GeoGuitar 2008

Landsharkz

I would like to send out KUDOS to Helen and Chris for giving us Americans a break on these guitar coins! This is such a generous gesture on their behalf!

What a fun project this was and what a cool concept. (This is the first coin that my teen son HAD to have!) They did a lot of work translating the colors we had chosen and presenting the artwork for our guitars to us. Your generosity and hard work is very much appreciated. So, thank you from the bottom of my heart! :D:laughing::P

Ok I have already paid the invoices but this is bugging me a bit too much. You said the coins would be charged in USD (it was on your site) and yet when I was invoiced it was in CAD.

Thank you BRoKeN W for letting us know about this. I saw it said CAD, but I was too dumb to figure it out. :laughing: I thought paypal goofed and would correct itself! :P

I contacted Landsharkz about this and I had an email waiting for me before I could return back to my computer. Helen and Chris are great with their communications and decisive actions.

Thanks to both of you.

Sounds like the difference between Pergo-like laminate flooring and authentic hardwood flooring. About gave my wife an apoplectic fit at Home Depot one time when I whipped out the car keys and proceeded to demonstrate the differences in durability between the two flooring materials. Lets just say we didn't go with authentic. :anicute: Car keys are definitely a very versatile device! They can hack open coin mailers and saw through many other materials, as the poor HD samples found out! :drama:

Funny, my wife did something similar. She threw her keys at the Pergo flooring . . . and took a chunk out of it. We walked quietly away.

Edited by tokencollector

Good news and like I said before, we'll take a fancy one sight unseen. Sure hope it works out and adds another really neat coin to the Sharkz portfolio.

Jangor... ;) I've got you down for one of the printing gamble coins and one each of the painting gamble coins ;) Let's call it 'first refusal' just to be safe ;) .

Good news and like I said before, we'll take a fancy one sight unseen. Sure hope it works out and adds another really neat coin to the Sharkz portfolio.

Jangor... ;) I've got you down for one of the printing gamble coins and one each of the painting gamble coins B) Let's call it 'first refusal' just to be safe ;) .

Works for us. Thanks ;)

Funny you should ask... I wrote last night to confirm that they were on schedule and this was their reply:

Noted, all they are proceeding, and I wish the ship date can be on schedule since after CNY , the production line is jam and over load, we got serious delay schedule so far and hope it will be getting better after April /15.

It's not saying they're going to be later and it's not saying they'll be on the revised schedule (April 8). They're working hard to be on schedule... :) . I'll continue to stay on top of this. I'm sort of torn between hustling them along (nag nag) or letting them do their best work. I'm inclined to be patient and let them do the coins well or we'll be hearing about it from y'all I'm sure :) .

Funny you should ask... I wrote last night to confirm that they were on schedule and this was their reply:

Noted, all they are proceeding, and I wish the ship date can be on schedule since after CNY , the production line is jam and over load, we got serious delay schedule so far and hope it will be getting better after April /15.

It's not saying they're going to be later and it's not saying they'll be on the revised schedule (April 8). They're working hard to be on schedule... :wub: . I'll continue to stay on top of this. I'm sort of torn between hustling them along (nag nag) or letting them do their best work. I'm inclined to be patient and let them do the coins well or we'll be hearing about it from y'all I'm sure :lol: .

The last update above is still my newest news on the coins. Sorry LadeBear68 I have no news today, but maybe tomorrow night I will hear that they are ready. You guys will know a few minutes after we do.

Anyone's whose guitar is red will be pleased to know that Chris designed the icon last week - a red guitar!

Today is April 8th, any good news.

Pitiful really... April 17th - and I've been told this is for sure. 8 more sleeps.

Along with the delayed GeoGuitars are 5 other delayed coins of ours. Staffing shortages are hitting them pretty bad - they said they're training people in almost all areas who aren't up to speed productivity-wise yet and this is a big and complex order.

On the bright side... we'll have them for GWVI :D

You are a patient lot and I really appreciate that you're not sending me 'howlers'. Thank you!

Helen

Pitiful really... April 17th - and I've been told this is for sure. 8 more sleeps.

Along with the delayed GeoGuitars are 5 other delayed coins of ours. Staffing shortages are hitting them pretty bad - they said they're training people in almost all areas who aren't up to speed productivity-wise yet and this is a big and complex order.

On the bright side... we'll have them for GWVI :D

You are a patient lot and I really appreciate that you're not sending me 'howlers'. Thank you!

Helen

Helen, I feel your pain! I feel your pain! Nothing is coming out when they say, not matter how simple!

It will be almost 8 weeks since the paypal invoice was paid. Is this normal to wait over 4 weeks for coins?

It isn't normal to wait 8 weeks for a regular coin and we don't normally do pre-orders so we are squirming in our seats when we open the mail from the mint with this coin number on it. I must say I don't like this situation because it goes against our standards to delay things like this, but because each coin was printed with personalized information we really had no choice but to ask for payment up front. Darned if we do and darned if we don't.

Mama Cache - glad (but not glad) that it's not just us. We're sorry you're got delays too. It's hard to provide the kind of customer service you're reputation is built on when your supplier says 'wait another week'.

We created a mammoth production project - there were well over 2000 guitars with 63 paint, metal, and printing combinations.... and now we sit and wait.

It will be almost 8 weeks since the paypal invoice was paid. Is this normal to wait over 4 weeks for coins?

It isn't normal to wait 8 weeks for a regular coin and we don't normally do pre-orders so we are squirming in our seats when we open the mail from the mint with this coin number on it. I must say I don't like this situation because it goes against our standards to delay things like this, but because each coin was printed with personalized information we really had no choice but to ask for payment up front. Darned if we do and darned if we don't.

Mama Cache - glad (but not glad) that it's not just us. We're sorry you're got delays too. It's hard to provide the kind of customer service you're reputation is built on when your supplier says 'wait another week'.

We created a mammoth production project - there were well over 2000 guitars with 63 paint, metal, and printing combinations.... and now we sit and wait.

Hey guys! Just wanted to drop you a note to say it's not just you guys experiencing delays. As you said, the Hog is late with stuff and we just had our first coin delay after 9 weeks of waiting. We feel your pain and stand by your reputation as we do our own.

When you are at the mercy of the mint, there's really nothing that can be done until the coins are in your hands. hang in there... that tracking number is in your INBOX ! ! ! :(

Jim & Paula

Thanks folks - you really are being a patient lot and we appreciate it.

We've heard that the mint's new target is to ship them on Monday and they will confirm on Monday if they were able to do so. If that's the case I'll have them here and in Port Angeles, WA by Wednesday and the UK is an extra day I think.

I'm sure they want them out the door as much as we want them to arrive :)

Of course, I decide to go GeoCoin crazy and seem to have missed all the great pre-order dates for the '08 coins. These guitars look very impressive! It really sux having to surf eBay to find the really sweet coins only to get them second hand and for about 10x the price. Rrrrrrr.

I'll be watching your store more regularly. Thank you Landsharkz!

~SB

Yes, but now we are operating on another missed shipping date.

There really isn't much Landsharkz can do, the mints have been really screwing around with a lot of folks' shipments lately, and it's just one of those things....

Did I say it was their fault or that I am blaming Landsharkz? NO, I didn't. And it isn't just one of those things. What safeguards are in place for the people who order coins? I am not happy that they have postponed the guitars again, this is the fourth time. Normally it would not be a problem, but these were purchased for a special occasion. I would think there would be some kind of offer to the customer to make them happy. Not from Landsharkz but from the company making the geocoins. If I missed a deadline, I would be held accountable. It appears they are now missing several deadlines, what accountability do the companies have? Sorry, saying it's just one of those things isn't good customer service nor is it appropriate in business. At least Landsharkz keeps the customers up to date.

The guitars were NOT shipped on Monday.

I was advised that "there are about 500 pcs need to re-make due to quality issue, factory confirm the ship date should be late few days."

I am in discussions about getting all ready-orders sent over as soon as one shipment is complete (there are 3 shipments - Canada, US and UK). It seems that all the shipments are affected by these ones that are being re-made - these coins were rejected by the packers. I guess it's good that the workmanship is being checked at all stages but I am not enjoying these less than satisfying updates I'm having to bring you.

The guitars were NOT shipped on Monday.

I was advised that "there are about 500 pcs need to re-make due to quality issue, factory confirm the ship date should be late few days."

I am in discussions about getting all ready-orders sent over as soon as one shipment is complete (there are 3 shipments - Canada, US and UK). It seems that all the shipments are affected by these ones that are being re-made - these coins were rejected by the packers. I guess it's good that the workmanship is being checked at all stages but I am not enjoying these less than satisfying updates I'm having to bring you.

Again - having experienced things like this - we understand completely - and will definitely be the first to step up and let people know that mint issues are NOT uncommon. I think that they 'seem' to come up on customer coins, or group coins more 'often' not because they HAPPEN there more often, but because on your own sales coins, we pretty much deal with the issues ourselves quietly. Im sure anyone who's minted a coin will agree that a snafu can come up at almost any stage of the game. But, when its a client coin, or a group coin - its necessary to share that info when it happens - which Landsharkz has been great about!

This in itself is a HUGE undertaking, and I know I wouldn't want to be the one organizing it. The communication and blueprint review in itself was a monumental task I am sure.

If no ones said it before - THANKS to Landsharkz for undertaking all the work to make us a great coin.

And... we understand the delays - you'll find not a single complaint from the CinemaBoxers. :ph34r:

P&J

If no ones said it before - THANKS to Landsharkz for undertaking all the work to make us a great coin.

And... we understand the delays - you'll find not a single complaint from the CinemaBoxers. :ph34r:

I fully agree here. THANKS to Landsharkz for undertaking all the work to make us a great coin.

I too understand the delays. I´m sure it will be well worth the wait.

I just want to add that it really is a good thing they catch the errors at the factory. Though the delay is a hassel and dissapointment. Think about how long it would take to fix and error if they arrived over seas. Oh, that would be way worse.

They do business differently over there. If we would like the service of a US company this coin would be well over 20.00 a piece!

We all do the best we can with the cards we were given. But they really do hold the deck.

They are learning the American way "pay more get less" :ph34r:

You all are getting close! I can feel it!

They do business differently over there. If we would like the service of a US company this coin would be well over 20.00 a piece!

That is an incredibly true statement. I work customer service here in Sweden, but I'm American. I worked customer service in the US for about 10 years before coming here and I'm pretty good at it, even if I do say so myself.

The difference between what customers expect from a company here and what customers expect from a company in the US are just staggering, what's really wild is that the countries are in so many ways so similar, very developed, high standards of living. I can't even begin to imagine what customer service in a country that is run the way China is in comparison to the way that people in the US expect!!

[about!

I quite agree with CinemaBoxers. I never mind the delays as long as I am updated about what is going on and without a doubt, Landsharkz has notified us every step of the way. THANK YOU!