Downloading Caches to Garmin Nuvi 260

Great thank you.. I will try that. Although I discovered after testing it this weekend by using way points the Nuvi 260 is to very Cacheing friendly

Moving to the appropriate forum

Does this procedure work for all nuvi models? I'm considering a nuvi 650, but want to make sure I can load gpx files first. From the response, I'm assuming that GSAK can be used to load waypoints to a nuvi the same way I load my Garmin 60CX. Are the cache waypoints displayed the same as on the 60CX? Thanks!

I'm using my Nuvi 200 at the moment for Geocaching and it works fine for me. I upload my caches with a usb cable. At first you need the plug in from the site for it to work but i have had no problems doing it this way.

You just need to click on, send to GPS. If it doesnt work, try installing the latest plugin.

http://www8.garmin.com/products/communicator/

Edited by dsr150

I'm using my Nuvi 200 at the moment for Geocaching and it works fine for me. I upload my caches with a usb cable. At first you need the plug in from the site for it to work but i have had no problems doing it this way.

You just need to click on, send to GPS. If it doesnt work, try installing the latest plugin.

I just tried that plugin and my computer would not recognize the GPS. I tried rebooting and installing Garmin USB drivers but it would not. I had to restore yesterday's copy of my registry to return to normal.

Is there another way to send caches to the Nuvi 200 besides using the site plug-in? I read something online about it being able to use GPX files.

The price of this unit has come down so much that I'm tempted to pick one up to use to navigate to cache locations instead of my Magellan handheld, which does only a so-so job of routing.

Thanks for the info! I received my nuvi 650 yesterday. Awesome! The easiest way to load caches is to open your pocket query in GSAK and selct 'export' under the file menu. I selected .gpx file format then selected the directory to save the file into.

now, when you hook your nuvi to your PC, it acts like another hard drive. (Mass storage unit) If you right click the start button and select explore, you'll open windows file manager. Select your gps (nuvi) and look in the Garmin directory. There is a gpx directory under the Garmin directory. You want to export the .gpx file to the gpx directory. The next time you turn on your nuvi, the caches will show up!

Now the only thing I haven't figured out is how to delete all the caches at once verse deleting them one at a time. Anyway, happy caching!