Crake 2007 Suncatcher

Team FIREBOY

Bought one of each, Gold and Silver. Pretty much like the gold one, not so much the silver. I don't think either one is as good as the original. Trying to decide if I should activate them and set them free or hold on to them for traders.

I bought both too, I am also trying to decide if I want to keep (activate) or keep for traders.

Did anyone buy this coin? If so, please tell me what you think. I searched the forums and could not find any discussion about it. Thanks everyone.

I did. I recieved them yesterday. They are great :D , but i do like the suncatcher 2006 more :D

I agree. I love the 2007, but the 2006 with the different translucents worked better, IMO.

Its been a while since I've been in the forums. I didn't really talk much about these coins outside of my mailing list, but I see they were discussed here :D

I had to change mints between 2006 and 2007, and it was fairly disruptive to the design of the Suncatcher. I had to switch to an entirely different method of making the coin which meant a thinner suncatcher inlay and a 2 piece assembly. Also went from a limitless palette to a very restrictive palette. This is what lead to the delays!

That said, I was very happy with the result, and I'm glad that others are enjoying them as well. That and the free-gifts that were tossed in!!!

Well, I just finished reading the thread about high geocoin prices, so I had to jump in here to offer kudos to Mr. Rake for the pricing on his offerings

$8.40 for two-inch coins with intricate designs

$8.40 for a two-coin set, with magnet

$8.40 for coins with numerous transparent/translucent areas

$9.90 for a three-part spinner

- - - plus - - -

Discounts for sets

Numerous coins activated and released into the wild

Numerous coins donated for fund-raising

Numerous coins given away just for the fun of it

Oh, and last but certainly not least, some of the best-designed and best-looking coins ever

My hat is off to you, Chris - I truely appreciate your efforts and philosophy

Woo Hoooo... I didn't think I would get a response from the Suncatcher Coin maker himself. Too kewl. I like the coins... glad I bought them. The extra gift was nice too. This was my first Crake coin purchase. I will be buying more in the future! :D

It was my first Crake purchase too. And I liked the gift too.

Because I said i liked the Suncatche 2006 more, it doesn't mean i don't like the 2007 version.

<cut>

Oh, and last but certainly not least, some of the best-designed and best-looking coins ever

My hat is off to you, Chris - I truely appreciate your efforts and philosophy

I've got great respect for those who have an idea for a coin and it will turned out like these!

My English isn't good :laughing: , so i'll hope you will undersstand what i'm trying to say :(

We're not big coin collectors, but I had to chime in on this thread. I've always admired Crake's wonderful designs and have enjoyed handling a few of his gorgeous coins in the field.

I didn't order any of the suncatchers, but as a very pleasant surprise during our holiday party today, my children each received a coin as a giveway. They're both EXTREMELY happy with their new gold and silver coins.

Many thanks and kudos to Crake for his wonderful work and very generous spirit!

That was fun. "I have 20 Suncatchers here, and if you're a kid come see me...." and adults hide in the sea of kids hoping for a giveaway! And yes, we're all kids at heart :rolleyes:

I still act like a kid, does that count? :D

That was fun. "I have 20 Suncatchers here, and if you're a kid come see me...." and adults hide in the sea of kids hoping for a giveaway! And yes, we're all kids at heart :D

I still act like a kid, does that count? :D

I Think so . . . Did you read his "quote"? :rolleyes:

I have just recently started collecting coins and today I received my suncatchers (both metals) and 12 days of caching (both metals) along with a metal 2007 snowflake ornament.

A "kid at heart" is a good way to describe how it feels to open a package of coins. You feel like you are getting a new toy that you just can't wait to see. These are VERY nice coins and I will definitely watch for future designs from Crake.

Happy Holidays!!!!!! :lol::huh:

Mine arrived here in the UK today :) Thanks loads to Chris Rake for getting them to me in time for Christmas, and also for the gift of a snowflake! I found a 2006 Suncatcher in the wild earlier this year and thought it was gorgeous, so I jumped at the chance to own the 2007 version. I have one each of the gold and silver coins, plus a 12 Days of Christmas coin for the hell of it. They are all lovely, they're some of the nicest coins I own :(