?

aronnie

There is a few cache like this one that I just can't figure out

www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=e6e8c6a2-7d71-4fc8-a63b-71614bbe7f7f

Click View Map and look at the cache from Sat. view there is a parking lot to the left and behind it,I've looked down the fence line and under all the bushes to the right down to the wooden bridge whitch is over fifty feet away. there is one spot along the bank but there is so many mounds covered in tall grass that I don't know whitch one is a mound or an Ant hill and there is a bunch of them,so I haven't looked there.

Now if I could find a couple like this one then Gecaching might become a little easier and make understanding this cache a little better.

Thanks

aronnie

Edited by aronnie

I don't know that cache but it's a micro.

You appear to be relatively new to geocaching. Do you know that some micros are as small as a watch batters, smaller around then the size of your pinki fingernail? A magnet like that can be right in front of you and you are just not seeing it.

Search the forums for 'nano' and you might find some photos of these.

edited to add:

OOPS, actuially rading the listing shows it's really an altoids can, so look for a spot where that can be. But that other info is good to know about.

Edited by trainlove

First, for an altoid tin micro to be out there in a heavily populated place for over 4 years, it probably is not your typical micro hide.

I'm sure you've already gleaned what you could from the logs, but here are some things that stood out to me:

"Wasn't thinking small enough."

"thanks guys. I wasn't thinking small enough"

"After a remedial course in Altoids packaging, I returned to the field and caught this one"

"That is one neat little container"

"coords were dead-on"

"Coords were dead on which made it a near drive-by"

"first time was in right spot but thinking toooo big"

"Third micro of its kind found today" (me... apparently not THAT uncommon anymore. Perhaps it was in 2003)

"I just happened to put my hand in the right place"

"Then I started thinking about where I might hide something small in that area, and put my hand right on it!!"

"Boy was this ever a MICRO"

"Sheesh, that's not a micro cache, that's a nano cache!! The smallest one I've ever found."

Not all Altoid tins are the most common 2' by 3' size. They make a very thin 1/2' wide by about 1" long by 1/4' thick 9rough measurements). I have found this type of cache in my area. If you have looked several times and posted DNF (did not find), sometimes the owner (if you ask nicely) will send you a hint. The DNFs (at least to me) show that you at least tried. I've been stumped by difficulty 1's and 2's sometimes because I just didn't "see" the spot. Then other times I have walked right up to a "3" like there was a brilliant orange arrow pointing to its location. I think a lot of geocaching has to do with how much 'Spidey" (or is that 'Cachey') sense you have that day.

Have fun and take care,

Outspoken1

Yup look like it is actually one of those little metal altoids breath strip containers. Slightly larger than a postage stamp. They can be tough, I have found a few that were nearly in plain sight and I looked right at them without seeing them.

Anyone have a picture of one of those? I don't recall seeing them, and have never found a cache using one.

Please consult the FAQ about forum etiquette before you post your next new topic.

Create a concise subject line that adequately summarizes your topic. For example: "Ideas on a puzzle cache hide?" is more helpful than “Ideas?”

You are more likely to get accurate and thoughtful replies if you use something besides a question mark for a subject.

Edit: And I see I myself have violated one of the terms in the FAQ for chastising the OP. But still, please use something besides punctuation for a subject line!

Edited by geognerd