Interstate 64 and 70 Caches in IN, IL and MO

Team SCR

I will be traveling west for Christmas in a few weeks and would like to do at least one P&G in each state that I pass through. I will be passsing through Indiana and Illinois on I-64 and will be taking I-70 all the way across Missouri until I get to I-29.

Not knowing the area and how far a cache may be off the interstate I am hoping some locals can let me know of a quick P&G at a rest are or right off the interstate in these states?

Thanks for any and all help.

Team SCR

check out cachers Neos or Neos1. Oneof them is a truck driver and pretty much has the rest stops covered along I64 in Indiana, and quite a few along the Interstates in Kentucky as well. I am not sure if he gets into Illinois.

Good luck.

I checked the rest stops along that highway in Illinois and there is no caches in any of the rest stops.

In and around SLAGA territory in Missouri:

(GCK8TF) LADY OF THE WAY

(GC96CA) Reflection

(GCRRG1) Lake St. Louis Travel Bug Travel Lodge

If you decide to take I-270 around St. Louis, let me know. I'll give you some that are on that route.

yawetag

I will be traveling west for Christmas in a few weeks and would like to do at least one P&G in each state that I pass through. I will be passsing through Indiana and Illinois on I-64 and will be taking I-70 all the way across Missouri until I get to I-29.

Not knowing the area and how far a cache may be off the interstate I am hoping some locals can let me know of a quick P&G at a rest are or right off the interstate in these states?

Thanks for any and all help.

Team SCR

I recommend this one:

Beachfront Indiana Fossil Zone (GCPTAD)

There also used to be one on top of this cut out too, if you've got a few minutes to climb up there. If you walk down the exit ramp, it's just a steep hill. If you're an idiot like me, you can take the stairstep limestone cutouts straight up the side.

All cachers are welcome to use the bookmark lists, map, and other resources at the GEOTRUCKERS website. Most truck and rv friendly caches are along the highways, in rest stops, fuel stops, and friendly businesses.

GeoTruckers is a resource for those who cache from larger vehicles, trucks and RVs, and often find parking or access to be a hindrance to their enjoyment.

Just a quick search found these in the I-64 truck stops.

Take a Rest....Stop (GCP0RW)

Coming Or Going? (GCRD8R)

These two are very interesting just off the interstate earthcaches.

Beachfront Indiana Fossil Zone (GCPTAD)

The Oolitic Limestone Cache (GC9BA0)

Is there a way to search for reststop caches on geocaching.com?