180 degree bug - yet again...

KiwiLegend

I'm going to try yet again to get some progress on getting this bug fixed.

It has been there for years. I have reported it several times over those years. I have never had what I would consider to be an intelligent response.

It is a major pain for anyone here in New Zealand, or visiting here.

The problem - any PQ where the search circle crosses the 180 degree line returns ZERO caches.

To replicate the problem - Set up a PQ for all caches within a 120 km radius of GCMGWW

You will probably get something like 15 caches (it's a pretty remote area)

Now increase the distance to 130 km. You will get 'none found'. Any distance greater than this will return no caches. By increasing the radius from 120 to 130km, the circle now crosses the 180 degree line.

This is an extreme example - using the most Easterly cache in NZ to get a small distance - but it affect many typical queries. It continually catches new players who are unaware, and trying to set up PQs for the first time.

I appreciate that the programming to do a query properly 'over the line' is difficult. But surely it must be possible to set up the search to simply ignore the other side of the line, and only find those on the same side? That would work fine for us here - and probably anywhere else near to either side of the line too.

We have this bug documented, Kiwilegend (with your original description, actually). Right now it is scheduled for a early January release, though of course that date is subject to change based on what happens between now and then. The important point is that we plan to have this fixed very soon. I'm sorry for the frustration.

We have this bug documented, Kiwilegend (with your original description, actually). Right now it is scheduled for a early January release, though of course that date is subject to change based on what happens between now and then. The important point is that we plan to have this fixed very soon. I'm sorry for the frustration.

Wow! Thanks. That definitely counts as an intelligent response.