Paying for coins with Paypal

mousekakat

Ok... unless there is a better way I officially hate paypal.

I normally put the email of the person I'm sending the money to where I'm supposed to and then click to transfer funds from my bank account to that person. It takes a minimum of 3 days, if not more, from my American account that I have.

Then there is the Swedish way we have to do it here, where Paypal gives us a special number we use to designate the funds from our account to them. We have to go in through our Swedish account, use that number to transfer funds to their account, then we have to transfer the money from paypal to the person once it's received. This lovely method takes 4 to 6 BUSINESS days!

I hate how long it takes, is there a better or a faster way, am I doing this the slow way, is there something else I should be doing?

HELP!

Naomi :wub:

For transferring money I am thinking Paypal is you main option. I am starting to see more and more people starting to use Google Checkout as an alternative for paying for items.

So now that you have brought up the word Paypal, the biggest thing I hate about Paypal is the fact they are owned by Ebay!!! Is this not a conflict of interest, perhaps Monopoly?

Lets face it the cost to use these services it getting more and more expensive. It is bad enough that Ebay socks it to you with a listing fee, then a final value fee (not to mention all the other fees such as photo gallery or reserved), then to boot you are charged ae fee when money is sent to you via Paypal, yep you gotit right more money in Ebays pocket!! It costs you a couple bucks in fees just to sell a coin!!!

Maybe Google is listening, maybe they can step up to the plate and create an alternative?

It takes a minimum of 3 days, if not more, from my American account that I have.

wow!

whenever i send money thru paypal, it takes less than a day.. i don't know why it would take 3 days from your american account

Naomi, I tend to agree with Tasia here. I am guessing the money is posted to the other persons account instantaneously, where you might actually be seeing the delay is the time it takes for your bank to withdraw it from your account.

An alternative would be to run a balance in your Paypal account, this would eliminate the delay. The irony of this is the fact that it will take that 2 to 3 days for your bank to transfer the money to Paypal.

For transferring money I am thinking Paypal is you main option. I am starting to see more and more people starting to use Google Checkout as an alternative for paying for items.

So now that you have brought up the word Paypal, the biggest thing I hate about Paypal is the fact they are owned by Ebay!!! Is this not a conflict of interest, perhaps Monopoly?

Lets face it the cost to use these services it getting more and more expensive. It is bad enough that Ebay socks it to you with a listing fee, then a final value fee (not to mention all the other fees such as photo gallery or reserved), then to boot you are charged ae fee when money is sent to you via Paypal, yep you gotit right more money in Ebays pocket!! It costs you a couple bucks in fees just to sell a coin!!!

Maybe Google is listening, maybe they can step up to the plate and create an alternative?

There does seem to be an awful lot of fees going out for even a single transaction. I wouldn't mind seeing another service jump in a nd compete as well! Maybe if there were a few others out there doing this, the fees would come down to reality!!

OT....not sure how it works in other countries Naomi....sorry!

Edited by Rockin Roddy

Well, there are alternatives, but they're just not as widely used, so I can't imagine they'd be any better. If you consider that a check takes even longer to clear, and sending cash isn't safe...I think a few days isn't really all that horrible a wait. :wub:

Some great alternatives, but I do believe you hit the nail on the head. They are not widely used, in fact the only one on that list I have seen offered on Ebay I believe is Bidpay. So alternatives yes but finding someone to except this service is a different story.

I hate how long it takes, is there a better or a faster way, am I doing this the slow way, is there something else I should be doing?

HELP!

Naomi :)

Naomi,

This is what ya do... Just endorse those paychecks and forward them on to me for safekeeping!! :wub:

This way, you avoid all the fees :) and your payments are instantaneous! :)

~Jim

HELP!

Naomi :D

Naomi,

This is what ya do... Just endorse those paychecks and forward them on to me for safekeeping!! :santa:

This way, you avoid all the fees B) and your payments are instantaneous! :D

~Jim

Oh SURE...enable the addict!!! :santa::lol:

I was going to say the same thing AG said. If you carry a balance or use Credit Card the payments go right through. If the payments come from your checking account then they wait for the check to clear.

Well, at least here in the states. :-)

This message has been brought to you buy the Department of Redundancy Department.

P.S.

Another option may be similar to what Cinema Boxer said. If you have someone in the US you trust maybe you could setup some way that they take care of making your payments for you and you reimburse them.

Edited by Eric K

I was going to say the same thing AG said. If you carry a balance or use Credit Card the payments go right through. If the payments come from your checking account then they wait for the check to clear.

This message has been brought to you buy the Department of Redundancy Department.

P.S.

Another option may be similar to what Cinema Boxer said. If you have someone in the US you trust maybe you could setup some way that they take care of making your payments for you and you reimburse them.

OhhhhOhhhh....PICK ME Naomi!! I PROMISE to only buy coins you want (unless I see one I want)!! :santa::santa:

Edited by Rockin Roddy

P.S.

Hi Naomi!

You are more then welcome to send me a couple hundred dollars cash, no checks or money orders that can be traced please. And I promise to do with it exactly what you want. You know Santa :santa: would not do you wrong! :santa:

wow!

whenever i send money thru paypal, it takes less than a day.. i don't know why it would take 3 days from your american account

It is from an American account, my checking account, but it's a Credit Union.

Well, there are alternatives, but they're just not as widely used, so I can't imagine they'd be any better. If you consider that a check takes even longer to clear, and sending cash isn't safe...I think a few days isn't really all that horrible a wait. :santa:

I don't even have the option of checks, I haven't had a checkbook in close to 10 years, lol! It's not a horrible wait for me, but I always am concerned about the person who is expecting the money!

Naomi,

This is what ya do... Just endorse those paychecks and forward them on to me for safekeeping!! :D

This way, you avoid all the fees :santa: and your payments are instantaneous! :lol:

~Jim

HAH! That implies I actually receive a paycheck, which is something in my dreams at this time, lol!

P.S.

OhhhhOhhhh....PICK ME Naomi!! I PROMISE to only buy coins you want (unless I see one I want)!! B):D

Ummm... Roddy, you been nipping at the eggnog a bit early this year, lol? :D

Eric, I log in, then click on send money or add funds and take the money from my checking account. I wish I could carry a balance! I don't know how to do it with the credit card, I do have an atm/debit card attached to that account, and the account and card are both verified, as far as I know, but I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong?

Hi Naomi!

You are more then welcome to send me a couple hundred dollars cash, no checks or money orders that can be traced please. And I promise to do with it exactly what you want. You know Santa :D would not do you wrong! B)

Randy, you been hanging out with Roddy and hitting that eggnog, too?

Gentlemen, don't you guys know that I am one BROKE woman, lol! I ain't got money, just a mamma who on rare occasion sends me a few bucks to my US bank account and a husband who, when we have it, helps me with a few bucks here and there to buy things in the US we want or need.... you're barking up the wrong tree looking for dinero from me, lol!

*shakes head and laughs...*

Nuts! All of you'se!

Naomi :D

Eric, I log in, then click on send money or add funds and take the money from my checking account. I wish I could carry a balance! I don't know how to do it with the credit card, I do have an atm/debit card attached to that account, and the account and card are both verified, as far as I know, but I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong?

If you have a credit card you can 'add' it to the account. Then when you make your payments you can choose which way you want to pay and choose credit card. It will be listed as your 'backup' source of funding but you can choose to use it to make payments.

Thanks

Eric

...the biggest thing I hate about Paypal is the fact they are owned by Ebay!!! Is this not a conflict of interest, perhaps Monopoly?...

Agreed. Paypal should be owned by a bank. VisaPal or something like that. At least they know how to deal with money.

I have two paypal accounts. One for personal use. One for business. The business account for no reason I can figure takes several days to send money. The personal one does it immediatly. PayPal business pracitices and policies limiting the transfer of money get in the way of dong legitimate business. Unfortunatly they are widespread.

I don't carry a balance in my paypal account and as far as I know my payments go through right away. I used to carry a balance but tried to send money one day without funds and it went right away. It must be immediate because I purchased something on ebay the other day for a friend and they were mailing it to me within 30 minutes of payment sent.

I do have a back-up credit card on the account but never use it. I've been a member of paypal since it first came out - long before ebay got involved. Who knows if that affects it.

So far no coin vendors have said my payments are not going through right away. Unless they are just too kind to tell me. :santa:

Oh yeah - if I do chose to fund it, yup it takes 3 to 4 business days. With checks clearing almost the same day now, wonder why that is still lagging behind. :santa:

Paypal transfers (directly from your account) are shown as instant. However, If the money being used is from a separate account linked to your paypal account then it takes 3-4 days for the banks to transfer the money (this also applies to echecks). That's the difference in time frame.

International exchanges take 4-6 days because the money is going from one foriegn bank to another (I transfer between British and American accounts and it takes that long).

There isn't really a faster way to do it unless you have the whole banking system speed up their processes. :santa:

Could you get the *gasp* PayPal credit card? I got way too suspicious of PayPal having access to my checking account so I took it off. Unfortunately that made me no longer "verified", so I went ahead and got a low credit line Paypal Visa. That is now verified and the payments go through instantaneously. Just have to make sure you pay it off every month otherwise they sock you with some insane interest rates. They DO make it easy to pay off the card online. Don't know if they offer this to those with those numbered Swiss bank accounts :santa:

Well, there are alternatives, but they're just not as widely used, so I can't imagine they'd be any better. If you consider that a check takes even longer to clear, and sending cash isn't safe...I think a few days isn't really all that horrible a wait. :santa:

I don't even have the option of checks, I haven't had a checkbook in close to 10 years, lol! It's not a horrible wait for me, but I always am concerned about the person who is expecting the money!

It's not a horrible wait on this end to wait either. If I didn't trust you I wouldn't have fronted the money for you to begin with. Relax and let the banks do their thing. In the meantime get out and cache.

I use money orders and they get anywhere in the US in 3 days or less. (providing the selling company or person accepts money orders) So far I've had good luck. :(

You have to pay $$$ for a money order. I don't think anybody has stated the obvious that paying someone thru PayPal is totally FREE! At the very least, if you pay with a personal check, you still have to pay for postage. And if you pay with a credit card, you don't even have to have a PayPal account!

I also really like how PayPal handles international payments by automatically figuring out exchange rates.

Then there's always the buyer's guarantee policy. On those rare occasions, payPal has never failed to recover my funds.

:D

I use money orders and they get anywhere in the US in 3 days or less. (providing the selling company or person accepts money orders) So far I've had good luck. :(

You have to pay $$$ for a money order. I don't think anybody has stated the obvious that paying someone thru PayPal is totally FREE! At the very least, if you pay with a personal check, you still have to pay for postage. And if you pay with a credit card, you don't even have to have a PayPal account!

I also really like how PayPal handles international payments by automatically figuring out exchange rates.

Then there's always the buyer's guarantee policy. On those rare occasions, payPal has never failed to recover my funds.

:D

Paypal is only free for the sender and NOT for the person receiving the funds unless you only have a personal account. Paypal also has falied to recover my funds in one case. I got $2.04 for a $25 payment. I went to the credit card company to get the full refund.

Money orders are pretty cheap at Walmart here and you still pay postage.....

I've used paypal for ages it seems, since 2000 or 2001 anyways, because they gave me $5 to open an account. :rolleyes:

anyways, most transfers are instant, only ones i dislike are echecks which seem to take 5-7 days!

as for money orders, i will only use and or accept US postal money orders.

you buy them as the post office and mail them there, if you get one they will give you the cash for it right there, what could be easier?

oh, out of country, i would use a credit card, so no matter what you are protected and its fast.