A unfound Cache?

Fuzzy B

:anibad:-->

QUOTE(Fuzzy B @ Nov 30 2007, 03:12 PM) 3183043[/snapback]

Lets try this question again, but this time Caches that have been looked for, and

DNF's posted.l

What is the record, of a Cache not being found.

How long did it stand up, and what was/is the GC name?

Well Fuzzy, the world recorded that I could find for you that has been looked for but not found was placed on 08/21/2001. That's right, 2001! Called Mount Temple GC1607. So your Mothers Challenge cache will have to sit there a long time before being found. And they did give hints too. :anicute:

:anicute:-->

QUOTE(Fuzzy B @ Nov 30 2007, 06:34 PM) 3183073[/snapback]

Yes ,but most replys were CACHES that no one had ever looked for.

How do you know that no one had ever looked for them? A lack of log notes and lack of DNF log entries does NOT necessarily mean that no one has searched for the cache. With the current state of this sport, it is my observation (and that of many others as well) that only a tiny minority of DNFs are ever logged, perhaps one in ten or one in twelve. Besides, some folks will not log a DNF until and unless they have made several serious and lengthy visits to the cache site to hunt for the cache. So, bottom line is that a lack of log notes and DNFs on the cache listing page does NOT mean that no one has gone after the cache.

"So, bottom line is that a lack of log notes and DNFs on the cache listing page does NOT mean that no one has gone after the cache."

I for one pick and chose which Caches that I "did not find" If I come to a sight where it looks like it might have been muggled then I post it. However, if I'm not finding the cache and it has a record of being found then I'm to embarressed to post my inability to find it. I believe many others do this as well. :anitongue:

Edited by Yosemite Dan