Logbook Stamps

Moonstar27

Hello geocaching world, I have been geocaching for a little over two months and I have noticed the different unique stamps in the logbooks. I have a idea for one but I dont know how to get it. I was just wondering you custom make them at home or do you order one? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello geocaching world, I have been geocaching for a little over two months and I have noticed the different unique stamps in the logbooks. I have a idea for one but I dont know how to get it. I was just wondering you custom make them at home or do you order one? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I got mine at Office Depot, its only about a 1/4" (round) so fits well into most logbooks. They can place just about any graphic/text onto a stamp. It was about $14 or so, but lasts quite a long time.

O-Mega

I had my stamp made at a shop in my town that specializes in different kinds of stamps. They make Self Inking Stamps, both double and single action. Also rubber and wooden stamps that require an ink pad. Depending on how much you want to spend the choice is yours. I went with a 3/4x3/4 square Self Inking single action stamp with premium ink. The single action works smoother and the premium ink will give me about 4,000 stamps in my size, but it is a $5 upgrade from the basic stamp. I basically drew up my logo and they scanned it on the computer and it cut it out. I have a cool Yoda design with him holding a GPSr in one hand and a lightsaber in the other with my user name on top. It cost me $19.95, it was worth it! :laughing:

I get mine from the local printer. The big office supply chains can get them too. There are lots of places online to order from also.

I've been using one since sometime in 2004. I got the idea from another local cacher who uses one- Genius Loci. I really need it too- I was once writing the coords down for a stage in a multi cache. The other cacher I was with saw what I wrote and asked what it was supposed to be. When I told him he said they didn't look anything like numbers. "Now you know why I use a stamp to log caches." was my reply. :laughing:

The idea of stamping essentially comes from letterboxing. Letterboxers are encouraged to make their own stamps. It's not hard. I did it using a pencil eraser and I do not have an ounce of artistic ability.

Here are instructions.

Here's mine.

2115600722_840b0c3eec.jpg

To transfer the image to the eraser I print out the image, cut it out, turn it face down on the eraser and dab a little acetone on the paper to transfer the image to the eraser. Then I start carving with a speedball linoleum cutter and leave the lines that will create the image when inked.

I use the exacto knife to take out the small areas. Some people only use an exacto knife to carve.