Scouts related geocoins

PLnauta

TMOCM's personal coin - personal trade w/ him

Scouting WV's personal coin - personal trade w/ him

"be prepared" scout coin - produced by atwell family (sold out)

2 Hoxie Scout coins - Made for KSWader... not sure on the status

Venture Crew 44'85' (http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=147303&hl=), not sure on the status

Scout Knife (crew 416) - these are HTF and hard to get

Sorry if thats not much help to you, but it looks like your going to have to trade or buy on ebay for them.

Edited by ByrnedFish

I sure would like to get some sort of scout coin for my son Zack..preferably the 'Be Prepared' coin as it's most universal. I found a scout coin being sold on eBay for a hiking fundraiser and they were charging $17.00 for shipping! I emailed as there must have been some mistake and he told me that it weighs 14oz. That must be some huge coin. :anibad::)<_<:)

I sure would like to get some sort of scout coin for my son Zack..preferably the 'Be Prepared' coin as it's most universal. I found a scout coin being sold on eBay for a hiking fundraiser and they were charging $17.00 for shipping! I emailed as there must have been some mistake and he told me that it weighs 14oz. That must be some huge coin. :anibad::)<_<:)

That must have been a mistake...or an attempt to profit from the shipping. You're basically paying for the coin AND the shipping with that fee!!

ScoutingWV....VERY generous of you...and a BEAUTIFUL coin as well!!

I bought the standard BSA "Be Prepared" coin at my local scout shop for about $3.

Oh yes, I bought him that one for investiture and also the one with the promise on it.

I am also a leader with Girl Guides in Calgary....I know there are no too many Guide geocoins out there and I am currently working on one that would involve the logo of the Calgary Girl Guides...of course I am waiting for their permission to do this so who knows when I'll be able to go ahead with this project

I talked to C&P the other day and they received approval to sell the "Be Prepared" geocoin. Needed to deal with some issues which I think have been all worked out, it should be one thero site again soon.

The is the Artist Edition in Antique Silver. Don't quote me but I think they well selling gold and antique bronze. This is also one with the troop number. the trackable have the tracking number there and the words trackable at geocaching.com below the banner.

scouting-f.jpg

scouting-b.jpg

I talked to C&P the other day and they received approval to sell the "Be Prepared" geocoin. Needed to deal with some issues which I think have been all worked out, it should be one thero site again soon.

The is the Artist Edition in Antique Silver. Don't quote me but I think they well selling gold and antique bronze. This is also one with the troop number. the trackable have the tracking number there and the words trackable at geocaching.com below the banner.

wow I am so happy about this. I have been trying to get this trackable one for my son's eagle ceremony as a gift. Is there a link where we can purchase them?

ps. If anyone else has coins they would like to "gift" a new Eagle please PM me! These coins will never been sold or traded!!! His GC name is general viper.

Sweet. I thought we totally missed out on this one. Zack will be thrilled. Are Atwells a scouting family as well?

Both my brother and I are Eagle Scouts. I worked at a scout camp in Colorado for a number of summers. The coin in the picture is 1 of 100 that I had made for the troop I was part of in Cheyenne, WY. I presented them with the box. Not sure what they plan to do with them but here are a few ideas:

1. Present one to every kids in the troop
  2. Present to Eagle Scouts when they achive that rank (kind of like a challenge coin)
  3. Someone mentioned buying some and giving to those scouts that help you along your scouting path

I am very proud of the design and glad that C&P were able to work out the details.

Edited by Atwell Family

wow I am so happy about this. I have been trying to get this trackable one for my son's eagle ceremony as a gift. Is there a link where we can purchase them?

ps. If anyone else has coins they would like to "gift" a new Eagle please PM me! These coins will never been sold or traded!!! His GC name is general viper.

Not sure when they will be back up onthe site. I think they had tio discuss one last detail concerning the card insert inthe pouch.

scouting-f.jpg

scouting-b.jpg

Is there any reason why they wouldn't mint the new version in some type of silver? I know in scouting silver is the highest for an Eagle Scout. I know a lot of people like to get these for Eagle Scouts (My older son is an Eagle with all 3 palms) and they would like a silver version more than a gold or bronze color. I guess the silver is just more symbolic to the highest honor in scouting. I know I bought all of the metals when they came out and I liked all of the versions.

I sure would like to get some sort of scout coin for my son Zack..preferably the 'Be Prepared' coin as it's most universal. <snip>

Oh - THAT "Be Prepared" coin. Yeah, that would be a nice gift. It wasn't out when my son got his eagle. I found a silver BSA coin (can't remember the vendor - seems like it was in California) we engraved with his award date.

I've got one of these "Be Prepared coins now and really like the way it turned out.

Is there any reason why they wouldn't mint the new version in some type of silver? I know in scouting silver is the highest for an Eagle Scout. I know a lot of people like to get these for Eagle Scouts (My older son is an Eagle with all 3 palms) and they would like a silver version more than a gold or bronze color. I guess the silver is just more symbolic to the highest honor in scouting. I know I bought all of the metals when they came out and I liked all of the versions.

Well, I am the Artist and the Artist Edition was the Antique Silver. I only had so many made and sold them all. Might get some more but for now I don't have any available. As far as I am concerned C&P should not have any either, like I said AE version.

Email sent.

Well, I am the Artist and the Artist Edition was the Antique Silver. I only had so many made and sold them all. Might get some more but for now I don't have any available. As far as I am concerned C&P should not have any either, like I said AE version.

What did you mean, "As far as I am concerned C&P should not have any either. . ."? Did you mean they shouldn't have any of the scout coins? Also, I'm not sure what an AE version is, but I know I got some type of silver scout coin from C&P a while back.

What did you mean, "As far as I am concerned C&P should not have any either. . ."? Did you mean they shouldn't have any of the scout coins? Also, I'm not sure what an AE version is, but I know I got some type of silver scout coin from C&P a while back.

AE is Artist Edition and I should be the only one who could get that finish. That is what I meant by C&P shoul dnot have any antique silver.

I am officially an Eagle Scout as of last night!!! I had my final board of review. My troop now has 70 eagles in 95 years, including 9 in 2007 alone.

I have *almost* all of the scouting coins listed in this thread (missing the TMOCM), and they are all great.

Great Job!

You will now be an Eagle Scout forever!

Our Troop has had 23 Eagle shouts in it's 48 years, including my son.

I am officially an Eagle Scout as of last night!!! I had my final board of review. My troop now has 70 eagles in 95 years, including 9 in 2007 alone.

I have *almost* all of the scouting coins listed in this thread (missing the TMOCM), and they are all great.

I can help you fix that problem :) Send me your address and a coin will be in the mail to you ASAP.

Congratulations on your Eagle rank, you will be surprised what obtaining that rank will do for you in life. My oldest son got his first job mainly because they saw Eagle Scout on his application.

Congratulations ByrnedFish!!! That is a great accomplishment.

I didn't have such an opportunity being a Girl Scout, but I am a brother in Alpha Phi Omega.