What's the most extreme cache you have or have done.

joranda

Counting Counties in Oregon (GCR9XY). The maximum possible score in 2006 was 302.0 D + T for 36 caches.

I found, logged and bookmarked the highest rated cache in each of the 36 counties in Oregon in 2006.

Eight of them were rated 5/5. This cache is still loggable but most of the people still working on it are looking for easier caches. PMOGUY and I had identical scores but he was in first place because he finished 5 days before me. Neither of us kept track of the hours, miles or gallons of gas in this January to December exodus.

Define 'extreme'. :lol: My sister and I did two on the Presi Traverse in NH. There are easier ways to do them, but we hiked 24 miles. About 9000 feet of climb. Bagged 7 of the 4's! Only took us four days.

Saturday, I did a 3.5/4 cache that required climbing a hundred feet up the tumbled boulders up a cliff. Extreme enough?

Sounds good, but we don't have many boulders here.

If you don't have mountains, boulders, canyons or crusaders to make the hunt interesting, you can always stick something on top of a secure building and see what happens.

She's pulling your chain, of course.

2b6b3593-94eb-46ce-97c0-0a6db468489.jpg

This is Uber.

Notice the angle that she is standing?

There is no truth to the rumor that her right leg is 12 inches shorter than her left.

We're still newbies, (less than 100 finds and only a month of caching) but our most extreme was Sentinel Gap View.

The wind, plus other elements, caught me off guard. If I had read the logs, I could have saved myself a ton of misery. It was very fun and exciting though. And I had never been so happy to find a cache.

I tried to place a 4/5 cache, but in the end, the property owners didn't want a liability issue. But we're still searching.

We do have mountains, and foothills, around here. The most extreme cache I have done was "Long Valley Peak 4,906'." The nearly-impenetrable chapparal made the hike long and arduous. A brush fire later in the summer cleared half of the mountain, so getting to the top will be much easier for future cachers.

1005868rrr50jj2.jpg

Possibly the most extreme cache I have placed is this one, "Elevation 3000." The cache is at the very top of that pointy peak. :yikes: What a view from up there! :yikes:

a880f22d-b660-42bc-b9e9-4137a0618f72.jpg

We do have mountains, and foothills, around here. The most extreme cache I have done was "Long Valley Peak 4,906'." The nearly-impenetrable chapparal made the hike long and arduous. A brush fire later in the summer cleared half of the mountain, so getting to the top will be much easier for future cachers.

1005868rrr50jj2.jpg

Possibly the most extreme cache I have placed is this one, "Elevation 3000." The cache is at the very top of that pointy peak. :mmraspberry: What a view from up there! :mmraspberry:

a880f22d-b660-42bc-b9e9-4137a0618f72.jpg

I need to get to areas like these, the caching would be great. Thanks for sharing. :(

Well, some of our Psycho Urban Caches and Psycho Backcountry caches take advantage of extreme natural terrain features (of which you report that your region is devoid) and some do not; they simply take advantage of abandoned structures or abandoned infrastructure, or just normal terrain features. You may wish to check out our public bookmark list of all of our Psycho caches, and the ones to which I would most draw your attention would be PUC #8 and PUC #10 (abandoned forts) PUC #11 and #12 (islands in a river) and PUC #13 (abandoned infrastructure in the middle of a raging river.) Hopefully you may get some ideas from some of these.

Something along these lines might be applicable to your area - Ring of Fire (GCJYHZ) wasn't the most extreme cache I ever did - but most of those were on mountains and you said you lack those. Have target some other plane/train wrecks around the state for this summer.

Some of the very best caches I have done - and definitely extreme were by a cacher here who goes by the handle Lahontan - he's not currently active - but he has some o the best puzzles, hikes and hides out there. He has my respect - very thoughtful - thought provoking stuff and things you can be proud of solving or doing. Never a garbage dump cacher!

Elevation often makes for extreme caching - hehehehe as long as you are willing to maintenance it!

Really, one on my most extreme has been: Obey the Moon GCWRYY

Obey The Moon

located in London, UK, in the middle of the Thames river, you had to time your hunt with the tides of the Thames, even at low tide, VERY slippery rocks, etc... Very extreme fun, to find a cache & stand in the Thames river in London!

100_2733.jpg

Edited by Lovey Pigs

I have been caching for about a year and a half and decided recently that I would prefer quality over quantity. So what to do???? Find someone that loves adventure as much as I do and hope they want to take a wild road trip now and then. I have really been exerting myself and doing a lot of stuff that I wouldn't have before, but am really enjoying the physical challenges. Throw in some puzzle caches with mind bending ideas and concepts and I am fully accomodated, mentally and physically.

There was a time that I would go out on a weekend day and pound out 15-25 caches and love that my numbers got better. But I have to say that all the extreme caches and challenging caches make me realize that I don't EVER care if my numbers rise, as long as I can have as much fun out there.....

What do y'all think????

I have been caching for about a year and a half and decided recently that I would prefer quality over quantity. So what to do???? Find someone that loves adventure as much as I do and hope they want to take a wild road trip now and then. I have really been exerting myself and doing a lot of stuff that I wouldn't have before, but am really enjoying the physical challenges. Throw in some puzzle caches with mind bending ideas and concepts and I am fully accomodated, mentally and physically.

There was a time that I would go out on a weekend day and pound out 15-25 caches and love that my numbers got better. But I have to say that all the extreme caches and challenging caches make me realize that I don't EVER care if my numbers rise, as long as I can have as much fun out there.....

What do y'all think????

Wooo Hooo!! I second that! My Partner in Crime and I love heading out for the unusual stuff - I got to snowshoe 13 miles for a DNF with the best of company for Hadley Falls (GCCAF) - and I can honestly say its NOT the longest hike I have taken to log a DNF - Meeko's Mountian Cache (GCQ0RB). For my 2000th we did a rope climb to a train wreck (Ring of Fire - GCJYHZ) - absolutely a great cache! Even broke into poetics for that one [:D]

What do y'all think????

Wooo Hooo!! I second that! My Partner in Crime and I love heading out for the unusual stuff - I got to snowshoe 13 miles for a DNF with the best of company for Hadley Falls (GCCAF) - and I can honestly say its NOT the longest hike I have taken to log a DNF - Meeko's Mountian Cache (GCQ0RB). For my 2000th we did a rope climb to a train wreck (Ring of Fire - GCJYHZ) - absolutely a great cache! Even broke into poetics for that one [:D]

I got FTF on all of joranda's extreme cache's :D .We got a new one in our area ''INSANE?'' Join the club.GC1A5VJ.It's the craziest thing i've ever done for a cache.Joranda won't even do it.

Update: I joined the insane cache group. As of today, only two inthe club. :o

I got FTF on all of joranda's extreme cache's :D .We got a new one in our area ''INSANE?'' Join the club.GC1A5VJ.It's the craziest thing i've ever done for a cache.Joranda won't even do it.

Update: I joined the insane cache group. As of today, only two inthe club. :o

Where do I sign up???? :D