Ammo Cans Locked?

patty556

I am not really new but I heard about locking ammo cans. Why would some one do that? Please will some one answer my confusion? :ph34r:

Thanks

Patty556

Sometimes it's part of a Puzzle or Mystery cache. Have a look at GC17EY0. The keys for the locked cache are travel bugs. I think it makes for a very interesting twist to the game.

Cheers! :ph34r:

Thanks for Clearing it up for me. That kind of cache sounds cool I might want to hide on of them. :ph34r:

Patty556

Great!

I've seen locked ammo cans where you have numbers to solve the combination. I've seen them with the key hidden nearby, and I've seen a lock that instead of numbers, it was letters so a word solved the combination. It was a 5-stage multi cache, and each stage gave you the coordinates to the next stage and a letter for a 5 letter word that opened the lock. All were fun caches!

Thanks for Clearing it up for me. That kind of cache sounds cool I might want to hide on of them. :)

Patty556

Great!

I've seen locked ammo cans where you have numbers to solve the combination. I've seen them with the key hidden nearby, and I've seen a lock that instead of numbers, it was letters so a word solved the combination. It was a 5-stage multi cache, and each stage gave you the coordinates to the next stage and a letter for a 5 letter word that opened the lock. All were fun caches!

:)Word-Lock......I have three of them here in Yuma, AZ area. the biggest concern with this lock to much plastic (the letter rolls).....plastic does not do well here in the desert southwest....... :)

LOOK HERE

Edited by GIDEON-X