Geocoin Contest Idea

mrbeachroach

O.K, after looking into all things considered, I can come to the agreement that anytime you have to put something in, for a wager, that it would, or could or is belived to be gambling. By definition in any dictonary this is true.

2ndly, again. Seems like the debate could of been resolved by people responding that "dont think you can do that" or that wont work.

So as I said before, if cointest are going to have guidelines than this is coming down the pike sooner or later.

This contest will esentually answer my original question of "Will this actually work". Kinda ironic.

3. Thank you moderators. For being fair and unbiast.

4. I will take everyone up on Rocky Roads offer if it makes us all happy.

5. Hopefully to all of us that are a little wound tight now for my crazy contest, we as players, moderators, and Groundspeak, will come to the conclusion that if there are guidlines for cointest, that THIS kind is clearly alowed, or clearly not, as a sole result, meaning I will not Poop on your past and future cointest!!!!!!

6. My appolagies to anyone who is loosing thire mind.

7. If I have lost any friends over this that I have not yet had, then please throgh a dog a bone, and befriend the underdog newbie here, I could use some friends!!!

Lastly, We have 9 people so far. If 1 more would like to participate than we have the room. As long as they keep up thiere end and I can collect all the coins in 1 place. If the last is not found by Wendsday PM 10-00, then we will keep the 9 people who are in and draw out of that. Lets get these coins in this week and get this over with so we can get on with whatever lives we had before this started!!!!!! LOL. Have a great day, and thanks community, respectfully' Mrbeachroach.

As Eartha stated, there are currently no guidelines around cointests so feel free to finish this one up.

We're not in a position right now to say how, or if, things will change in the future.

I can only hope that Groundspeak can find other pressing issues that would distract them from putting guidelines and restrictions on how some chooses to freely giveaway a geocoin.

Why must there be guidelines that would distract from the generosity of this community? How is there harm in guessing a persons birthday, or being a random post number??

What is this world coming to when you must ask for permission to give away a coin?

As Eartha stated, there are currently no guidelines around cointests so feel free to finish this one up.

We're not in a position right now to say how, or if, things will change in the future.

I can only hope that Groundspeak can find other pressing issues that would distract them from putting guidelines and restrictions on how some chooses to freely giveaway a geocoin.

Why must there be guidelines that would distract from the generosity of this community? How is there harm in guessing a persons birthday, or being a random post number??

What is this world coming to when you must ask for permission to give away a coin?

Damenace, as long as the earth remains, there will be someting for us all to worry about.

I would not sweat it=beachroach.

Damenace, as long as the earth remains, there will be someting for us all to worry about.

I would not sweat it=beachroach.

Amen Brother

I agree wholeheartedly Damenace! Unfortunately, that's not the case here, the OP isn't giving anything "FREELY" (truly, the OP isn't GIVING anything at all). Now, I realize you said you'd give him a coin "no strings attached" (I took that to mean just give it to him not for a contest as he says he was merely asking a question), but what he is doing is gambling. When I saw his post, I instantly realized this isn't a good thing as I don't think GS would appreciate gambling on their site. As the "question" is worded, it reads as nothing more than an attempt to start a contest (shouldn't surprise anyone that a contest was then started...you yell fire in a theater....) simply for the purpose of getting a free coin. IF Mrbeach were to have come here and hung out to get a feel of our "family", I'm CERTAIN someone would have been MORE than happy to give FREELY and he'd have been welcomed as a member of our community! (we all know how friendly and giving this group is...well, those who have been around long enough to know how we all are...Deafhunt did start off on the wrong foot, but he learned quickly...and was welcomed in!).

Mrbeach....you won't be the one who says how GS reacts to this problem, only GS knows this. It's possible there may have been guidelines in the works before this, but I feel you're little "contest" put it to the front burner (maybe I'm wrong). As I said in my PM, I'd GLADLY give you a coin just to have this stop, but I fear it's already too late. My offer stands, you'll get your coin...I gave my word. But as I said, I feel it's too late, the damage has been done!

And USA45....the OP definitely should have asked through the proper channels. As I stated, if he wanted a free coin (which is what is said in the OP), ask...what's the worst anyone could have said? My guess, Damenace would have still been one of the first to respond...that's Damenace!!

"Whats amazing to me, is that everyone thinks that someone who has never posted in the geocoin forum, should of know that if he had a question about geocoins, that he should of asked groudspeak, not all 750 people who regularly post, and more than likely new the answer to my question. Dosent that sould a little silly?"

"Despite the Debate, again thank you Rocky, Mods, and Community. My feelings are not hurt. Some of the best marriages, buisnesses, and friendships start off rockey, and have all seen bad times in the begining. In time, my personality, and addition to the geocaching community: im sure will be like a fine wine, and only be better, and add to all the wonderfull flavors of this life in maturity and time."

-Mrbeachroach

"Whats amazing to me, is that everyone thinks that someone who has never posted in the geocoin forum, should of know that if he had a question about geocoins, that he should of asked groudspeak, not all 750 people who regularly post, and more than likely new the answer to my question. Dosent that sould a little silly?"

"Despite the Debate, again thank you Rocky, Mods, and Community. My feelings are not hurt. Some of the best marriages, buisnesses, and friendships start off rockey, and have all seen bad times in the begining. In time, my personality, and addition to the geocaching community: im sure will be like a fine wine, and only be better, and add to all the wonderfull flavors of this life in maturity and time."

-Mrbeachroach

Not silly....just seems like the proper thing to do! If I came over to your house, I'd ask YOU if you minded if I smoked (not that I smoke, just an example here), not your guests!! A mistake, what's done is done.

Don't worry about the name Mrbeach, as you can see, we tend to shorten them when typing posts (not to be rude, just to simplify), you can always use RR for my name if you'd rather...

Now....you say you'd like to become a member of the community....let's see what can be done here...

Here's a thought (and don't take this as being rude or a slight to you), read the forums, participate in the forums and become a member of the forums! There are tons of cointests (the free type) going almost all the time (and many more will likely come around Christmas time...if TPTB still allow them), most simply require a response or a guess or a picture...the winner usually being the smart one or the lucky one! Jump in on those, throw out the guesses and respond to the other threads where you have a comment!! people will soon get to know who you are through that!

Read the Secreat Santa mission and the Thanksgiving mission threads. THOSE threads will really give you a feel of what this community is all about! Read how much fun everyone is having trying to give the perfect gift to another on the forums, the excitedness of getting their package and the joy of listing the gifts...what amazing stories!!

Read the CreepyCrawlyCacher thread, the Geopumpkin, the Fairy, Mickey Diver etc...those are some true testimonies of what this family is all about! Not meaning to leave any of you MYSTERY coiners out...we love each and every one of you (and that's from the heart)!

In short...PARTICIPATE...you'll be more than a welcome member in no time!

Oh...and WELCOME to the forums!!! I now have your addy, a coin will be on it's way shortly!!

Edited by Rockin Roddy

O.K. so that is it. At last count we have 9 participants, so we will draw a winner out of the 9, this will not effect anything origanly promised because of RR's offer, except that 1 of you will get all the coins as well as the one you submitted! Good resolution RR. So the contest is now closed to new entries, and we will wait for the DONATED, coins to come in. I have recived 1 of the 9 so far, I will keep you posted dailey. -mrbeachroach.

-Mrbeachroach

Not silly....just seems like the proper thing to do! If I came over to your house, I'd ask YOU if you minded if I smoked (not that I smoke, just an example here), not your guests!! A mistake, what's done is done.

Don't worry about the name Mrbeach, as you can see, we tend to shorten them when typing posts (not to be rude, just to simplify), you can always use RR for my name if you'd rather...

Now....you say you'd like to become a member of the community....let's see what can be done here...

Here's a thought (and don't take this as being rude or a slight to you), read the forums, participate in the forums and become a member of the forums! There are tons of cointests (the free type) going almost all the time (and many more will likely come around Christmas time...if TPTB still allow them), most simply require a response or a guess or a picture...the winner usually being the smart one or the lucky one! Jump in on those, throw out the guesses and respond to the other threads where you have a comment!! people will soon get to know who you are through that!

Read the Secreat Santa mission and the Thanksgiving mission threads. THOSE threads will really give you a feel of what this community is all about! Read how much fun everyone is having trying to give the perfect gift to another on the forums, the excitedness of getting their package and the joy of listing the gifts...what amazing stories!!

Read the CreepyCrawlyCacher thread, the Geopumpkin, the Fairy, Mickey Diver etc...those are some true testimonies of what this family is all about! Not meaning to leave any of you MYSTERY coiners out...we love each and every one of you (and that's from the heart)!

In short...PARTICIPATE...you'll be more than a welcome member in no time!

Oh...and WELCOME to the forums!!! I now have your addy, a coin will be on it's way shortly!!

You have a good spirit. Thank you.

Edited by mrbeachroach

my dear i see the back pack and know why you need a cheap coin! Love any idea which is fun like your cointest.

Unfortunately if i entered and won you would have to pay international postage - for 9coins probably better you bought one to start with :(

But if you would like a free travelling coin please pm me and I'll set one free for you in australia to swim to your house - happy xmas.

O.K. so here is the latest update, we had a great start the first week and collected 5 of the 9 coins. here are the people so far and the coins they submited: 1) USyoopers- GE Elemant coin 2) Over the Edge- Over the Edge Coin. 3) Derschlings- CICO Coin. 4) 007BigD- 7 Deadly sins of Caching. 5) Accordingal- G-Bear coin.

WE ARE STILL WAITING OF 4 COINS FROM: COREYNJOEY, FAIRYHONEY,DAMENACE,AND FROZENBUNS, PLEASE LET US KNOW IF ANY OF YOU BACKED OUT SO WE CAN DRAW OR WAIT. thank you. MRBEACHROACH.

Ok fairyhoney and demenace I got your coins today also 1 other one that is a blessing cursing coin. Which screen name is this for? We are waiting for 1 more. possibly frozenbunz or coreynjoeys. If it arrives tommarow we will draw, at 10 pm,

Does the "blessing cursing" con look like a 45 record? I've never heard of the coin..Did you check the post mark?

I am another relatively new to geocaching and very new to the forums. joranda has the best sense of humor with the frog "audience" awaiting the next part of the drama. mrbeachroach, i personally think you had a good, fun idea here. You are to be applauded for handling the entire thing like you did and coming to a marvelous compromise to make everyone happy.

I love the way the whole thing is ending and would have loved to send you a coin except that I only have one to my name. I just won one on e-bay, though, and have some bids on others. This whole thing is a great learning process, and I just hope we can all keep on being kind. Heck, I am so pitiful, I can't even get my new gps going properly!

Good night to everyone!! I can't wait to see who wins.

:)

O.K. So here is the deal, we are still as of Saturday morning waiting on 1 coin, and have 1 that is unidentified as of who the sender was. I think that one is coreynjoeys. I Have contacted the one whos coin has not made it yet, but said it was sent, depending on what we come up with and see is fair, I will wait for the mail today, and If the coin has not come ALL the names will be put in the hat, we will draw, today, and if the winner is the person whos coin has been mailed but not come yet, I will wait to send the coins untill we recive the entry coin. This way it is fair to everyone, we can get on with it and still include everyone. If this person is not the winner then the winner will recive 2 packages, one with the 8 coins and another with the 1 coin whenever it gets here. Everyone understand? Sorry this has drug out so long but it takes a while to get coins collected from across the country. I precive this will have a good outcome.

If I read this correctly, you have 9 coins and are awaiting one more? If this is the case, why would only 8 coins go out in the first mialer?

Remember, he gets to keep one coin for himself for putting on this coin contest. :mmraspberry:

I took care of the donated coin so all coins could go back out to everyone who ante'd up!! GREAT to see a fellow Michigander took the kitty, but all were deserving! MrB...did you get the coins I sent you yet?? Hope you like them and it was my pleasure!

MERRY CHRISMAS all...and CONGRATS UsYoopers!!!

If I read this correctly, you have 9 coins and are awaiting one more? If this is the case, why would only 8 coins go out in the first mialer?

Remember, he gets to keep one coin for himself for putting on this coin contest. :D

I took care of the donated coin so all coins could go back out to everyone who ante'd up!! GREAT to see a fellow Michigander took the kitty, but all were deserving! MrB...did you get the coins I sent you yet?? Hope you like them and it was my pleasure!

MERRY CHRISMAS all...and CONGRATS UsYoopers!!!

Gottem, thanks so much and God bless all!!!