Garmin GPSMAP 60CSx and Intel based Macs

I recently ordered a shiney new MacBook Pro and was hoping that someone has had good success with getting the Mac and the GPSMAP 60CSx to play nicely together via usb. My goal is that things would work natively in the the latest incarnation of OS. Barring that how about performance in parallels, VM, or simply boot camp? Please feel free to list any problems, issues, and/ or workarounds.

Thanks,

Andre

a.k.a. The Good Doctor

Andre,

I have just purchased a Rino 530HCx for Christmas. I too have a MacBook Pro. I run Parallels on mine. Unfortunately, I will not be able to tell you if it works or not for another week. If you have not found any information by that time, feel free to PM me and I will tell you what I have/have not figured out yet.

Sorry, I couldn't answer you matter-of-factly. However, from what I understand Garmin is not mac ready.

Aloha,

allen

Andre,

I have just purchased a Rino 530HCx for Christmas. I too have a MacBook Pro. I run Parallels on mine. Unfortunately, I will not be able to tell you if it works or not for another week. If you have not found any information by that time, feel free to PM me and I will tell you what I have/have not figured out yet.

Sorry, I couldn't answer you matter-of-factly. However, from what I understand Garmin is not mac ready.

Aloha,

allen

You should have success with any number of Mac software applications for Geocaching. I prefer GeoJournal http://www.geojournal.net , but you have other choices, too. I have a web page about Mac-using Geocachers http://chimbisimo.googlepages.com

The phrase "Garmin is not Mac ready" is a little misleading. The company has tried to make strides in developing proprietary software for Macs, but have limited success I understand. In this sense, Garmin (the company) is not 100% Mac ready.

But you CAN use a Garmin GPS with you Mac with no problem by using applications not created by Garmin, but by other geocachers. In this sense, Garmin GPS units are very Mac compatible.