Stolen Travel Bugs!

knowschad

I'd have to say that in the long run putting several TBs into one cache isn't the best idea.
Right, but what about the TB hotels that advertise as such? When you type "TB Hotel" in a keyword search you get 459 hits.

A cache designed to provide easy access to move bugs quickly is perfectly fine. When you have a high stock count you obviously increase the chances of many bugs going missing at once.

Edited by BlueDeuce
I'd have to say that in the long run putting several TBs into one cache isn't the best idea.
Right, but what about the TB hotels that advertise as such? When you type "TB Hotel" in a keyword search you get 459 hits.

A cache designed to provide easy access to move bugs quickly is perfectly fine. When you have a high stock count you obviously increase the chances of many bugs going missing at once.

Nope sorry that's not right, it doesn't increase the chances, just the impact.

Edited by BlueDeuce

A cache designed to provide easy access to move bugs quickly is perfectly fine.

You haven't even looked at the maps for that cache, have you? 35E and 494 are major arteries in the Twin Cities area. We have Microsoft Mappoint Birdseye arial photos in our area if you really want a close-up look. This isn't exactly in the boonies. It also has never been muggled.

Once AGAIN... the question here is... why would a fellow cacher steal travel bugs, not should a cacher stock his own cache with them.

Once AGAIN... the question here is... why would a fellow cacher steal travel bugs, not should a cacher stock his own cache with them.

Who knows?

Maybe this person is a "collector"?

Maybe this person has a vendetta against TBs?

Note that in either of these cases, such a person would be drawn like a magnet to a cache with 8 TBs in it.

I agree with BlueDeuce. Too many TBs in one cache is risky.

Hopefully the TBs will resurface.

Once AGAIN... the question here is... why would a fellow cacher steal travel bugs, ..

No idea why someone would take five travel bugs for themselves.

OK, I admit that I'm reading between the lines, but I think that was offensive and I'm going to take it personally.

Chicken Run

Found in South Dakota, moved to Minnesota.

Goal: Keep me moving so I don't end up in a Pie! "I don't like gravy!"

Rusty Wallace

Found in South Dakota, moved to Minnesota:

Goal: To visit each individual racer view: TBGCA0, TB11PGX, TB11QJJ, TB11M98, & TB11YVR. Gentlemen (&

Ladies) Start your ENGINES!!!!

P38 Fighter

Found in Minnesota.

Goal: I would like to make it to my birthplace - the former site of the Lockheed Company Aircraft Factory in Burbank, CA

Slippery Seal

Found in Minnesota.

Goal: CAME TO RHINELANDER TO VISIT MY HODAG FRIENDS BUT NOW THAT SPRING HAS COME TO THE WISCONSIN NORTHWOODS, I NEED TO GET SOMEWHERE A LITTLE CHILLIER. CAN YOU HELP ME ON MY WAY? I WOULD LIKE TO GET TO DUTCH HARBOR, ALASKA BECAUSE I HAVE HEARD THAT THE FISHING IS GREAT THERE! THANKS FOR YOUR HELP AND HAPPY CACHING!

Snoopy 2

Found in Minnesota

Goal: Snoopy 2's goal is to meet up with Snoopy 1. Snoopy 1 will be released in North Carolina and Snoopy 2 will be released in Florida.

Spookie-Doo

Found in Minnesota

Goal:My mission is to “haunt” all of the caches in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area.... (stuff deleted)

The Three Little Pigs.

Found in Minnesota.

Goal: This is the story of the Three Little pigs, fireman121 & Skatergirl2005 style. All of pigs were ready to leave home but wanted to go in different direction.

Yunker. Found in Minnesota. Goal:

I want to visit as many caches as possible over the next year

Now tell me... do you see a problem with any of those goals? And if you do, then why didn't the owner have a problem? There isn't a single TB in the bunch that I didn't move to at LEAST an equal position, if not better. For every single one, the cache that I moved them to was in a more central and more populated area than where I found them.

And you STILL haven't addressed my original question of "WHY"!

Edited by knowschad

I agree with BlueDeuce. Too many TBs in one cache is risky.

Hopefully the TBs will resurface.

I agree with your hope, I disagree with your count and with BlueDeuce. How many TBs should be in one cache? Or is that a new thread?

That would be a fun rumble of a thread. I'd put on my torreador outfit for that one. :D

Who knows?

Maybe this person is a "collector"?

Is there such a creature? I know some geocoin collectors, but they're on the up-and-up and always make arrangments in one way or another with the coin owner before collecting. I've never heard of a TB collector except for those that are gathering them for an event.