Pocket queries download with Garmin

CaKid

First you need to aquire either EasyGPS (no hints) or Geocaching Swiss Army Knife (partial hints). ok?

Ok I have downloaded GSAK...will this also show me size, difficulty, last found in the GPS?

If you use GSAK to send the waypoints to your GPSr, it is easy to get the name of the cache, and even part of the hint using the codes in the "Smart Name" feature. You can arrange these codes anyway you want and use the ones you find most useful. This is the code I use for the Waypoint name:

%smart=6 %con1%typ1%dif1%ter1

This includes part of the Name, the Size of the container, the Type of cache (Traditional, Multi, Virtual, Puzzle), the Difficulty and Terrain (based on a 10-point scale).

To get part of the hint, I use this code in the Waypoint Description blank:

%Name=10 %hint

First you need to aquire either EasyGPS (no hints) or Geocaching Swiss Army Knife (partial hints). ok?

Ok I have downloaded GSAK...will this also show me size, difficulty, last found in the GPS?

If you use GSAK to send the waypoints to your GPSr, it is easy to get the name of the cache, and even part of the hint using the codes in the "Smart Name" feature. You can arrange these codes anyway you want and use the ones you find most useful. This is the code I use for the Waypoint name:

%smart=6 %con1%typ1%dif1%ter1

This includes part of the Name, the Size of the container, the Type of cache (Traditional, Multi, Virtual, Puzzle), the Difficulty and Terrain (based on a 10-point scale).

To get part of the hint, I use this code in the Waypoint Description blank:

%Name=10 %hint

So do you have to Use GSAK to send the way points then? It will somehow change the GCXXXX to a more meaningful name?

Garmin should allow more characters in the description blank. My 76csx has room for a full paragraph worth of letters, more if you could scroll, but all it will actually let you put in there amounts to a few words.