heading to Iraq soon

scuba dude

I will be taking a turn in the giant sandbox in March. I will only be home sporadically after December so I thought I would put this out now.

If anyone would like to send a coin or SMALL TB to be placed in a cache over there, let me know. I plan on hitting as many caches as possible in my down time while there. I plan on dropping one set of travelers and bringing another set back with me. when I come back in '09

Send me an email if you are interested.

SD

I had one there For a few months, but now he is in Great Britain

The Soldiers never really know when they will leave.

And when they get home they have a lot of catching up to do.

So if you don't mind you TB hanging for a while,what a great way to get the millage.

Mine was at the cache below In Iraq.

FISHBED Fun (MiG-21)

GCMX1X

Have a safe tour will try and keep track of you on geocaching to see what kind of caches you find.

And Thank You For Serving Our Country and Keeping Us Free

Edited by USA 45

Will they be "stuck" in caches for long? I may sound naive, but are there a lot of caches and cachers over there. Also, how do Tbs and coins fair over there?

Thank you for keeping US free :anicute:

I expect it will be similar to caches stateside. You never know exactly what will happen after it's dropped. It could be grabbed the next day by a soldier on his way home. Or it could sit for a long time. It may even go MIA. I will try to pay attention to the logs of caches so I don't drop one in a muggle magnet.

I appreciate all the offers I have had so far!

SD

I was in Iraq 16 months. TBs move very slow over there... I suggest mailing the TB to Iraq (APO) , drop the tb in a cache and send it back to the US. There are many cachers over there but with on going missions etc, caches are not visited like they are here in the states.

Good luck with your tour and bring a camera.

1SG Cav Scout

172nd Stryker Brigade

4-14 Cavalry

Alaska