Geocoins on other continents

Carbon Hunter

I recently recieved a coin from 3 Doxies to set free in Africa. It was her goal to have a coin of hers on all the continents at the same time.

What is your view on your coins travelling?

Where do you like them going - and where do you not like them going?

There are a fair number of coins travelling Southern Africa - but fewer in Central Africa - those tend to stick for a longer time.

I am about to release my furst coin soon. So I'm looking for some advice.

Thanks - greetings from a hot and humid Rwanda (normally Joburg in South Africa) but here on business.

Love it :) I can't afford to travel all of the places I'd like to and if I could afford it, I'd never get that amount of vacation time. It's really cool to see these things all over the globe. I have a coin in the Czech Republic, had a bug in Hungary and Romania. So exciting!! The only thing that makes it better is the pictures <_<

It is my experience that any TB/coin of mine that has made it to the other side of the pond has traveled better and more frequent than any other TB/coin that I have released. I have yet to figure out why this is occurs.

So to answer your question:

Where do you like them going: Anywhere overseas :)

Where do you not like them going: Anywhere in the US <_<:anibad:

I agree that coins in Europe tend to travel better than coins stateside do. That being said there are several people who I am sure will gladly help anyone out with coins in Europe. Fluttershy was active here and seems to be more active recently(she must have gotten settled in over there). Between her and Scaw I am sure we can get even more travelling over in Europe.

I'm happy to help release coins, too... only thing is that it's winter here in Sweden, and snow is on the ground, caching does tend to slow down, but I can still release them! My husband, also a cacher, goes on business trips to Stockholm regularly, and they are much more active there, so he can also release there, too!

Naomi :wub:

AMEN!

Love to see my coins traveling, especially overseas! I am taking a coin with those cute little pups to China in July. I took one of Pirates of the Chesapeake there last August, left it on the Great Wall, and it is now in Portugal! I also have a coin traveling (hopefully) to every state in America... it is moving slower than my coin that is trying to visit every continent (That one's already visited N America, Asia, Australia, and Europe!)

As much as I love collecting coins, I equally love the thrill of traveling vicariously with them.

I do what 3doxies does: drill the coin and add a travel tag to it along with a laminated card explaining its mission.

Good luck! Let me know when your coin's done. I'd love to trade for it or purchase one to keep and one to travel.

It is my experience that any TB/coin of mine that has made it to the other side of the pond has traveled better and more frequent than any other TB/coin that I have released. I have yet to figure out why this is occurs.

Have to agree with this. We've got some TBs & coins in Europe and others in Australia & NZ as well. So far they are all traveling much better than any released in the US.

Where do you not like them going: Anywhere in the US :):wub:

Ditto! I have had much better luck with those that went overseas. There is also a thread that lists all those willing to start tbs/coins in their countries. Check my sig for the link.

Where do you not like them going: Anywhere in the US :):wub:

Wow! I couldn't agree with you more, Damenace! :)

I have several coins travelling in Germany, and I hope that they will cross the border some day. One coin was released in New Zealand by rchdlyn and does a great job there, and another coin was released by DresselDragons for me in the USA, but this coin is marked as missing after travelling quite good for a while :laughing:

One of my GeoJellies will be released in Australia in February, and mousekakat released a TB for me in Sweden. I just love to see them travelling to places that I probably will never see in my life!

If you want, I can release your coins in Germany.

I recently recieved a coin from 3 Doxies to set free in Africa. It was her goal to have a coin of hers on all the continents at the same time.

What is your view on your coins travelling?

Where do you like them going - and where do you not like them going?

There are a fair number of coins travelling Southern Africa - but fewer in Central Africa - those tend to stick for a longer time.

I am about to release my furst coin soon. So I'm looking for some advice.

Thanks - greetings from a hot and humid Rwanda (normally Joburg in South Africa) but here on business.

I say go for it. I mainly just want my trackables to travel, that's all... Goals are fine, but realistically I just want them to travel and travel far...