept coins that were in the works moving along...

Right now we're working behind the scenes to make the GeoGuitar orders go smoothly...

Chris is designing a page for folks to order and we need to finally upload our swatches so folks don't have to go to our esteemed competitor's sites to see what glitter and metal finishes look like :D

Generally do folks have access to PMS colours (swatches or online) so you can pick your own or do you want us to give you a few choices? People have commented that they're waiting to see the 'choices' but we weren't going to limit it that much. We'd initially thought that folks could decide their own colours and there would be pricing for imitation hard enamel guitars or glitter guitars.

BTW, I need to get the 2008 pricing from the mint because it's changed :( . That's a pretty important point for everyone and I'll have firm pricing for you as soon as we are ready to take names and colours.

Also I had managed to negotiate around the sample charge for about 6 months but now we're being hit with it too so we'd like to save everyone some money and avoid making samples of everyone's guitars. I expect that we'll sample 6 guitars with certain technical specifications to check and go from there. We'll do up design pages like we did for the Team Geocache Hockey Jersey verifications and if you like the look of the colours you chose - Great!, if you're not thrilled then we can make suggestions of ones that would work better. Of course if we think what you've chosen won't work well then we'll let you know. At the end of the day though, it's your guitar and you have the final say. We don't want to be doing edit after edit though ;)

Stay tuned for further updates - right here at GeoGuitar central!

Helen

yes, there will be a micro pick.... :D

Thanks for the update Helen! woowhooooo a micro pick too!!!! That's awesome! As for color choices....how big of a difference does it make if you have 50 people wanting 50 different colors or 50 people wanting 1 of 10 pre defined colors? If it isn't that big of a deal...let everyone pick their own color and then you give suggestions if you don't think it will turn out ok. If it adds to the confusion ... give us a few color choices and go from there.

I'll sit on my hands and make them behave / be patient until you are ready to give us another update! Thanks for working on it!!

The order page will be up shortly... we have decided to get the die art completed before we post the order page because we want to make sure that the mint can paint the coin the way it's designed. There are some areas that are small that we would like paint filled and we'll find out when the die art is completed how much detail the mint is able to maintain.

The coin will be 83mm long (3.25"), Thickness 3-4mm. Pricing will depend on how many are ordered... the minimum is 20 coins.

Pricing: if the total group order is 1000 GeoGuitars or more, they'll be $7.50 each; if there are less than 1000 in total, the price will be $8.00 each. This is an averaging of all the finishes, metals, etc. so we don't have to have separate pricing for glitter, IHE, etc.

We will offer shipping from the US and Canada and we may also have a UK distribution site for European orders - that's still in the discussion stages. Shipping is additional and we will charge this individually on top of the coin price because it's totally dependent on how many coins you order and how far they have to go.

Uff-dah. Can not make the wallet open that wide during these winter months. Plus I guess I did not

realize that the quantities would be that many. That is more coins than I have in my collecton now. If a

person buys that many,obviously for trade, possibly release, then might as well add on another 1-3$

per coin for shipping if your are planning on trading the other 19. Adds up to quick for me.

Awesome looking coin though, I just can't. Sorry! :laughing:

We're probably 5-6 weeks away from authorizing final production and we'll invoice within the week prior to putting the final order in to the mint. Because these are being personalized with your name and chosen colours you will need to complete payment before the order goes in.

Step 1 - We get die art that we're happy with

Step 2 - You personalize your guitar on our order page

Step 3 - We create your coin in Illustrator and post a link for you to check how it looks

Step 4 - We receive the 'Sharkz' sample guitars and post them here (we've allowed a week or two at this stage for anyone who's waiting to see the samples before deciding).

Step 5 - We invoice you

Step 6 - We put the order in for final production

Step 7 - We mail the coins to you

FYI... the GeoGuitar art is off for die art today :laughing: .

I assume that they could be ordered without any printing?

If printing is desired do you know yet how many characters will be the maximum?

Thanks

Three lines of printing... 6, 12, 6.

This coin is intended to be personalized GeoGuitar coin with printing. If some folks might not want them personalized with their caching name then we need to rework our order page. Chris is re-writing the code as I type so that 'NOT printing' is an 'option'....

Once this is coded it will be easy to edit it for future 'shared' coins like this, but the first go-around is always the most work.

We have confirmed a distribution site in the UK for the GeoGuitars. If you're in the UK you'll be able to pay domestic shipping for your 20 guitars :huh: . I've got to find out what the rates are like from the UK to the continent. Can anyone enlighten me whether someone in Germany for example, would pay less for shipping from the UK or from Canada/US?

We have confirmed a distribution site in the UK for the GeoGuitars. If you're in the UK you'll be able to pay domestic shipping for your 20 guitars :) . I've got to find out what the rates are like from the UK to the continent. Can anyone enlighten me whether someone in Germany for example, would pay less for shipping from the UK or from Canada/US?

The big thing is that the EU countries would be much more likely to avoid paying customs duties from the UK than it would from the US/Canada... and that can be a hefty amount saved!

Naomi :huh:

We have sample art that we're happy with....finally and so it's time to Rock n' Roll!

forPosting.jpg

www.landsharkz.ca/geoguitar.htm is a direct link to design and order your custom GeoGuitar! Hopefully all the information that you need is there; otherwise send us a personal note or ask it here if you think it affects everyone.

At the moment there is no other link to this custom guitar page within our site.

A couple of questions.

Soft or Imitation Hard Enamel?

Are translucent enamels ok? On the neck? (is there any texture on the neck? - gritty 1 is implied in the example above.

All imitation hard enamel.

Chris has designed #3 gritty for some texture on the body and #1 elsewhere so you can use translucents anywhere and it will have a nice glow to it.

Translucent is also ok for the neck. We'd recommend a dark translucent for the neck if you want to go that route.

I wasn't sure of the metal to use with my chosen body color. If it looks goofy based on the markup art, can we change it before finalizing?

We will allow 1 change for sure.

If you are choosing something that we think looks goofy, we'll let you know :D . If you want goofy that's ok, but if you want classy we'll give you a hand if necessary. Let us know if you need help long before you get to the 'hair pulling' stage :D .

How long will you be taking orders and when will the money be due? Will it be due after the first of Feb? I might be able to swing it then?

Samples are due to ship from the mint on Jan 31 and we'll have them shortly thereafter to photograph and post. We're taking orders until two weeks after we post the images of the samples. Money will be due just before we put the final order in and I would guess that's going to be the 3rd week of February if all goes according to plan.

The bottom of the design screen is Place order. Is there any way to see the design before placing the order? I know I can edit it on the next page, but I am one of those type that likes to see what it looks like.

Also for colour, if I want white in areas, I did not see any color code for white. So do I just type white?

Sorry to be such a pain, but just want to make sure I get this right!

RSFish1

The bottom of the design screen is Place order. Is there any way to see the design before placing the order? I know I can edit it on the next page, but I am one of those type that likes to see what it looks like.

Also for colour, if I want white in areas, I did not see any color code for white. So do I just type white?

Sorry to be such a pain, but just want to make sure I get this right!

RSFish1

We don't have the software to do interactive colour selections, sorry (would that ever be nice though!).

Just type in WHITE...

If you need any help or want an opinion, send us a note.

If someone's guitar is looking really awful, we'll contact you before we post the image with your name beside it :D