Dorkfish Christmas Contest

dorkfish

Just about the craziest Christmas we had was also the one when we owned the most pets we've ever had at one time: 5 boxers (Bruiser being the culprit in this story) and 1 white "momma" cat Snow and her 3 white kittens (Rice, Sugar, and Salt). We had put our Christmas tree up, and I woke up the next morning to all the kittens climbing around on the inner part of the branches closest to the trunk. Momma was sitting to the side just watching her babies having fun swatting at ornaments. It was super cute - the contrast of white kittens in a dark green fir tree - until the ornaments started flying and shattered all over the concrete floor of our den.

To add to the whole fiasco, one of my boxers decided he was tired of the cat noisiness so he leaped at the tree. Of course, he knocked it down, breaking the top section off as it went down. More ornaments broken and a severly mishapen tree for Christmas day! No animals were injured in this stunt, but it did cause quite a bit of commotion among family members gathering up kittens and calming down all the dogs. It was funny only after we realized all animals were okay and the tree was rather salvageable! Years later, now it is a hilarious memory!!

My story is maybe more "nice" than funny, but anyway, here goes.

2 Christmases ago, our daughter was 2.5 yrs old. Whenever we would get in the car to go anywhere, she would ask me, "Daddy, you got your G-P-S?" with a staccato voice. Then she'd say "I got my G-P-S" and would grab whatever was in the car near her, a toy, a stick, or whatever. It was very cute. So I thought about it a bit and decided to try to get her a GPS of her own. Except of course, I didn't want to get her a "real" one because she might drop/break it, whatever. So I hit upon the idea of calling up Garmin and asking if they had any old GPS "shells" without electronics that I could buy. So, I called them up and told them about my 2.5 year old wanting her own GPS. The guy on the phone was very nice about the whole thing and offered to send me a display case unit for free! I was thrilled. And he sent it over in only a couple days. When it arrived, it had exactly what I'd been hoping for. A GPS "shell" with a pretend screen with an arrow pointing on it. And in addition he sent me a 18" tall inflatable Etrex Legend also used for store displays, etc. It was great! She was, of course, excited when she opened it, and he really enjoyed leading us on the hunt for geocaches after that!

So thanks again Garmin! and Thank You Dorkfish for the cointest! :)

Hi everyone :rolleyes:

We have a winner for the Lackey geocoin....and the winner is OverTheEdge! Congratulations Cynthia! I'm glad your friend spotted that tag, that was just too funny!

Thanks for everyone for posting their funny (and not so funny) stories. I really enjoyed reading them all & look forward to the next contest. Although I don't think I can ever top giving away a Lackey ;)

Merry Christmas everyone!

Hi everyone :back:

We have a winner for the Lackey geocoin....and the winner is OverTheEdge! Congratulations Cynthia! I'm glad your friend spotted that tag, that was just too funny!

Thanks for everyone for posting their funny (and not so funny) stories. I really enjoyed reading them all & look forward to the next contest. Although I don't think I can ever top giving away a Lackey :back:

CONGRATULATIONS OverThe Edge!! A wonderful coin for a special person!!

THANK-YOU Karma for doing such a GREAT thing giving that Lackey away....AWESOME!!

Hi everyone :back:

Thanks for everyone for posting their funny (and not so funny) stories. I really enjoyed reading them all & look forward to the next contest. Although I don't think I can ever top giving away a Lackey :back:

THANK-YOU Karma for doing such a GREAT thing giving that Lackey away....AWESOME!!

Hi everyone :sad:

Thanks for everyone for posting their funny (and not so funny) stories. I really enjoyed reading them all & look forward to the next contest. Although I don't think I can ever top giving away a Lackey :sad:

Couldn't have said it better myself, Rod!

Naomi :D

I hope this one is good enough to win this:

On Xmas day, our son was unwrapping the presents in his stocking. Then he asked, "Mom, why does Santa use the same wrapping paper we have in our hall closet?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Must keep fingers crossed.

:huh::lol::huh:

On Xmas day, our son was unwrapping the presents in his stocking. Then he asked, "Mom, why does Santa use the same wrapping paper we have in our hall closet?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:laughing::P:D

PRECISELY the reason that every year I buy a couple of big rolls of paper to put away for next year's Santa gifts.... we don't wrap the girls' gifts in the same paper that we wrap the Santa gifts in, hehehe....

SO, how'd ya get out of that one, lol?

Naomi :D

:anicute::huh::drama:

PRECISELY the reason that every year I buy a couple of big rolls of paper to put away for next year's Santa gifts.... we don't wrap the girls' gifts in the same paper that we wrap the Santa gifts in, hehehe....

SO, how'd ya get out of that one, lol?

Naomi :ph34r:

Oh, yeah, we have a winner but I like yours, too :sad: