Why are Trig Points not loggable?

Von-Horst

Alternatively if your planning on finding a particular cache with a Trig Point nearby, which has not yet been listed by the YOSM cache. Contact the owner and see if he will move the cache to it so that it does become loggable on GC ;)

Yes requests are welcome :D

Once upon a time there was a very proud little trig-point. It stood guard on the high ground that was the northern boundary of the Borough of Luton and it was lord of all it surveyed. The views over the rolling farmland to the north weren't spectacular but they were pleasant enough and the trig-point was happy. Slowly, the urban sprawl that was Luton crept northwards... Closer and closer until one day the houses of the great unwashed reached the trig-point and a fence was erected just inches away which closed off the southern aspect forever. "Ho hum," thought the trig-point, "I can still look out over the fields to the north and that's not so bad." But that was not to be for a huge water tower was erected right on front of it and this completely blocked the view north. The trig-point was very sad. To make matters worse, a footpath now ran along the town's norther boundary and where once there was solitude, there were now children with aerosol paint and dogs that cocked their legs whenever they passed. The trig-point felt useless, un-wanted and un-loved. People passed it every day but few actually actually saw it even though it was in full view. Then one day, two cyclists stopped. They took some photographs and made a note of the number on the trig-point's metal plate. For a little while, the trig-point felt important once again and wondered if there would be any more visitors. It had heard them mention 'Ye Olde Survey Monuments' and how nice folks came to visit sad and lonely trig-point that had been included in the YOSM list. It's still a sad and lonely trig-point but now it has something to hope for... That one day folks will visit it once again and appreciate it for what it is... An old survey monument.

Once upon a time there was a very proud little trig-point. It stood guard on the high ground that was the northern boundary of the Borough of Luton and it was lord of all it surveyed. The views over the rolling farmland to the north weren't spectacular but they were pleasant enough and the trig-point was happy. Slowly, the urban sprawl that was Luton crept northwards... Closer and closer until one day the houses of the great unwashed reached the trig-point and a fence was erected just inches away which closed off the southern aspect forever. "Ho hum," thought the trig-point, "I can still look out over the fields to the north and that's not so bad." But that was not to be for a huge water tower was erected right on front of it and this completely blocked the view north. The trig-point was very sad. To make matters worse, a footpath now ran along the town's norther boundary and where once there was solitude, there were now children with aerosol paint and dogs that cocked their legs whenever they passed. The trig-point felt useless, un-wanted and un-loved. People passed it every day but few actually actually saw it even though it was in full view. Then one day, two cyclists stopped. They took some photographs and made a note of the number on the trig-point's metal plate. For a little while, the trig-point felt important once again and wondered if there would be any more visitors. It had heard them mention 'Ye Olde Survey Monuments' and how nice folks came to visit sad and lonely trig-point that had been included in the YOSM list. It's still a sad and lonely trig-point but now it has something to hope for... That one day folks will visit it once again and appreciate it for what it is... An old survey monument.

Not been to this one but next time I visit a YOSM in a city I will think of this one and not say to myself why did someone want this one as a YOSM when others have greater views. A nice little story :rolleyes:

Once upon a time there was a very proud little trig-point...

Pharisee, you're making me want to jump in my car and drive to Luton! I've really got to stop empathising with inanimate objects. I have been known to say hello to trigpoints before now...

Me too! And I pat them on the head! :o

None have spoken back... Yet! :ph34r: