2008 Alaska Geocoins Now On Sale

Ladybug Kids

I received my gold/silver today and it was worth the wait. Only problem now is I can't get it activated. :rolleyes:

It's possible you are mixing up zeros with letter Os and ones with letter Is. None of the 2008 Alaska tracking numbers have the letter O or the letter I in them. If you continue to have trouble activating the coin, please send the tracking number via PM or e-mail to coinsales at geocachealaska.org and I'll see if the mint made an engraving error.

I received my gold/silver today and it was worth the wait. Only problem now is I can't get it activated. B)

It's possible you are mixing up zeros with letter Os and ones with letter Is. None of the 2008 Alaska tracking numbers have the letter O or the letter I in them. If you continue to have trouble activating the coin, please send the tracking number via PM or e-mail to coinsales at geocachealaska.org and I'll see if the mint made an engraving error.

Nope no 0's or O's to mix up. It is very crisp engraving. I sent an email to oakcoins yesterday but haven't heard back yet. I will send you a copy of what I sent to them. Thank you for your help.

I received my gold/silver today and it was worth the wait. Only problem now is I can't get it activated. B)

Nope no 0's or O's to mix up. It is very crisp engraving. I sent an email to oakcoins yesterday but haven't heard back yet. I will send you a copy of what I sent to them. Thank you for your help.

Got your note this morning. Glad we were able to solve the problem.

It's possible the activation codes for the second run of gold relief coins did not get uploaded. I resent the list to Oakcoins in case that is what happened. In the meantime, if anyone else has trouble activating their coins, send me your tracking numbers (to coinsales at geocachealaska.org) and I can help you out.

I will be leaving shortly until Sunday night for a backcountry skijoring trip, but I will get back to you shortly after my return.

There are still plenty of first run bronze and silver coins and matching pins.

Edited by Ladybug Kids

It's possible the activation codes for the second run of gold relief coins did not get uploaded. I resent the list to Oakcoins in case that is what happened. In the meantime, if anyone else has trouble activating their coins, send me your tracking numbers (to coinsales at geocachealaska.org) and I can help you out.

We have just loaded the second batch of codes. We might have misplaced the file for the second batch and Mike just sent us the new file.

Please check again.

Thanks.

We have just loaded the second batch of codes. We might have misplaced the file for the second batch and Mike just sent us the new file.

Doh! (Where's the blushing frog emoticon?) Seems I sent the tracking numbers to the Alaska Mint to engrave on the second run of gold relief coins, but neglected to send the same file to Oakcoins. My apologies to everyone involved.

Also, I sent double orders to some cachers (two of whom have contacted me) who were backordered for gold relief coins and/or pins. The mistakes were mine, but it'd be great to work with more honest cachers to straighten things out if there are additional double shipments out there (not saying there are, since the two I'm aware of caught me by surprise). (Note to self...have ALL geobling in hand before posting for sale...too much extra work to accurately track split and back orders).

There are still plenty of first run bronze and silver coins as well as matching pins.

Many thanks to those who have helped make this a successful project so far!

Edited by Ladybug Kids
...it'd be great to work with more honest cachers to straighten things out if there are additional double shipments out there...

:laughing: What is it with some people?? Like getting stuff for 'free' huh? :(mutter mumble grumble grrr

But thanks for all your hard work - these coins are beautiful and my two tone is the pride of my collection. On the 'up' side, at least it wasn't your solid gold coins that have been double shipped :(

...it'd be great to work with more honest cachers to straighten things out if there are additional double shipments out there...

:laughing: What is it with some people?? Like getting stuff for 'free' huh? :(mutter mumble grumble grrr

Actually, I'm thrilled that those who contacted me did so. I apparently kluged the backorder part of this project badly enough, I'd have never known doubles went out if they hadn't contacted me. Cachers are the bestest!

The opposite situation (no order shipped) is apparently possible, too...if you ordered more than ten days or so ago and have not received your coins, drop me a note and I'll check on the actual shipping date of your order.

Edited by Ladybug Kids

I got mine a few days ago...no double shipment here! BEAUTIFUL coin, the gold on the silver really makes this coin stunning!! My only wish is that the guy on the back were also gold reliefed to bring him out more, but that's neither here nor there!!

I'll watch for another coin and let you know if one comes!! Those were pretty expensive coins to have this happen with, hope there weren't too many mistakes made!!

You did a GREAT job in my eyes!! THANKS for the great coin!!

mail sent (but I'm not worried yet - mail is late due to the holidays)

Reply to your note sent.

All second run gold relief coins and backordered pins shipped on December 22. All new orders received after December 22 have been shipped within three days of receipt.

Edited by Ladybug Kids

I got mine a few days ago...no double shipment here! BEAUTIFUL coin, the gold on the silver really makes this coin stunning!! My only wish is that the guy on the back were also gold reliefed to bring him out more, but that's neither here nor there!!

Good feedback. Gold relief on the second side would add a bit to the cost of the coin, but it is easily doable. In fact, the form for doing the sourdough cacher in gold already exists. A sample coin was done in 2005 with the moose in gold on one side and the cacher in gold on the other.

I'll watch for another coin and let you know if one comes!! Those were pretty expensive coins to have this happen with, hope there weren't too many mistakes made!!

So far, so good...I haven't heard from any other cachers yet.

You did a GREAT job in my eyes!! THANKS for the great coin!!

You're welcome! ;) Edited by Ladybug Kids

Reply to your note sent.

All second run gold relief coins and backordered pins shipped on December 22. All new orders received after December 22 have been shipped within three days of receipt.

I just received an e-mail from a German cacher. The coins that shipped to him on December 8 arrived yesterday, so it is apparently taking some packages three weeks to make the hop across the pond. Interesting, because other packages to Australia made it in less than a week.

Reply to your note sent.

I just received an e-mail from a German cacher. The coins that shipped to him on December 8 arrived yesterday, so it is apparently taking some packages three weeks to make the hop across the pond. Interesting, because other packages to Australia made it in less than a week.

Yes they did! :anicute: Thanks for a gorgeous collectible!

Looks like Gold might hit $1000 an oz. Seems like those who bought the Gold Coins made a good purchase!

Gold hit $1009 an once:

March 14 (Bloomberg) -- Gold surged to a record $1,009 an ounce in New York as the Bear Stearns Cos. bailout and a plunging dollar increased demand for the precious metal. Silver also gained.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...mp;refer=canada

I wonder if the dollar will fall so low that these coins would soon be worth $2,000!!!

We're back from our road trip and got all orders received as of this morning packaged and shipped.

Twenty-five bronze coins and four silver coins from the first run remain along with bronze and silver geopins. You can still order them at the GeocacheAlaska! website.

Due to decreased sales this year, we won't be making full second runs on these coins, so the current mintages are 500 bronze and 100 silver (along with the 100 gold relief and 10 gold that are already sold out). I anticipate that at most we'll mint 100 more bronze and 25 more silver, but that depends on demand during the next few months.

Edited by Ladybug Kids