Christmas Cointest

USA 45

The Ultimate Sacrifice coins up for the first 5 people who can answer the question about Photo.

1. Artist

2.Location

3. Year this one was put on.

4.And Name of it whole prodject.

Send answers by email please

Rock2.jpg

[/img]

Edited by USA 45

It is certainly quite the work of art. Best part is, nobody (save one dimwit) has defaced it in the time it has been up. Quite a contest, thanks for putting it on and giving me a chance to beat my brain into submission to remember where I had seen that rock before!

Really?! Thank you!

Edited by NeverSummer

If you are keeping this coin for your collection that is fine. But if you have a special soldier from 2001 to now I can do a card IN Memory Of. for you with their picture and information on it to attatch to this coin which is shaped like a dog tag. Also I will put a soldier out from your state here in ohio. Please let lme know Thanks Congrat's Winners USA 45 :laughing:

You can find your state here with the Soldiers

http://projects.washingtonpost.com/fallen/states/

Edited by USA 45

If you are keeping this coin for your collection that is fine. But if you have a special soldier from 2001 to now I can do a card IN Memory Of. for you with thier picture and information on it to attatch to this coin which is shaped like a dog tag. Also I will put a soldier out from your state here in ohio. Please let lme know Thanks Congrat's Winners USA 45 :lol:

Oh wow, that is really keeping with the spirit. The rock painting is quite wonderful :laughing:

I must say that USA45 does a great job on these coins!

Yesterday we had the priviledge of receiving two of them, one for us and one to release with a soldier's picture and information on it, laminated, "riveted" and in another plastic holder. It's an honor to be able to release it here on this side of the pond!

The one we received for our collection just doesn't seem right to keep in the collection, so we're trying to decide if we want to put a photo of my grandfather, who is still alive, but landed in Normandy the day after D-Day, or a Swedish soldier who has been killed in NATO service recently.

Noble cause and a really nice, simple, elegant coin that speaks volumes in spite of it's simplicity!

Oh, and in case anyone is wondering, this is not just a travel tag with the writing and graphic printed on it. The graphic is engraved and there is a thin enamel in it and it's very, very nice!

Incredible job and committment, USA45!

salute.gif

Naomi :laughing:

I must say that USA45 does a great job on these coins!

Yesterday we had the priviledge of receiving two of them, one for us and one to release with a soldier's picture and information on it, laminated, "riveted" and in another plastic holder. It's an honor to be able to release it here on this side of the pond!

The one we received for our collection just doesn't seem right to keep in the collection, so we're trying to decide if we want to put a photo of my grandfather, who is still alive, but landed in Normandy the day after D-Day, or a Swedish soldier who has been killed in NATO service recently.

Noble cause and a really nice, simple, elegant coin that speaks volumes in spite of it's simplicity!

Oh, and in case anyone is wondering, this is not just a travel tag with the writing and graphic printed on it. The graphic is engraved and there is a thin enamel in it and it's very, very nice!

Incredible job and committment, USA45!

salute.gif

Naomi :(

I thank You Naomi, I'm glad you like the coin. I really had a ball doing this late night. I wondered if I would enjoy it as much as everyone else does. Only thing that some people just guess and never posted just emails.,but they did'nt have the correct answers. But it sure was fun . Thanks again ,enjoy USA 45

1. Artist Ray "Bubba" Sorenson II

2.Location Greenfield, Iowa

3. Year this one was put on. 2003

4.And Name of it whole project. "Freedom Rock"

(edit to keep down the confusion) :(

A TS (Traveling Soldier) has been activated here in Ohio for

Pfc. Joseph A. Jeffries

here is his link. Also yours will be in the mail by Saturday, Thanks USA 45

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.as...3b-8d2efbfc76ea

If you are keeping this coin for your collection that is fine. But if you have a special soldier from 2001 to now I can do a card IN Memory Of. for you with thier picture and information on it to attatch to this coin which is shaped like a dog tag. Also I will put a soldier out from your state here in ohio. Please let lme know Thanks Congrat's Winners USA 45 :(

Oh wow, that is really keeping with the spirit. The rock painting is quite wonderful :D

Didn't Realize Who You Were , Thanks

A TS (Traveling Soldier) has been activated here in Ohio for

Sgt. Corey J. Aultz

here is his link. Thanks USA 45

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=1387370

These are just so special... I am enjoying seeing your list of who you are releasing the tags for!

I swear, when you guys get your tags and see them you're going to have a REAL hard time keeping them in your collection and not setting them free... the meaning behind them are awesome!

I may not support this war we are in, however I fully support and stand behind the soldiers who are there serving, no matter what country they are from! They deserve all our support!

These are just so special... I am enjoying seeing your list of who you are releasing the tags for!

I swear, when you guys get your tags and see them you're going to have a REAL hard time keeping them in your collection and not setting them free... the meaning behind them are awesome!

I may not support this war we are in, however I fully support and stand behind the soldiers who are there serving, no matter what country they are from! They deserve all our support!

I'm not very happy about this war either, but we are there and I do support our soldier's .

I just had 50 wheelchair throws donated by an 83 year old Lady who makes them in another town. My daughter lives a few doors down and Watches out for her. Makes sure she has plenty of food and warm. I gave her about 350 skeins of yard last year with no stings attached (Humm Is That A Pun lol ) and this is what she did. Really makes you think. I stopped using yarn when my eyes got bad. These will make everyone a little warmer. And I will be taking them to our VA Centers where a lot of this wars soldiers are in wheel chairs.

Thanks again mousekakat, And if you find a soldier you might want I will make the card and send it to you. Thanks again USA 45

Thank you for doing this project. I went to The artist's web page. My jaw just about dropped. OMG, he is So talented! :rolleyes:

TS (Traveling Soldier) has been activated here in Ohio for

Pvt. Devon J.Gibbons

here is his link. Thanks USA 45

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=1387322

Aso Staff Sgt. Christopher Bunda

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.as...6f-9e32b4eaa94a

Thanks Ever so much fairyhoney, USA 45

forthferalz

Flight Lt. Paul Martin Pardoel

http://whttp://img.geocaching.com/track/display/72ab87aa-515e-4af9-a3b1-687371148e81.jpgww.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=1387313[/img]

Edited by USA 45

Thanks again USA 45, I just went and looked through the coins you put out for our fallen Heroes, 82 so far! This is a nice way to remember them.

:unsure: God Bless You and Merry Christmas to you and your family :rolleyes:

Before I designed this coin, I had used the Groundspeak dog tags then went to our club coin so total of my TS (Traveling Soldiers) as I call them is 109 ,

God Bless you and your ,and Merry Christmas

forthferalz

Flight Lt. Paul Martin Pardoel

http://whttp://img.geocaching.com/track/di...aspx?id=1387313[/img]

I guess one forgets that there Are other countries fighting this war. Especially in the beginning.

As you can see below I have a lot more to try and get out just here in the states

Iraq

There have been 4,192 coalition deaths -- 3,887 Americans, two Australians, 173 Britons, 13 Bulgarians, one Czech, seven Danes, two Dutch, two Estonians, one Fijian, one Hungarian, 33 Italians, one Kazakh, one Korean, three Latvian, 22 Poles, three Romanians, five Salvadoran, four Slovaks, 11 Spaniards, two Thai and 18 Ukrainians -- in the war in Iraq as of December 7, 2007,

At least 28,629 U.S. troops have been wounded in action

One U.S. soldier is missing and three others are currently listed as captured as of July 2, 2007.

Afghanistan

There have been 730 coalition deaths -- 464 Americans, four Australians, 85 Britons, 73 Canadians, one Czech, seven Danes, 12 Dutch, two Estonians, one Finn, 12 French, 22 Germans, 10 Italians, three Norwegians, one Pole, two Portuguese, five Romanians, one South Korean, 23 Spaniards, two Swedes -- in the war on terror as of December 7, 2007

Afghanistan. At least 1,806 U.S. personnel have been wounded in action,

Arline,

Can you make me a card for one of the Danes, Norwegians or Finns and send it to me for my tag, please?

Thanks,

Naomi :)

I will mail your card monday as we have freezing rain here now UGGGG :)

I had to contact Groundspeak as the year is wrong when it was released, maybe they can fix it

Also it was released the same day he passed.

SSG Tomas Bergqvist

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=1387257