Dates and date formats

The Vikings

This morning I tried to post a note for a TB. The default date came up as yesterday's so I tried to change it to today's, when I was told that I could not post notes on a future date.

Here in Australia we are well ahead of the US, at least when it comes to time and dates. I would therefore suggest that the web site validate dates against the user's date, not the server's.

I would also suggest a setting in the Account profile where you could choose which date format to use. It is quite confusing with the American MDY format when you, as in most other countries of the world, are used to either having DMY or YMD.

I second that. While it is midnight in US it is ten in the morning here in Finland. I know there is the time zone setting in the profile but it seems that it has no effect to the actual caching experience. It would be nice to have everything displayed based on your local time with your local or settable date/time formats.

Cheers,

73 de OH2TH.

2007-12-02 10:37 +0200

I clicked on the word Search which is in the upper right hand corner of ever forum page. It was very easy to find the answer with a simple search because it has been talked about so much. I found the answer and it is that they are working on it and will get a fix out ASAP, or that it is already complete and in version 2 of the website which is about to be released, or that it is low priority and they will get around to it eventually. Darn short term memory! I can't seem to remember exactly. Oh well, I guess you'll just have to do the search for yourself. Here is a link to the Search page just in case you were having trouble finding it.