Missing Travel Bugs

On December 10th 2006 one of our Travel Bugs (DISCO1) was placed in this cache GC1343 in Louisiana USA, after the TB had been there for 3-4 months I emailed the owner of the cache to ask if it would be possible for them to check the cache to see if the TB was still there and I got no reply. :D

I then emailed KTGI the caching team who placed the TB in the cache to ask if he or any of the local cachers could check the cache for me, KTGI put a note on the cache page :( as he has now moved away from the area.

The cache has been visited several times over the past year and 2 or 3 teams did mention that there was no TB present in the cache, so we gave up hope and thought "another one bites the dust"

Today exactly one year to the day it was placed in the cache, BoogieBandit visted the cache and removed our Disco1 (which had been there a year) and another TB which had been there for 9 months!!! :mad::D

I have received very nice emails today from the caching team who placed the TB in the cache and also from the caching team who now have the TB. :)

This just goes to prove don't give up hope on your lost TBs they just might turn up with a bit of luck!!

Mandy :)

What just 12 months :) , I'm aware of one TB which was placed in a remote hillside cache. After several DNF's the owner paid a maintenance visit with a companion [both of whom are very experienced cachers] who were unable to find the container so replaced it with a new one. 2 years on and the original container was found and the TB released :( .

So as Mandy says

This just goes to prove don't give up hope on your lost TBs they just might turn up with a bit of luck!!
:D

Yes, just happened to me too this very weekend on a TB that has been missing since May. In fact it was logged as not in the cache by the next visitor, then the cached got Muggled. Thought well thats the end of that. This weekend I get a Discovered log entry (as in discovered in their camper van!) and a promise to drop it in a cache soonest.