Geocaching Trail Symbols / Markers

smish25

Is there some sort of symbol to mark a trailhead for geocaching? I know that there's one for just plain bush walking/hiking but it would be great if there was a way to mark a trail for fellow geocachers or yourself if you're checking on a cache. If there's not one maybe one could be devised and made official?

Cheers,

Smish25 :laughing:

Is there some sort of symbol to mark a trailhead for geocaching? I know that there's one for just plain bush walking/hiking but it would be great if there was a way to mark a trail for fellow geocachers or yourself if you're checking on a cache. If there's not one maybe one could be devised and made official?

I am missing something here I think, but are you talking creating trailheads on the ground?

Andrew

I am missing something here I think, but are you talking creating trailheads on the ground?

Andrew

Yes sorry

G'day

I have two comments in respect of same:

(a) First up this is geocaching ... you can use your nounce and your GPS and maps to work out access points or alternatively you can provide when hiding a cache provide parking coordinates or start point coordinates so there is no reason to create a trailhead on the ground that I can see;

(:) Secondly I suspect that most land owners would get a bit upset if you started creating trailheads! It would also violate the Geocaching.com guidelines in respect to placing caches. We are not about doing physical damage to the environment.

Regards

Andrew

I suspect that most land owners would get a bit upset if you started creating trailheads! It would also violate the Geocaching.com guidelines in respect to placing caches. We are not about doing physical damage to the environment.

Regards

Andrew

I don't think that it would be damaging to the environment if its just a pile of rocks.

I don't think that it would be damaging to the environment if its just a pile of rocks.

I suspect a lot of insects, lizards and the like might disgree with you. It is generally not considered appropriate to move rocks to create trailheads, trail markers etc and given the nature of geocaching unnecessary.

Again I suggest you use your GPS to record the appropriate waypoint and use the facilities available here when creating a cache page. The tools are there and you might watn to read the cache placement guidelines.

Cheers

Andrew