Anybody use this shied for your GPS?

bubnme

I have on my 60csx and Streetpilot i3. They stick really well, protect very well also. The only downfall is this "oragepeel" effect I get. It's only really noticable if bright sunlight is directly hitting the screen, when this happens I get all these shadows on the screen. Backlight takes care of it. I've never used anything else, but I've seen some people use the palm screen protectors. The palm screen protectors look "clearer", but they aren't as thick and don't stay as well on the unit. All in all I'd do it again.

I have on my 60csx and Streetpilot i3. They stick really well, protect very well also. The only downfall is this "oragepeel" effect I get. It's only really noticable if bright sunlight is directly hitting the screen, when this happens I get all these shadows on the screen. Backlight takes care of it. I've never used anything else, but I've seen some people use the palm screen protectors. The palm screen protectors look "clearer", but they aren't as thick and don't stay as well on the unit. All in all I'd do it again.

Yup - same here. I sent the first one back for free replacement because I thought the orange peel was a problem. The second one wasn't as bad (really only noticeable because I was thinking it was supposed to be perfectly smooth), and I would do it again.

I have one on my Garmin Vista HCx and had one on my Vista C. I never noticed the "orange peel" effect. The shield is invisible to my eye . . . and it sure protects the screen. I also have the Garmin neoprene cover for my GPS unit.

Can anybody verify the "fit" of the neoprene case for the HCX model? It looks like the screen might be covered or esposed in some parts since this cover was made for the older extrex models. Thanks for the replies...

The shields are great. When the HCX first came out it took a few times to get the custom size right. I love the material. It does not collect fingerprints and has a sticky, rubber like texture not hard and slick. I own this shield for my GPS, camera and cell phone. Also they have a lifetime replacement if damaged. Product far excedes any others that I have found.

I've gotten them for my Palm, my 60CSx (saved it from a major scratch), my Geko 201, and the Geko 301 my son is getting for Christmas (shhhh).

I am working on getting a custom one for my Nikon L15 digital camera (they don't have that model listed yet).

Great shield. I've used several for my palms through the years (started with the original PalmPilot) and the one from shieldzone.com is by far the easiest to install I"ve seen.

Don't wait! Go ahead and order your shield from shieldzone.com NOW!!!!!

Edited by kenk

Highly recommended, much better than ruining the gps with some sort of case. I tried the Gilsson neoprene cases once but they were terrible. Bad fit, buttons didn't line up with the holes and the stitching fell apart.

I'm waiting for Boxwave to release their Vista HCx shield so I can do a comparison test against the Invisible shield, they say it's coming soon...

I'd hate to see what my screen would look like without it! I ordered the shield before I ordered the GPS, actually. I wanted to be sure I had it stuck to the unit before I ever left the house with it. It's definitely worth its weight in gold. It's cool how you can scratch it with a tree limb, or whatever, and it'll basically self-heal over time.

I just got mine in the mail and applied it today. It says it will take 2-3 days to work out the imperfections. So far it looks pretty good. More input to come later. :D

PS Foarm or not to Foarm is the next question. Does this case come in black? I seen some pictures posted on another site in April 2007.

http://www.gpslodge.com/archives/010706.php

I might look into a camera case of some sorts versus the Foarm case for total storage protection when I am not using the gps. What do you think?

Edited by bubnme

We have 'em on our 60csx', CJ's Blackberry, my cell and her Ipod.

Got them on our cameras too.

CJ's real careful putting them on (I'm all thumbs .) Never had a wrinkle in anything.

You THINK they're expensive until you hit the plastic screen once. Then you realize it was worth it.

That lifetime warrenty is for real too ! I got bug spray on my gps' and it shriveled/melted right off the screen. Explained what happened. Figured I voided the warranty.

Shieldzone sent me another, with no questions !

We order a screen protector same time we get something with a scratcheable window now.

The video looked pretty good so I am wondering if this is a good purchase versus buying a case for a Garmin Etrex Vista HCX?

http://www.shieldzone.com/

I saw this ad and was interested but a friend says it is just like the shield for his sons Nintendo DS. So i went to Target Dept. Stores and bought a pack of 2 for 10 dollars and paid no shipping. I just had to trim a little for one to fit my GPSMAP 60CSX.