Just bought my first coin.! :-)

Barefoot Parrothead

It's the pink gerbera micro daisy

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...N:IT&ih=020

It's a replica of a samll tattoo that I have. :-)

So, now what? Do I out it in my first cache find,with a log book and a destination? There is also a travel bug motel a few miles from here? How does that work? Are they for coins also? Coins can have a destination, right? They are not only for trading?

Thanks for all the help. :lol:

Welcome to the addiction!

First coin huh...and you want it to travel??

hotels are for all travelers...coins or TBs. When you activated the coin, there was a field for a mission, you can put any mission you'd like for that coin and then what I'd do is print the coin page (but remove the tracking number from under the menu on the right side) and place it and your coin into a baggie (if you can laminate the coin page, even better). Take these to a cache and set them free!!

Now, go to the cache page where you left the coin and post a find or note (if you've already found the cache before) and drop the coin in!! Sit back and await those travel posts...great fun!!

I should note that I've seen the mission pages where they are about the size of the baggie, not sure where to print that from, but that'd be best so you don't have a HUGE piece of laminated paper to stuff into a baggie.

Edited by Rockin Roddy

If you want your coin to be a traveller, you first have to activate it. With your coin came a code or a piece of paper with something saying "Get your activation code at" and a link to a website. Go to that website and follow the instructions. The tracking number / code is the number that is written on the coin. It is important that you write down the code that you get from that website!

If you have your activation code, you go to the "Trackable items" page on the geocaching.com page. There you find an option "Activate your trackable item". Here you have to fill out the tracking number of the coin (the one that is written on the coin), and then just follow the instructions on the following pages. After a few simple steps (you are asked for the activation code, a name for the coin, a mission (you can leave that blank if you want to, or just write "To travel from cache to cache" if you don't have a special mission for it), the date and the country where you live) the coin is activated and it shows up on your profile page.

Now every time you log a cache on the geocaching-page you will find a drop-down menue at the bottom of the page where your coin is listed. If you have left your coin in a cache, you just click on the coin there and after you submit the log, the coin is logged in the cache and doesn't show up in your profile anymore (only on the page where all trackables are listet that you own).

And yes, you can put a coin in a TB hotel/motel. You can put it in any cache you like, but you should choose one that is well hidden, but is often visited by other cachers. In such caches the coin is relatively safe and will not sit in there very long.