Showing caches in Google Earth

Delta68

Seeing as the google maps utility is very poor (fact - not open for discussion! ;) ), I ran a PQ and tried importing it into Google Earth. For some reason it doesn't show images for all the caches; any ideas why?

I just downloaded the latest version but it made no difference

Only about three show up.....

Seeing as the google maps utility is very poor

I used to copy and paste co-ords into Memory map to look at new cache locations - nowadays I just copy and paste the co-ords into Google and use Google Maps, without any problems...

Google Earth sometimes takes a while to load all the caches - but if you zoom into a smaller area it usually shows them all.

You might find that the timeline function has become active, this happens when I export from gsak to Google Earth.

Have a look to the left of the compass in the top right of the screen.

The timeline feature is fun to see where caches have appeared over time.

I haven't found how to turn it off, but if you drag the minimum and maximum markers to the far left and far right respectively it will make all the caches appear at once.

You might find that the timeline function has become active, this happens when I export from gsak to Google Earth.

Have a look to the left of the compass in the top right of the screen.

The timeline feature is fun to see where caches have appeared over time.

I haven't found how to turn it off, but if you drag the minimum and maximum markers to the far left and far right respectively it will make all the caches appear at once.

Yup! That's fixed it :unsure:

Thanks

Looks interesting (caches on Google Earth as downloaded from GC.com jump around all over the place so you can't tell where they are). However, whenever we log to this clever prog, it only shows caches in Germany. Moving the map to the UK and zooming in shows no caches. Is there a simple answer please?

Thanks