Membership Issue

fulinn

Good Day,

on 11/29/07 upgraded to Premium membership, all worked just fine (paid via paypal), then on the 30th I was back to basic membership. I looked at my account status and realized that my begining and ending renewal dates were the same ! :lol:

on 11/30/07 I opened a trouble ticket explaining the problem, to date no response other than an automated response.

I'm losing days as this issue moves along, any suggestions ? Am I no impatient, I'm just real excited about getting out and caching ! I understand this is a large site and it may just take longer than what I hoped.

Thanks !

Bonnie

PS:

Ticket ID: PPL-968903

Subject: Membership Expiration for Premium incorrect

Also, I couldn't access the troubleshooting area to get a status on my ticket, it says I don't have the right permissions, even though I was logged in to the site.

I have a similar problem. I pay monthly via paypal and made the latest payment on 11/25/2007. Today I tried to view a cache and the page tells me it is only available to premium members. I go into my membership details and it tells me that I am a premiuim member.

Can somebody help?

While you are at at please also tell me how to unsubscribe... Not saying that I am going to, but we have only cached once in 14 months. I can't seem to figure out how to stop payment via Paypal. It says I have no subscriptions.

Thanks

RoyGPA.

Eric,

Thank you very much for the fast action taken on this matter. It is very much appreciated as is the fact your provided me a credit for the days I could not access my account by moving my experation date to today.

Thats great customer service.

Bonnie

Good Day,

on 11/29/07 upgraded to Premium membership, all worked just fine (paid via paypal), then on the 30th I was back to basic membership. I looked at my account status and realized that my begining and ending renewal dates were the same ! :wub:

on 11/30/07 I opened a trouble ticket explaining the problem, to date no response other than an automated response.

I'm losing days as this issue moves along, any suggestions ? Am I no impatient, I'm just real excited about getting out and caching ! I understand this is a large site and it may just take longer than what I hoped.

Thanks !

Bonnie

PS:

Ticket ID: PPL-968903

Subject: Membership Expiration for Premium incorrect

Also, I couldn't access the troubleshooting area to get a status on my ticket, it says I don't have the right permissions, even though I was logged in to the site.

I have a similar problem. I pay monthly via paypal and made the latest payment on 11/25/2007. Today I tried to view a cache and the page tells me it is only available to premium members. I go into my membership details and it tells me that I am a premiuim member.

Can somebody help?

While you are at at please also tell me how to unsubscribe... Not saying that I am going to, but we have only cached once in 14 months. I can't seem to figure out how to stop payment via Paypal. It says I have no subscriptions.

Thanks

RoyGPA.

You'll need to fire off an email to contact@geocaching.com with all the relevant payment information. Once we have that information, we can look into it for you.

I renewed my premium membership today and I received my subscription number from paypal but when I plug it into the renewal space it tells me "that membership doesn't exist". I waited several hours and then tried again without success. I've been a premium member for a few years and don't remember having this problem. Any ideas? Oh, and I copied and pasted the number to avoid any typos. :lol:

I have the same problem. I purchased a one year membership (30 USD) the 6'th of December through PayPal and it expired the very same day! I have sent in an e-mail the 22'nd of December to contact@Groundspeak.com, still no reply. I know it's Christmas time, but it's is also a great geocaching time.

B) Lars

Update:

It's fixed now. I'm a Premium member again, got a reply later today from Eric at Groundspeak.

B) Lars

Edited by AH3000

I'm having the same problem except my membership lasted about 20min before it reverted to BASIC again. I was hoping to download a bunch of GPX files but only snagged 2 before the mystery began. I've emailed contact@Groundspeak and used the online form. Still awaiting a response. . . Hasn't been too long yet.

Paypal reports no problems, and the subscription ID has been entered into the website.

Anyone else had this issue with auto-cancellation within a few minutes? Seems strange.

I have a question.. I just paid for my Membership using my Credit card and yet it still says that i've not been upgraded...

When i was searching around it finally told me that I needed to put in some code that i could get from my email confirmation and yet when i looked in the email, there was no such thing...

Is this typical?

PayPal memberships are processed automatically and pretty much immediately.

Credit card transactions are processed manually by expert lackeys, who work on weekdays during regular business hours. Please allow extra time due to the holiday, and thanks for your patience.