Sock Monkey Geocoin

TeamGeoduck

I do realize I am in the wrong forum, however not knowing where I should be, I'll just ask you guys here my question and take any advice you'll offer..........

The achievement geocoins- Are they given to you automaticlly when you reach a milestone or is this an award that you purchase for yourself?

Thank you

Snakemaistre

I do realize I am in the wrong forum, however not knowing where I should be, I'll just ask you guys here my question and take any advice you'll offer..........

The achievement geocoins- Are they given to you automaticlly when you reach a milestone or is this an award that you purchase for yourself?

Thank you

Snakemaistre

You purchase it yourself. I understand you can also pay to have someone inscribe it for you :D

In response to the OP.... you can sell them on Ebay or put them up for sale here or even on Cointracking, it's up to you.

Ebay sales probably will take longest to sell a bunch but the first ones you sell will reach astronomical figures as it's for a never before seen or sold coin. However many coiners are also wary of buying something on ebay early if it'll be available later for a whole lot less. So you won't move quite so many.

Make them available to coiners for a reasonable price and you'll sell a lot of them fast. Charge too much and it will make a lot of folks who spend a bunch on coins anyway to check their budgets and see if it's worth it.

Also save a bunch for trade requests... you can get a bunch of coins you've wanted and are no longer available through trades.

Looks like a neat coin and you should have little trouble selling them. Good luck.

Edit: Re: fees.... add your PayPal fees in with your shipping expenses.

Edited by Droo

I am also wondering what is the best way to sell my coins? I am thinking eBay/paypal but they charge a lot of fees.

Set up a simple html page with Paypal buttons on it. Quite easy to do - email me if you need help.

How do you get the money back into your bank account if you don't have a merchant account? I thought you had to have a merchant account to actually take paypal payments?

I am also wondering what is the best way to sell my coins? I am thinking eBay/paypal but they charge a lot of fees.

Set up a simple html page with Paypal buttons on it. Quite easy to do - email me if you need help.

How do you get the money back into your bank account if you don't have a merchant account? I thought you had to have a merchant account to actually take paypal payments?

Getting a bit off track but no you don't. Paypal lets you do what 9key said. I have a personal account and use it for my site.

If you need somene to host a page and help setup let me know, I can help.

You need a merchant account to accept payments with a debit or credit card. If people are paying you with an existing paypal balance or transfer from their bank account, you can accept payments on your personal PayPal account. You'll run into the same problem with eBay. So you might as well upgrade your paypal account to Premier now.

Edited by AtlantaGal

You need a merchant account to accept payments with a debit or credit card. If people are paying you with an existing paypal balance or transfer from their bank account, you can accept payments on your personal PayPal account. You'll run into the same problem with eBay. So you might as well upgrade your paypal account to Premier now.

Agree. The upgrade from personal to business will incur fees to accept monies, but that is why above it was said include those paypal fees in your shipping costs. You can learn everything at the paypal site. And to sell on ebay if you plan to accept paypal (which the bulk of folks use to pay for items on ebay) then you need a business account anyway.

I'm eager for this one. One for me and one for each of the kids. Cute personal indeed. :D

Oh how cute! Sara's favorite animal is a money and she has a sock monkey we bought her at one of the local craft fairs.

I believe the PP personal account only permits you to receive a few payments per year -- if I recall correctly. Upgrade to the business account to overcome this limit. That is what we did. It was pretty easy to do. They will charge a fee for you to receive payments. Last time I checked it was something like $0.30 per transaction plus 2.9% of the payment amount. They also charge a small fee for transactions in non-US funds. You can also sign up for their debit card after a certain period of time after your upgrade.

...Anthus

Too funny and cute!

Like Anthus said about paypal; upgrade to a business account, there won't be any limits on sending/receiving $$$. The fees are as she stated above.

Your best bet is to advertise your coin via this site (cause it's free :D kinda.... you paid for tracking numbers). If you go the route of ebay you'll get slammed with their fees and paypal fees.

If you have a website, even the free stuff will work, set up a page, add paypal buttons if you can, if not than you can always take reservations and invoice your customers. That will help keep costs down.

Congrat's on your new personal :D

I was deprived of having a sock monkey as a child, so I'll definitely need to have one of these coins to help with the healing process.

I was deprived of having a sock monkey as a child, so I'll definitely need to have one of these coins to help with the healing process.

LMAO!

Here's Abbey's....

socktoy.jpg

My aunt and cousins all had them but I never did :D But now I will be in line for a trade or purchase.

And I would let people know how much with shipping they will be, trackable, icon, etx and you can prpobably sell out here in the forums, ALOT less hassle than selling other places, just remimber to add in your paypal fee. It is like .65 per $10.00

Shock the Monkey!!! :D

I like it!!! Not only the sock monkey, but its a personal! Ill have to show ya the sock monkey I see every week, ill take a pic next week and you guys will get a big kick outa it!

Nice coin...as for the sales, sounds like ya got good advice here. Cant wait for one!

Hello TeamGeoDuck,

Could you please mark us down for 2 of these fantastic coins. I the hubby never had a chance to have on of these sock monkeys as a child but my wife has. She would get a real kick out of this coin. I will have to get one for me and one for her since she had one as a child and since i was deprived not having one when I was youngster. LOL:) SSsshhhhhhh.......now dont anyone tell my wife I want to get this for her for a suprise :D

Thanks Much,

Barry of sweetlife

Mountain, WI.

Here is a sneak peak of our Sock Monkey geocoin. We should receive them before the end of the month.

2094619006_6c630caa97.jpg

IMHO, the BEST way to sell your coin would be to charge a decent price and set up your own sales page. Set shipping prices reasonable, coin prices reasonable and you'll sell those beauties quickly!

Don't know why, but sock monkeys have always freaked me out :D Right down there with clowns, ick. :D

Clowns scare me, too! I couldn't even BEGIN to watch Stephen King's "It!"

*shuddering*

When we were little, my sister and my sock monkeys had the prettiest, bright colored, island material dresses on them... I think that kept them from being scary for us!

Naomi :D

Don't know why, but sock monkeys have always freaked me out :D Right down there with clowns, ick. :D

*shuddering*

When we were little, my sister and my sock monkeys had the prettiest, bright colored, island material dresses on them... I think that kept them from being scary for us!

Naomi :P

Naomi, there is a cache around Tacoma that is based on "the fear of clowns" It is a clever one :)

*shuddering*

Naomi :P

Naomi, there is a cache around Tacoma that is based on "the fear of clowns" It is a clever one :)

As for the fear of sock monkeys . . . I've never owned own.