How do I get a 2nd unlock code for City Navigator?

I purchased CityNavigator North America NT and have installed it on my first GPS. How do I get a 2nd unlock code to install on the other GPS? I have read here somewhere that I can do that, but I'm not having any luck. Anyone have a solution for me, or a number to call that will cooperate??

If you purchased CN NT 2008 there is no longer a free second unlock code available. Garmin changed that policy earlier in the year.

Edit to clarify.

Edited by Klatch

When I tried to "upgrade" my 60csx to the newest maps Garmin told me that since the 60csx was my second unit that I was not allowed to upgrade my software to it (only to my first unit which was a gpsV and was sold long ago).

Anyway, to get new maps for my "second" unit I will be forced to pay full retail on new maps.

Anyone else have this experience?

The second codes for City Navigator have been running around $75. Garmin does not post the price on their website, at least they haven't in the past.

Yep, that's what I've heard from others as well.

I have an older version of City Nav. that I use on my 2610 Streetpilot. I just bought a handheld Etrex. When I tried to load the maps it wouldn't work so I called Garmin support and they emailed me a new unlock code for my Vista HCX.

Gene

When I tried to "upgrade" my 60csx to the newest maps Garmin told me that since the 60csx was my second unit that I was not allowed to upgrade my software to it (only to my first unit which was a gpsV and was sold long ago).

Anyway, to get new maps for my "second" unit I will be forced to pay full retail on new maps.

Anyone else have this experience?

Yep, that's what I've heard from others as well.

I have an older version of City Nav. that I use on my 2610 Streetpilot. I just bought a handheld Etrex. When I tried to load the maps it wouldn't work so I called Garmin support and they emailed me a new unlock code for my Vista HCX.

Gene

Yes, but that's a different situation. The older version of CN came with two unlock codes. You used one unlock code on the 2610. Before you bought your eTrex, you apparently had not used your second unlock code.

What kb9nvh was saying was that he/she had a GPS V onto which the maps were loaded and a second unit, the 60CSx onto which the maps were also loaded using the second unlock code.

Then he/she attempted to purchase the upgrade version of CN in order to update the maps on the 60CSx.

Garmin's position (which I don't happen to necessarily agree with) is that only the first unit is eligible for the upgrade price. The second unit isn't and the user would have to purchase the full version instead.

Edited by Motorcycle_Mama