ETrex Vista HCX

Hello everyone & Merry Christmas! Two questions, if anyone can help.

1. I have bought an ETrex Vista HCX for a Christmas present for my daughter, which of the above Garmin products would you people recommend I purchase for use with the ETrex HCX ...CN 2008 or CN 2008 NT?

I realize NT is a compressed version.

2. I already have a 60CSX with CN V8 (not NT) on my PC & loaded on the 60CSX unit.

Is there any problem loading the new software (CN 2008 or CN 2008 NT) on my PC & loading the maps on her GPS & when my daughter goes home she will want to load the software (CN 2008 or CN 2008 NT) on her PC.

I guess the question (2) is does this comprise her use of the software once she is back home?

Appreciate any help on this...thanks!

Hello everyone & Merry Christmas! Two questions, if anyone can help.

1. I have bought an ETrex Vista HCX for a Christmas present for my daughter, which of the above Garmin products would you people recommend I purchase for use with the ETrex HCX ...CN 2008 or CN 2008 NT?

I realize NT is a compressed version.

2. I already have a 60CSX with CN V8 (not NT) on my PC & loaded on the 60CSX unit.

Is there any problem loading the new software (CN 2008 or CN 2008 NT) on my PC & loading the maps on her GPS & when my daughter goes home she will want to load the software (CN 2008 or CN 2008 NT) on her PC.

I guess the question (2) is does this comprise her use of the software once she is back home?

Appreciate any help on this...thanks!

1. I use NT..you can get by with a 1GB card. Or, if you have a 2GB card, then you have tons of room for either custom POIs or axtra maps like topos. I have about 1.5GB full with both CN NT for all of North America and topos covering from the Man/Sask border to the east coast, within a couple of hundred miles of the TC highway.

2. My understanding is that since the CN unlock is tied to the GPS, you can load it on as many PCs as you want, but can only link it to one GPS, so it should be no problem loading it on your computer and then hers at home. When installing on your computer, I wouldn't upgrade, if that is an option, since that might somehow tie it to your GPS. I don't know for sure....