GeoGuitar 2008

Landsharkz

So, when will the activation codes hit the website?

Activation code is on the Landsharkz web site.

I assumed that they will be, but both guitars I tried to activate came back with match not found - so I presume that they haven't been loaded yet.

We got one activated a couple of days ago. Try ROCKON.

Got mine today and a couple of the Stars and Stripes version. These really turned out great. I'll see if I can get a photo posted soon. Thanks for the pick Landsharkz! I'm very happy with the size of this coin...they are a bit larger than I expected. I do have about 5 with some finish probs on the backside of the guitars. It looks like it has something to do with the glitter finish. I thought they were cracked at first, but it's just a difference in the enamel in those spots. If anybody's going to try and have some redone, fire me a message.

Got mine today! Awesome! :blink:

They did turn out very nice!

Even a bit bigger than I had imagined!

Very good job! :(

The Canadian and Stars & Stripes coins look great as well!

b153e568-832d-4141-a8a7-183cdc2f19e5.jpg

Anyone want to do some trading?

:( I did have two coins with blemishes on them(one slight ;) and the other very significant :blink: )

After Lions Lair said that he had a couple with blemishes I looked at all of mine. I too have blemishes one very bad for sure.

Got mine today and a couple of the Stars and Stripes version. These really turned out great. I'll see if I can get a photo posted soon. Thanks for the pick Landsharkz! I'm very happy with the size of this coin...they are a bit larger than I expected. I do have about 5 with some finish probs on the backside of the guitars. It looks like it has something to do with the glitter finish. I thought they were cracked at first, but it's just a difference in the enamel in those spots. If anybody's going to try and have some redone, fire me a message.

Wow, thank you for your posts. I was so disappointed, I had to step away from the computer for several hours. I started looking at mine when I noticed that there was a huge spot of white paint on the head of the guitar. Anyone looking at the guitar would notice it, also my geoguitar has no white on it. I than started looking at each guitar. Out of 20, I have 9 with blemishes. Either white paint, no enamel, no glitter on part of the guitar, paint on the top or bottom of the neck, cuts on the front and unsmooth parts on the neck. I also noticed that the top part of the neck is not straight, there is a bulge in every one. Out of the other 11, there are several I took just because they were better than the other 9. I have blue glitter and on several there is a spot of red. So it is good to see I am not alone.

Now even though there is some negative, some of the guitars look great.

Wow, thank you for your posts. I was so disappointed, I had to step away from the computer for several hours. I started looking at mine when I noticed that there was a huge spot of white paint on the head of the guitar. Anyone looking at the guitar would notice it, also my geoguitar has no white on it. I than started looking at each guitar. Out of 20, I have 9 with blemishes. Either white paint, no enamel, no glitter on part of the guitar, paint on the top or bottom of the neck, cuts on the front and unsmooth parts on the neck. I also noticed that the top part of the neck is not straight, there is a bulge in every one. Out of the other 11, there are several I took just because they were better than the other 9. I have blue glitter and on several there is a spot of red. So it is good to see I am not alone.

Now even though there is some negative, some of the guitars look great.

That "huge spot of white paint on the head...." is exactly what is wrong with my aforementioned guitars. Through a more thurough inspection of my coins, I have 5 with very slight blemishes and 2 with rather significant ones. I emailed a picture of them to landsharkz. I'm not sure what they can do with just a couple of guitars with bad finishes, as I doubt it would be feasible to remint just a few of them. We'll see I suppose... Maybe a trade? I'd gladly settle for a British and GW VI guitar as replacements!... ;)

:blink: ... OK, I can dream can't I? :(

Edited by LionsLair

I guess I got lucky! Some of the enamel in the necks is less than "perfect," but I'm fine with it. Overall I'm very pleased and wished that I had followed through with a second design.

I hope to hit 2k caches tomorrow and plan to drop an unactivated GeoGuitar in the first physical cache at or after 2000 (I may hit an earthcache for #2k). I bet the finder will be happy with the quality :blink:.

Where? :(

Oh, ok. Likely in Western NC or Eastern TN.

Edited by tokencollector

Just checked though all of ours and had two with paint spots. Both cleaned off with a little rub. Noticed what I attributed as part of process with the laser engravings. Wiped them down and they came clean. Two had paint color goofs in the strings area where you would pick the guitar. All in all they look great. We'll just release the errors in the wild since they'll most likely get bounced around in a cache or two.

We'll certainly order more if there is a 2009 version. :blink:

The problem with mine isn't paint spots, its areas where there isn't any glitter at all or it looks like a worm crawled across it LOL I hadn't planned on sending any into the wild so having some that aren't good just isn't good.....

The good ones are fantastic though

After reading where others had "blemishes" I decided to take a look over every one of my guitars as well. I too have 10 of 20 with blemishes. Like LadyBee4T some of mine are missing glitter in areas, have black paint spots, or the worst couple, the metal finish looks/feels rough like the effect you get on something you paint and then accidentally touch it with a rag before it dries.

Agreed though, the other 10 are absolutely perfect and stunning!!

edited to add photo.

81003045-8da9-41bf-91bd-2eb12fc81949.jpg

Edited by n8turgrl

Whoo Hoo! Got my guitars - and have been Rockin' ever since!!! I dropped one in a cache yesterday, and it already has been picked up and is moving! Landsharkz - thanks for everything!!!

???!!!

I still can't retrieve my activation codes from Landsharkz (as of late Sunday night). I'll try again tonight, then it might be time for an e-mail to figure out what's up?

Hi there... We are so pleased that most of the guitars look great. Thank you for your kind words.

We see there are a few coins out there with a quality issue (paint spots and missing painted areas). We will be dealing with this via e-mail, but if you have guitars with a quality issue then please be assured our interest is in your satisfaction, so we will be dealing with any quality issues promptly.

Of the 10's of thousands of coins we've produced, we have had very few problems and have dealt with any issues quickly and (to the best of our knowledge) in a very satisfactory way. We hope do the same here.

Our priority is satisfied customers that feel like they have purchased a quality product and received friendly personal service. Please check your e-mail later today and then let us know if you have any problem coins.

Thanks,

Chris and Helen

Whoo Hoo! Got my guitars - and have been Rockin' ever since!!! I dropped one in a cache yesterday, and it already has been picked up and is moving! Landsharkz - thanks for everything!!!

???!!!

I still can't retrieve my activation codes from Landsharkz (as of late Sunday night). I'll try again tonight, then it might be time for an e-mail to figure out what's up?

I initally had the same problem. Be sure you are using CAPs... That solved the problem for me... Please let me know if that works for you.

OverTheEdge

Edited by OverTheEdge

???!!!

tokencollector... they are there for sure. I don't think CAPS makes a difference (I'll have to test that for sure :) ). I wonder if you're not clicking the 'press to enter' button. That's the click that puts the coin code in the column on the right and triggers the search of the database. After you enter all your coins (clicking 'press to enter' after each one)... then you enter your email and click done.

This series has a custom activation code though... for all 2000+ :lol:

???!!!

tokencollector... they are there for sure. I don't think CAPS makes a difference (I'll have to test that for sure :lol: ). I wonder if you're not clicking the 'press to enter' button. That's the click that puts the coin code in the column on the right and triggers the search of the database. After you enter all your coins (clicking 'press to enter' after each one)... then you enter your email and click done.

This series has a custom activation code though... for all 2000+ :D

I bow to the experts on this one... I thought it was the CAPS... :)

I'm still waiting for mine to appear. It looks like the postal service is on vacation in MD! I've got my fingers crossed that mine are fine when they get here! :P

I love all of the pictures of everyone's guitars! :P

I'll post a picture of mine when they get here.

I'm also looking to trade some of mine, too.

???!!!

Thnks y'all. Jangor hooked me up with the correct code and I was good to go!

4373a308-d245-42bc-b28e-dfbf33288fe1.jpgJust curious more than anything...

While I was preparing a few photos to send to LandSharkz, I noticed a difference(not blemishes) in several coins. The bridges are two totally different colors on several coins! This IMHO is not a problem, as it has nothing to do with the finish of the coin, and most folks will never know unless they compare the two coins. I was curious if anyone else has run across this? :D

Edited by LionsLair

Guitar Trades? :D

I skimmed through the forums and sent PM's to anyone that mentioned wanting to trade guitars. If I missed someone or you want to trade, just send me a PM or email.

I am only trading the coins that are in mint condition! I am not releasing, nor do I expect to recieve any of the coins that many have mentioned are blemished.

I have 10 coins I am willing to trade. I am only trading guitar for guitar and don't care for offers for other trades at this moment.

Thanks.... :D

4373a308-d245-42bc-b28e-dfbf33288fe1.jpgJust curious more than anything...

While I was preparing a few photos to send to LandSharkz, I noticed a difference(not blemishes) in several coins. The bridges are two totally different colors on several coins! This IMHO is not a problem, as it has nothing to do with the finish of the coin, and most folks will never know unless they compare the two coins. I was curious if anyone else has run across this? :D

Those paint variations on the pickups almost give you two different sets to trade... Love the photo!

Guitar Trades? :D

I am only trading the coins that are in mint condition! I am not releasing, nor do I expect to recieve any of the coins that many have mentioned are blemished.

Thanks.... :D

I have one of Chris' denim blue glitter guitar coins here with NO paint between the strings by the pick guard and I wouldn't trade it for love nor money... :D It gives it a sort of 'hollow body' kinda look so I figured we'd keep it here for our son with the Ibanez.

If we make more of these ( B) ) we may just do a whole run with no paint there intentionally!

After looking over my coins once again (it's only the 2nd....100th time hehehe) I only have 3 that have blemishes that are really worth mentioning. Therefore, rather than worry with having them redone, i've decided to use those three as my "release into the wild" coins. In a couple of months the scuffs and scratches these coins obtain will blend everything else right in perfectly. The other couple that had paint spots or glitter not covering certain areas aren't really worth fussing about.

Thank you Landsharkz for a wonderful design and for keeping us up to date throughout the entire process. Your willingness to correct the "blemished" coins, your communication and above all your great customer service skills have shown what an up standing company/person(s) you are.

Got mine in earlier this week and am looking to trade some.

They are sooooo cooollllll.

One set only has one that needs to be redone but my black guitars have some paint issues that don't photograph well, so they all look really pretty. I only want to trade mint condition guitars so can trade some now while the issue is getting worked out.

Will put a photo up soon

Sonya