Making my first geocoin advice...

mattandshawn.com

I'm planning my first geocoin, and I'm clueless. What do people like to see, what's a good price to shoot for per coin, both for minting and selling. I'd love to turn a profit, but at least break even. What shape, dimensions, thickness, etc. etc. are desirable. What makes a "limited edition" coin limited (250, 500, 2500?). Is the same coin in different finishes worthwhile?

And any other advice ya'll have out there on geocoins.

Personally my first choice is that the coin should reflect the cacher(s). Thier personal sig item. Secondly if it isn't a personal coin it has to be caching related. There are to many coins that are called geocoins but have nothing to do with the sport of caching.

The average round geocoins I have are about 1.5" X 1/8" thick. What ever minter you work with will help you with your design, style and metals. There is usually no extra cost for minting one design of coin in different metals. LE is a small percentage of the coins made. Like 5, 10 or 25 out of a 100 made. If they are trackable and/or with an icon. Then the number of minted coins are usually higher. One last thing... I personally like to trade. The cost of purchasing other geocoins is getting to expensive for me.

Good luck

... One last thing... I personally like to trade. The cost of purchasing other geocoins is getting to expensive for me.

Good luck

What in your opinion is a good offering price for a geocoin? I realize that we're talking about a huge variation in options, but just a standard coin, either colored or cool minted design. Do you take size into consideration, and if so, how much? How about thickness?

I'm planning my first geocoin, and I'm clueless. What do people like to see, what's a good price to shoot for per coin, both for minting and selling. I'd love to turn a profit, but at least break even. What shape, dimensions, thickness, etc. etc. are desirable. What makes a "limited edition" coin limited (250, 500, 2500?). Is the same coin in different finishes worthwhile?

And any other advice ya'll have out there on geocoins.

Make a coin that reflects you and what you like. Formulate an idea of what you would like on a coin and then get in touch with one of the vendors in the pinned threads, ask plenty of questions and get quotes. There are alot of people here with different tastes. Some like round, some like shaped. Some people have liberal views on what they feel is caching related and some are very conservative. If people like it they will buy it (as long as they feel it's a reasonable price for what is being offered) and if they don't like it, they won't buy it.

As far as the different finishes go, same thing, everyone here likes a variety. Again, a vendor is your best option on deciding what to do as they know the geocoin market and can help you make an informed decision.

Good Luck and have fun with it!

tsun