Camo Duct Tape

Wal-Mart - Painting supplies.
That's where I find it too. $3.99 last time I bought it.
It can be bought there, but it tends to curl on the edges and become un-stuck. The kind I bought is more paper than cloth. If you can find cloth cammo tape, buy it instead!! Edited by meralgia
It can be bought there, but it tends to curl on the edges and become un-stuck. The kind I bought is more paper than cloth. If you can find cloth cammo tape, buy it instead!!
The stuff that I found at Wal-Mart is the cloth kind.
It can be bought there, but it tends to curl on the edges and become un-stuck. The kind I bought is more paper than cloth. If you can find cloth cammo tape, buy it instead!!

Hmmmmm. That's not been my experience. I've had many caches covered in it out in the wild for years and have never seen that. :D

It's "Duck" brand and is the same as the grey tape that is used for general repairs.

Edited by 9Key

You may want to buy the more expensive version of camo tape in the Wal-Mart sporting goods section. It's what hunters use. While more expensive, it does not have a surface which can reflect light.

I'm always amazed why they sell camo Duck tape that has a surface that will reflect light. Guess the manufactures never really had to rely on the principles of good camouflage

Hmmmmm. That's not been my experience. I've had many caches covered in it out in the wild for years and have never seen that. :D

It's "Duck" brand and is the same as the grey tape that is used for general repairs.

Not my experience either. The only problem with it that I have ever seen is a tendency to fade after a few years on caches in direct sunlight.

I was just in my local Wal-Mart looking for this tape about a week ago. I was told they are no longer carrying it. They did have some of the cloth tape, but the sales person said when that is sold out they are not going to restock it either.

If I had to guess, I would think this would be for our local store only. Other Wal-marts probably will continue to carry it, but maybe not?? :D

If you are looking for either the regular "Duck Brand" camo tape or even hunters type cloth camo tape and you cannot find them in your area, just stop by our store. We carry both for reasonable prices.

Both come in Realtree Hardwoods HD camo pattern that is unbelievably realistic.

Edited by logonwheeler

Hmmmmm. That's not been my experience. I've had many caches covered in it out in the wild for years and have never seen that. ;)

"Duck" brand may be good. I'm not sure what brands I've used, but they've all been fairly good. But I was recently at an event where several cachers agreed about one particular camo tape that lost its stick very quickly and also faded right away. I wish I could be specific on brands, but I can't.

If you are looking for either the regular "Duck Brand" camo tape or even hunters type cloth camo tape and you cannot find them in your area, just stop by our store. We carry both for reasonable prices.

Both come in Realtree Hardwoods HD camo pattern that is unbelievably realistic.

You've earned a slot in my favorites! Good stuff & good prices!

...Not my experience either. The only problem with it that I have ever seen is a tendency to fade after a few years on caches in direct sunlight.

The stuff I have seen fades to blue in just a couple of months even in partial sunlight. Several caches I have spotted from a good distance away because the faded tape really stands out from natural vegetation.

This is actually a really good deal.

Actually if you read the listing, it is states that each roll is 20 ft. I am not sure whether this is an error in the listing or they are a smaller roll. We carry Duct Brand Realtree Hardwoods tape that is 20 yards long - that makes 60 ft. That is 3 times the length than the stated ebay auction.

They've corrected it or it did say 20 YARDS in BIG BOLD LETTERS (at least it does now).

I was just in my local Wal-Mart looking for this tape about a week ago. I was told they are no longer carrying it. They did have some of the cloth tape, but the sales person said when that is sold out they are not going to restock it either.

If I had to guess, I would think this would be for our local store only. Other Wal-marts probably will continue to carry it, but maybe not?? :D

The Walmart near me only carries it for hunting season and when they run out, they run out and don't get more in until the next year.

I just checked with our local Wal-Mart and they confirmed the fact that they are selling them until they are out and then will not get a re-supply until next July.

I think that applies to just the cloth type tape.

The camo Duck tape can be found year around over by painting supplies.

Yup - I've purchased the duct tape year round, but then again I live in Texas and we loves us some huntin' no matter what season it is! :D

Edited by 9Key

I just checked with our local Wal-Mart and they confirmed the fact that they are selling them until they are out and then will not get a re-supply until next July.

I think that applies to just the cloth type tape.

The camo Duck tape can be found year around over by painting supplies.

I guess it depends on the Walmart. The one by me only sells it during hunting season. They get in late summer and when it's gone it's gone.

I actually can get the cloth tape any time of year though. Go figure.

Canadian Tire is where I got mine from.

ditto on the crappy tire purchase for us...duck brand too

I got mine from Home Hardware. You can also get the Krylon Camo Spray paints from them as well. You may have to get them to order it in special but it shouldn't take more than a week or so.

Canadian Tire is where I got mine from.

ditto on the crappy tire purchase for us...duck brand too

Me too. Check around though. In the sporting goods section, they only had a 3 metre flatpack for about $5, but had the full roll in the painting section for about $7.