Easiest way to download Motorway Mayhem cache series?

I probably should know how to do this by now :anitongue: but I am trying to download a complete list of the mway mayhem (MM) series of caches. It seems that you can't create a pocket query by key word and the MM bookmark has only 170 of the 220 caches in it. I can run a search by keyword but dont then seem to be able to download all of the results - only 1 page at a time? Not sure if the latter is a temporary GC glitch or always so? Anyone got any ideas? I have gsak so can filter results etc if need be.

Any easy solutions much appreciated <_<

Add the Bookmark to your PQ list - et Voila!

I was going to suggest that, but the OP said that the Bookmark list only contains 170 out of 220 MM caches. I'd suggest persuading whoever maintains the Bookmark list to update it with the missing 50.

(I must admit, I've been assuming that the bookmark list was complete)

Simon

Add the Bookmark to your PQ list - et Voila!

I was going to suggest that, but the OP said that the Bookmark list only contains 170 out of 220 MM caches. I'd suggest persuading whoever maintains the Bookmark list to update it with the missing 50.

(I must admit, I've been assuming that the bookmark list was complete)

Simon

Blimey... I never realised that either...

TBH, if I'm going anywhere I just do a "caches along a route" which obviously pulls up the MM's!

I found the easiest way was to use Geotoad and search for caches with "Motorway Mayhem" in the title.

Hi Darac, I hadn't come across Geotoad before so thanks for the pointer. I downloaded it last night and had a quick play without much success but I will persevere for a bit - and if desperate will try reading the instructions :(

I tried geotoad but couldn't get it to work. It had signon and other windows security problems for me.

I too hadn't realised the main list didn't have all MM caches. As an experiment I had a few minutes to spare and have created a list with all new MM caches since 10th Dec 2006 when the last one ends. To my surprise there were at least 70 new ones - accounted for by the archived entries in the previous list. I am still trying to see if I can think of a better way to do this but have published my list in case it is of use to anyone.

http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.a...35-ec205b3e2a0f

I spotted a while ago that Adams bookmark list was a bit out of date.

I've since had a few emails to and fro with Adam and since he doesn't have much time for caching now, I've created a new bookmark list.

Currently there are 218 active MM caches, of which 13 are unavailable at the moment, but, of course, this can change at any time.

Feel free to make use of it and please email me through my profile if you spot any missing or incorrectly included.

I'll try to keep it as up to date as possible, but it might take a few days for me to spot a new one or an archived one. The notes on the list are (hopefully) self explanatory.

Motorway Mayhem Bookmark List

I spotted a while ago that Adams bookmark list was a bit out of date.

I've since had a few emails to and fro with Adam and since he doesn't have much time for caching now, I've created a new bookmark list.

Currently there are 218 active MM caches, of which 13 are unavailable at the moment, but, of course, this can change at any time.

Feel free to make use of it and please email me through my profile if you spot any missing or incorrectly included.

I'll try to keep it as up to date as possible, but it might take a few days for me to spot a new one or an archived one. The notes on the list are (hopefully) self explanatory.

Motorway Mayhem Bookmark List

I've probably missed the point here, but aren't some of the Motorway Madness the same thing?

GSAK can be used to create a Bookmark list from a filter, so a filter for MM caches and then a macro run on that should create a complete bookmark list, and should be fairly easy to keep up to date. If no one else has done it, I will try and do it at the weekend and let you know the details of the bookmarks list. Obviously, GSAK needs to have a complete list of UK caches, which not everybody has…

At the same time, I may create some other bookmarks lists – anyone got any suggestions?

I've probably missed the point here, but aren't some of the Motorway Madness the same thing?

I can add Motorway Madness quite easily if that's the right thing to do.

I nearly started to add other caches that are quick grabs at junctions etc... but initially decided to go with just Motorway Mayhem.

GSAK can be used to create a Bookmark list from a filter, so a filter for MM caches and then a macro run on that should create a complete bookmark list, and should be fairly easy to keep up to date. If no one else has done it, I will try and do it at the weekend and let you know the details of the bookmarks list. Obviously, GSAK needs to have a complete list of UK caches, which not everybody has…

I looked at this, but decided to not tie up loads of PQs etc... with a search for MM caches.

It's no problem to manage it the way I'm doing it. But, if you'd like to run the filter a couple of times (and send me the gpx file from GSAK) it would be good to use it to check my starting point, thanks. It would also help make sure I've captured any old ones that have been archived - I've got quite a lot, but a cross check would also be good.

I can keep an eye on activity on current MM caches, simply by a notification of logs on any in my bookmark list.

New ones are captured by a regular cross check of downloaded loc files and compared in GSAK.

This link should give you a full up to date list of the MM series, currently 224! What a monster we created :D

MMayhem

Yup, that's the list I used, initially to get the bookmark list started off. Then using a few other searches pulled in most of the archived ones (just for the hell of it !!).

The full list I now have (active, archived, available/unavailable) is run in GSAK and checked for changes from there.

Still got a mere 130 active to find !!

There's only 220 active true MM caches at the moment.

7 of the results from a Motorway Mayhem keyword search aren't actually MM caches, but have the words in their name. Therefore they're not included in my bookmark list.

I'm not quite sure why a keyword search returns 226, when there's actually 227 (as above).

Have a look here for my list and a bit of an explanation. My bookmark list does contain some archived caches now, so the numbers don't appear to add up unless you dig into the stats etc...

I keep it up to date in a variety of ways - checked twice a week - sometimes more often - depending on how much time I have. There's more than one way to skin a cat to save time ;)

If anyone is interested, I also have a list of virtually all the archived ones too - just for the hell of it ;)

Still looking at ways of adding other cache and dash caches near to motorway junctions etc. If I do follow this up, it'll be a different bookmark list to keep MM separate.