Mustang Horse Geocoin

E.caballus

Thanks everyone for your feedback and encouragement. Discussed a bit with C&P and will probably keep the American Mustang where it is but move e.caballus (corrected spelling) to under the grass area. Can't find a better place for the tracking number unfortunately. Might also change the running horse rim to raised lettering (right now its recessed).

It's almost there! Very exciting :D:D

Thanks everyone for your feedback and encouragement. Discussed a bit with C&P and will probably keep the American Mustang where it is but move e.caballus (corrected spelling) to under the grass area. Can't find a better place for the tracking number unfortunately. Might also change the running horse rim to raised lettering (right now its recessed).

It's almost there! Very exciting :D:laughing:

My recommendation would be to keep the horse rim recessed - will keep more of the detail.

:D

My recommendation would be to keep the horse rim recessed - will keep more of the detail.

:)

Thanks for the recommendation. Yes, the rim with the little running horses will stay recessed and the little running horses will be raised as it currently is. I'm thinking that the rim with the lettering RUNNING FREE.... (side with the big running horse) might look better with raised lettering/recessed rim? And possibly add a different color fill that will match each metal. Since this is our first coin, it's hard to visualize how dieart translated into the actual coin would look - appreciate all suggestions/guidance.

It's almost there! Very exciting :):)

Coin is looking good! :lol:

Since you're going through C&P, I know they have lots of experience by now with engraving on the edge of the coin (as a bunch of the ones I received recently were done that way, with the gc blurb and number on the edge)

Not sure if that alters the minting price, but it would be one way to remove the distraction from under the horse.

Coin is looking good! :anibad:

Since you're going through C&P, I know they have lots of experience by now with engraving on the edge of the coin (as a bunch of the ones I received recently were done that way, with the gc blurb and number on the edge)

Not sure if that alters the minting price, but it would be one way to remove the distraction from under the horse.

Ah, that's a thought! Now that you mention it, I just got OshnDoc/C&P's Time & Space and they do edge text. The C&P webpage says it requires an extra die, so I assume the cost will go up, but I'll definitely ask them.

Samples are at C&P!

c4b8e817-4d2e-4845-ae9d-509835b550bf.jpg

Finishes are:

Antique Silver, Antique Bronze

Two tone polished gold with nickel horses, Satin Nickel

Not exactly sure when the pre-sale will be, but hopefully soon.

Heartfelt thanks go to Elyssa at C&P and to all the folks here who have given suggestions that greatly improved this coin from the initial conceptual sketch. I greatly appreciate all the advice though we couldn't incorporate all due to cost and space considerations.

BTW, somehow the photos show the field on the back rather brownish (at least on my monitor) but Elyssa says it's more of a dark olive green.

Edited by E.caballus

I may have to get one of these now that I saw these wild horses yesterday near GC18JB8.

84ba3287-237b-4cb6-a1b0-416a229d7f10.jpg

Wow, I wish I lived somewhere where I could see wild horses! Around here in the preserves in the foothills, I've only seen the wild deer and turkeys and occasional coyote. Guess I should be glad I have not seen the occasional mountain lion.

Regarding the coin: Glad folks like it :laughing: C&P mentioned May-ish for the pre-sale. I will be getting some for trades also.

No promises, but it looks like we *might* be able to get a custom icon. :drama:

In anticipation of that, I am looking for an icon. Winner will get a trade-only version (antique silver with polished gold horses). Please post here and/or email me and I'll work with C&P to select the winner.

My herd came galloping in this afternoon :):):angry::) I've tried to send some emails regarding trades but I think some might have been eaten by spam filters. If we have a trade in progress for them and you haven't heard from me, please send me your address via regular email.

As my daughter is your typical 11yr old, she adores horses...so I've begun a mission....to buy and trade for as many horse related coins as I can for her.

What is the best way to get one of each of these?

Ah, sounds familiar :):)

Unfortunately, looks like C&P just sold out of the extra inventory they had. I have a few for trades and someone just told me they found one on ebay.

Are you aware of the other horse coins? I can think of a few (some which may be hard to acquire) and I'm sure other folks know of others:

Run for the Roses & the Carousel Horses by Cinemaboxers

Race for Cache by ReydelRoble

Horses Around the World by uktimjones (still available for sale/presale at Cointracking.com)

various Texas coins

FlyingV's

MustangJoni's

Pathfinders

etc.

And I can't remember the name of one in the shape of a horseshoe with a draft horse picture, nor one with a bucking bronco on it.

Happy hunting :D

Hello again,

I've been pondering the possibility of doing a remint and offering the nickel with black nickel horses as an LE of 50 max rather than only 5 for auctioning for fund raising. We have not sold any yet, so hopefully no one minds this possible change of direction. They would still be a fund raiser to help with Tank's medical bills. The other 50 (min) would be split into possibly antique copper and a small number of the previous 4 finishes sold by C&P.

Actual nickel with black nickel:

752ab8c1-2971-4e22-a692-63f01681a598.jpg

Link to the previous 4 finishes sold by C&P.

Antique silver, antique bronze on top row.

Gold with nickel horses, satin nickel on bottom row.

Regular finishes would be $10, the N/BN for Tank would be $15. Shipping would be $2.75 for the first coin (with tracking), $0.50 each additional.

Please send an email to me at geocchr AT yahoo DOT com (not my normal email) with what you are interested in - I'm new to this, so do not know how to set up a reservation page. I understand from other threads that not all reservations are actually purchased, but please be about 90% certain that you will actually buy what you reserve. If there is enough interest, I will proceed with a remint.

Thanks.

Hilda (of e.caballus team)

Sorry to bring up this old topic, but will this one be made again? I would love to buy one

Sorry, no re-mint but I might be able to find one. Is there a particular finish you are interested in? And I definitely have a few of the trade-only finish left for trade if you have a trading list.

Sorry to bring up this old topic, but will this one be made again? I would love to buy one

Sorry, no re-mint but I might be able to find one. Is there a particular finish you are interested in? And I definitely have a few of the trade-only finish left for trade if you have a trading list.

wich finish do you have left? i'm sorry i don't have any for a trading list yet, i'm only starting a collection

thx