Would it be....

psyber7

WFYB.

Sorry for the ignorance...don't know what WFYB means. Thanks!

Your forum post merited just an acronym response. How did that feel?

As a cache owner, I appreciate long, descriptive logs... including the ones I often receive on my one lamp post cache. As a cache finder, my *average* log length is about 100 words, including the lamp post caches, guardrail caches. There is always something to say... why I was in the area, the condition of the cache, whether there was an odd muggle, whether I found the cache quickly or was stumped by one of the many tricks which LPC owners employ, etc.

But if you'd rather log with an acronym, well, whatever floats your boat.

I think some of my early logs I may have just written TFTC or something to that effect. But there is really no reason to do that in the online log. I usually try to write something, even if it only has to do with the condition of the container, log, etc. I save the abbreviations for the signing the physical log while standing in a swamp, holding the log in one hand, my pen in the other, the cache between my knees, the zip-loc bag under my chin while being eaten by mosquitoes.

Edited by admo1972

WFYB.

As a cache owner, I appreciate long, descriptive logs... including the ones I often receive on my one lamp post cache. As a cache finder, my *average* log length is about 100 words, including the lamp post caches, guardrail caches. There is always something to say... why I was in the area, the condition of the cache, whether there was an odd muggle, whether I found the cache quickly or was stumped by one of the many tricks which LPC owners employ, etc.

B)B):lol:

WFYB.

B)B):lol:

Sorry...that lag was quite funny as well! Good post Lep!!

Edited by Rockin Roddy

I would feel the same way, if and when I ever get my own cache's out there. I also really enjoy descriptive logs. I want to know what you saw, what you took, what yhou left. I think that is part of the fun?

I get dissapointed when a cache in my watch list gets logged and all I see is; "Found it. TFTC".

Edited by Barefoot Parrothead

Yeah I use to write nice logs. But then I kept getting "please edit your log, you gave away the area where the cache is hidden". :lol: Hello, my gpsthingy did that. So now it is "SL" or if I really feel wordy "found, logged, left." Cuts down on the log re-editing.

Jim

Guess it would be considered as lame as said lamp post hide.

Don't know why someone would feel a cache in a store parking lot is a "find".

Certainly not noteworthy.

Took little imagination, no time or "bother."

I believe you should take as much time writing your log as the CO took placing it. Thirty seconds.

CJ sometimes does them and I go for safety. Can't count how many times we've seen a park or forest nearby with NO caches in it. :lol: