Project Phoenix Announcement

Harriet the Spy

I am very excited about Jeremy's announcement involving the merging of the playing accounts into one main account. I am also very very excited about the merging of the two sites (and possibly the big "?" someday) into one flowing site. There are a lot of cool functions that I am excited to use for the different sites. Waymarking could really use GPX files and pocket queries, while GC.com could benefit from the easy to use design features of Waymarking, its location searches, the google earth footprint, the task column to the right on every page (think a simplified version of my account page on GC), RSS feeds, and there is a ton of really cool pixel art all over Waymarking!

I don't understand the technical aspects of the post but from what I read, they are really really trying their hardest to help us have fun in the smoothest, non lagging way possible. I am looking forward to the extra fun the changes will bring!

I was into Waymarking but once the site changed I found it difficult to navigate and dind't feel like going through the learning curve again. By then though the time consumption of stopping for every marker & then entering them made me look away from Waymarking, but that's my issue. :(

Thanks for the heads up. Read the announcement and this sounds great. Looking forward to one smooth site where maybe I can get back into Waymarking and not leave it on the back burner. :D

Since Jeremy's notice mentions that we will now be on Groundspeak.com instead of geocaching.com and that it's supposed to be a transparent switchover, I would like to give warning that:

If you use uppercase and lowercase letters in your password, on geocaching you can enter it all in one case, but in the forums you must log in exactly the way you initially set it up.

When the changeover happens I'm sure that a lot of people will not remember this and have to press the 'Forgot Password' link only to get an email that to them looks like the actual password that they use but not notice the case changes.

I actually can't think of a better way to say all this. But perhaps a warning should be included on the login screen.