Cache size guidelines not clear.

Lacomo

The cache size guidelines says:

"Micro (35 mm film canister or smaller – less than approximately 3 ounces or .1 litres -- typically containing only a logbook)

Small (Sandwich-sized Tupperware-style container or similar -- less than approximately 1 quart or litre -- holds trade items as well as a logbook) "

I have some cantainers that fall in between. They are 2 3/8 inches in diameter and 3 inches tall. Large for a micro but small for a small. I think people are more apt to go after a small than a micro and I would rather list them as a small, but I don't want to misslead anyone.

How would you all list cantainers this size?

I don't think it matters that much.

I just found a Magnetic Key Holder during lunch that was listed as a micro. List it as a small, because technically, it is. :shrug:

Magnetic Key holders are tradtionally listed as micro - unless you found some bigger sized one.

As for the OP - I would list that as a micro unless you are putting in trade items - simply say large size micro.

"Micro (35 mm film canister or smaller – less than approximately 3 ounces or .1 litres -- typically containing only a logbook)

Small (Sandwich-sized Tupperware-style container or similar -- less than approximately 1 quart or litre -- holds trade items as well as a logbook) "

I have some cantainers that fall in between. They are 2 3/8 inches in diameter and 3 inches tall. Large for a micro but small for a small. I think people are more apt to go after a small than a micro and I would rather list them as a small, but I don't want to misslead anyone.

I would list them as a Small. The guidelines you quoted show a micro as a "Film Canister OR SMALLER" as a Micro so anything bigger than a film canister becomes a Small by default because it fits into the "less than approximately 1 quart" guideline for that size listing.

Or, you can do what some locals have started: Just pick "Not Chosen" for your tiny caches just to mess up people who try and filter out Micros. (I'm kidding, by the way...please don't do that!)

Cheers!

I don't think it matters that much.

I just found a Magnetic Key Holder during lunch that was listed as a micro. List it as a small, because technically, it is. :shrug:

I would definitely list a key holder as a micro. Micros have been getting smaller and smaller over time, but

that doesn't mean that some of the original micro containers like magnetic key holders and Altoids tins

have gotten larger. They are still micros.

As far as the OP's question I'd probably say small for a container that is almost 3" x 3".

How would you all list cantainers this size?

Small.