Don't go looking for this cache in the near future

DutchBoy

I noticed that this cache is hidden very near the Westroads Mall, where the shooting occured in Omaha. Stay away from looking for this cache for awhile.

GCVDWJ

I would think it would be quite safe now, what with all the police and muggle passersby.

That's actually what I saw in the OP...to stay away BECAUSE of all the police and muggle passerby. No danger to geocachers, but the cache might be at risk or alert other people of why that person is lurking around the lamppost over there.

Edit to add: if the owner is worried about it, they can disable the cache temporarily.

Edited by KoosKoos

The entire mall and surrounding area is closed today and will reopen tomorrow. While closed, there is no particularly good parking for the cache, and the fact that (according to the news) the entire mall is surrounded by police tape would likely deter people seeking it anyway. When the mall reopens tomorrow, I assume there will be no problems finding the cache.

Edited by carleenp