Large screen GPS for fishing

ncparolelady

I love my small garmin etrex for geocaching but I have very little experience using GPS for anything other than caching. My dad wants to use GPS for marking his "favorite/best" fishing spots. His eyesight is bad and he is electronically challenged. Does anyone have any experience w/ the large screen units for something like this or could anyone recommend a specific unit? Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated!

I have a Lowrance H2Oc for geocaching. It is great. Lowrance is one of the leaders in fishing electronics including GPS as well as fishfinders. Tale a look at lowrance.com. Some nice looking units there.

I agree with "Sodajerk" Lowrance makes great units and the maps are exelent, that can be downloaded to your unit for even more detail and uptodates. I used to do a lot of bowfishing all over the country, would have been lost without it. the only other one that i would love to try is the new ones made by "Hummingbird"

Thay have 2 that now use " side scan sonar", and the images that thay produce are outstanding !! that is what it is showing you is under your boat.

The lowrance i had was a ? 320 , was a b/w and you can pick up a used one on ebay for not a lot of $.

I used it in the boat and then in my truck for driving directions, I just used the " ARM " ball , its a quick release system thay make and had one in the boat and the other i modifyed to fit in the drink holder in the truck.

Good luck and good fishng