Coin Idea

Dgwphotos

Well if someone designs one, we could club together to pay for the mint.

Have our own names on them like geo jellies or our own colours like the geo scooters. (i've ordered some of the scooters)

i'd deffinately be interested in a personalised batch of these and i'd help with some of the logistics if required? (nothing artistic)

Looking at my Rolleiflex twin lens, I think it would look nifty in coinage form. It could be two parts with a removable lens cap.

Or maybe a sliding two-part coin like a Minox.

Dare I ask what the tie-in to geocaching would be? :anicute:

I would think the tie in would be that while we are out Geocaching taking in the brilliance of Nature we tend to capture such moments with our C A M E R A S!!! And I had no idea that Hannah Montana Geocached?! Does she do it as Hannah or as Miley? hmmm

Looking at my Rolleiflex twin lens, I think it would look nifty in coinage form. It could be two parts with a removable lens cap.

Or maybe a sliding two-part coin like a Minox.

Dare I ask what the tie-in to geocaching would be? :anicute:

I would think the tie in would be that while we are out Geocaching taking in the brilliance of Nature we tend to capture such moments with our C A M E R A S!!! And I had no idea that Hannah Montana Geocached?! Does she do it as Hannah or as Miley? hmmm

I agree... favorite part of logs are the pictures. I know I would have found a few more caches today had I not broken out the camera so much ;-)

As a former Navy Photographer's Mate, when I saw this thread, I thought of a coin in the shape of a Speed Graphic. It is a 4x5 (film Size) press camera you see in the older movies (i.e. the '40's ). This was the first camera the Navy gave us to use in school, and for a short time, I had one of my own to use (maybe again if I get a dark room set up)

I would love to help in producing a camera coin, just let me know.

As a former Navy Photographer's Mate, when I saw this thread, I thought of a coin in the shape of a Speed Graphic. It is a 4x5 (film Size) press camera you see in the older movies (i.e. the '40's ). This was the first camera the Navy gave us to use in school, and for a short time, I had one of my own to use (maybe again if I get a dark room set up)

I would love to help in producing a camera coin, just let me know.

I've got one of those too. Great camera.

Guys,

This idea has been giving me nightmares! I am putting together a proposal for this coin and i will post a picture when i get something!

Thanks

Laura

lyonden_ut and I are working on some ideas as well.

MAYBE, there will be a series B) one Might be nice with "pictures" one side. - Not real ones, sort of like 3d drawings or something B) !

Well if someone designs one, we could club together to pay for the mint.

Have our own names on them like geo jellies or our own colours like the geo scooters. (i've ordered some of the scooters)

i'd deffinately be interested in a personalised batch of these and i'd help with some of the logistics if required? (nothing artistic)

A group project that would allow each member to include a Photo of their own would be great. I'm not a huge fan of the coins with Photo's on them(in general) but this would be nice for many people to get in on. Are the vendors listening, will there be a race to come up with the coin?

Edited by WRITE SHOP ROBERT

lol...I worked on a design for a camera style coin about 8 months ago but never finished it. Wasnt a box type camera but more of a up to date digital. Not sure i even have the artwork still on here.

Jayman

This would be an ideal format to allow each individual include their own photo, in the screen section of the camera.

Coinswag was doing that with their GeoPix coin. Not sure if it's still going on though.