Email notification when trackable is marked missing?

Dgwphotos

That would be nice, I had one come up missing in GB and it was marked by cache owner it was gone. Then a month later I think it was ,it saidit was back in same cache.

So I wonder if that was done if they can add auto on there to send email?

Since that time I check at least once a week.

This seems like pretty straight forward thing to program.

I think there is a misconception by most people that it already does happen. I asked one cacher that I know after they marked one of my bugs missing (after noticing weeks later) why he had not told me, his response was something along the lines of "you didn't get an email notification when I marked it as missing?".

If not programmable maybe changing the message you receive when you mark something as missing to post a note on the bug page to notify the bug owner/watchers.

I asked one cacher that I know after they marked one of my bugs missing (after noticing weeks later) why he had not told me ...
I'm curious. What would you have done with timely notification?

Nothing much different, but I would have known. I try to go through my trackables every few weeks. I don't keep a separate db, as some I know do, but I do make note of where my active ones are. When I find one marked missing I don't know when. Did I miss it the last couple time through, did it just happen? Maybe it is just curiosity that is driving my want to know this.

Sounds like a good idea. I'll put this one down on paper for when we have time.

Any further thought given to this idea?

Along the same lines...

Can anything be done to letting a TB owner know when a cache with their TB in is Archived ?

Especially if the cache owner doesn't send an email to the TB owner.

(Other than TB owner putting every cache with their TB's in, on Watchlist)

Edited by Bear and Ragged

Sounds like a good idea. I'll put this one down on paper for when we have time.

Any further thought given to this idea?

Along the same lines...

Can anything be done to letting a TB owner know when a cache with their TB in is Archived ?

Especially if the cache owner doesn't send an email to the TB owner.

(Other than TB owner putting every cache with their TB's in, on Watchlist)

i have a newer thread about this....

I asked one cacher that I know after they marked one of my bugs missing (after noticing weeks later) why he had not told me ...
I'm curious. What would you have done with timely notification?

Retrieved it and dropped it into one of our own archived caches, now that the TB Burial Grounds have all been closed. Call it "closure", if you want to put a label on it. Call me a fussbudget, if you want to put a label on me :D:laughing: :laughing: